User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Effects of tren on the heart vs. other steroids?

Hey guys,

Do you think the effects of tren on the heart are much worse than other steroids? In particular do you think methyls are worse for the heart than tren would be?
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Effects of tren on the heart vs. other steroids?

As far as I know, there is no research on trenbolone's effect on the heart. However, you could extrapolate from research done on other nortestosterone compounds like nandrolone.

I can tell you this... I've done a lot of blood work over the past year, and my moderate tren usage has not affected my lipids negatively. This, of course, is only one indicator of heart health.

One thing that steroids, as a whole, tend to do is enlarge the heart. I would expect this with any AAS. What are the long term effects of this? Possibly surgery down the road, but that's not a given.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    One thing that steroids, as a whole, tend to do is enlarge the heart. I would expect this with any AAS. What are the long term effects of this? Possibly surgery down the road, but that's not a given.
    enlargement of coronary arteries is a side effect of aas in general. I am GUESSING that it is also dose dependant. Good old Arny is a good example with his 2 or 3 open heart surgeries.

I'm also guessing Tren is not the best one for your heart

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I feel like the long-term effects aren't justified.

I wonder if we can look at pro bodybuilders who have died (Nasser at 47, for instance) at young ages and say steroids had A LOT to do with it. Or was it more the use of diuretics, pain killers (Matt Duval in his 30s), high blood pressure/other effects of being so enormous, really terrible off season diets, etc...

And yes I've been off for months and just wondering about these things.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    Sometimes I feel like the long-term effects aren't justified.

I wonder if we can look at pro bodybuilders who have died (Nasser at 47, for instance) at young ages and say steroids had A LOT to do with it. Or was it more the use of diuretics, pain killers (Matt Duval in his 30s), high blood pressure/other effects of being so enormous, really terrible off season diets, etc...

And yes I've been off for months and just wondering about these things.
    I have the same questions and concerns.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would bet that hgh is worse for the heart at higher doses than tren. If you're lookin to live to 90, then get off everything and stay off.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    I would bet that hgh is worse for the heart at higher doses than tren. If you're lookin to live to 90, then get off everything and stay off.
    Nah I don't mean that I want to live to be an old decrepit guy. I understand the difference in living to 90 and not living how you wanted and hitting 60 and dropping dead that day but having lived more than most 90 year olds ever did.

Maybe I am just over estimating the effects of these drugs on the heart.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my understanding is that it is, just like muscle, temporary and improves once you are off thus the importance of taking time off just as your muscles will shrink back down. But the big boys=no time off so they are pushing it to the limits.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Right Hook's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Effects of tren on the heart vs. other steroids?

I wrote on this topic earlier this year when Ed Vann Amsterdam died. Since then a couple more IFBB pros have died (although both were likely due to electrolyte imbalance). I do believe tren is going to be worse on your heart over time. I believe there is even some animal research to support my statement. Also keep in mind weight training creates added stress on the heart.

There is new research as well as some case studies I reference here - Steroids, Prohormones, and Heart Health – RIP Ed Van Amsterdam | Lean Bulk Articles

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    When using pro bodybuilders longevity to assess the risk of a single compund were are comparing apples to apple pie, there are way to many compenets in the pro bb lifestyle that would cut a mans life short.

A great deal of the misunderstanding about steroids come from the negative media attention, i wish there was a way to seperate the tragedy from the triumph but there isn't. With all the physical and emotional stress body building put a person through its no shock that these guys are dropping like flies in the primes of their lives. It is very unfortunate.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.