User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Effects of tren on the heart vs. other steroids?

Quote Originally Posted by Right Hook View Post
    I wrote on this topic earlier this year when Ed Vann Amsterdam died. Since then a couple more IFBB pros have died (although both were likely due to electrolyte imbalance). I do believe tren is going to be worse on your heart over time. I believe there is even some animal research to support my statement. Also keep in mind weight training creates added stress on the heart.

There is new research as well as some case studies I reference here - Steroids, Prohormones, and Heart Health – RIP Ed Van Amsterdam | Lean Bulk Articles
    Nice article.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice article RH.

XXIV, I agree. There are tons and tons of things that would make a top tier bodybuilder end up dying young. Steroids are just one thing, but sometimes I think we as people who admire bodybuilders want to believe steroids have a lesser impact than they really do.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We know that in morbidly obese people who have run their cardiac health into the toilet that their hearts undergo "remodeling" after drastic weight loss. There are studies (although I don't have the links handy) that demonstrate this. I think you can apply common wisdom here and safely assume that a shit ton of the harsher steroids over a prolonged time period are going to have a plethora of negative health implications -- up to and including cardiac events.

You can abuse your heart in any number of ways through the years and be lucky enough to nurse it back to health with lifestyle changes. I don't know that I'd want to roll the dice with prolonged blasting and count on that being the case, but hopefully my three methyl cycles in my life won't put me on the operating table later on.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not my strongest topic but simply put-
    IMO the main problem with heart is that as every muscle it does have tendency to grow (somewhat) and main issue is as it grows it loses elasticity in some places, where it actually needs to be elastic- and AAS can add here, also I think Growth Hormone is probably worse than many steroids
    Other thing is that heart also has its own "voltage" and for example thyroid hormones have big effect on it (or things that affect thyroid hormones), and big changes in here can cause your heart to shift its regular beating pattern in a condition known as ventricular fibrillation. If this happens, your heart muscles go out of whack- sometimes this reverses, but sometimes not-

Other thing not often mentioned is- kidneys and there are lot of reports of damage done here, usually damage is not too big but it is irreversible, so it only can get worse

ultimately it does come to genetics- but how many people have prefect genetics?
    Few cycles in a lifetime is OK, but not too many as damage piles up, and also HPTA recovers more slowly so eventually something starts giving up...
    Last edited by Jelisej; 09-18-2013 at 05:12 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post

ultimately it does come to genetics- but how many people have prefect genetics?
    Few cycles in a lifetime is OK, but not too many as damage piles up, and also HPTA recovers more slowly so eventually something starts giving up...
    How many is a few?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly not enough lol!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    How many is a few?
    I ask myself this question... Too many variables, some people can handle one-or-two only, some can go on for a years, I guess thorough check up after some cycles would give an answer to particular person.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster* - Heart Scans (Deleted Scene) - YouTube

Bit on a positive side, deleted scene from "bigger, stronger, faster".
    Last edited by Jelisej; 09-19-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignorance is bliss.

Just kidding.

Kinda.

New Member Feedback Score 0 Sparky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Effects of tren on the heart vs. other steroids?

I had a medical doc buddy send me an article on some current research showing there is mo difference on athletic loading to the heart regardless of the exercise. I will post it up in a different thread.

The level of multiple steroids, HGH, prescription drugs, illicit drugs, and other compounds on the biomechanical machine we call our bodies is unclear and highly individual. As others have stated, genetics are a huge part.

Comparisons could be drawn to life long illicit drug users or smokers/alcoholics who live into there 90's. Overall longevity is still a mystery.

Sparky

sent using Tapatalk Forum 2
    I take it day by day and let nothing rule my life.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=h2s;26946]Ignorance is ignorant bliss.

QUOTE]

fixed