Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vince's Log

Hybrid View

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Vince, that's a LOT of work. You have good strength and endurance I'm sure. Why not try and do just 4-6 sets for anything that's related to bench press one day. And focus on each rep. Contract it with all your endurance, until you start seeing black. When you get up, you should feel as if the whole gym is spinning and be like: ''where am I? Am I at the gym? wow!''. Then drink about 40+ grams of any hydrowhey, and you can finish off with fly's. And just let us know how you'r chest feels the next day

Established Member Feedback Score 0 vince's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Yeah Vince, that's a LOT of work. You have good strength and endurance I'm sure. Why not try and do just 4-6 sets for anything that's related to bench press one day. And focus on each rep. Contract it with all your endurance, until you start seeing black. When you get up, you should feel as if the whole gym is spinning and be like: ''where am I? Am I at the gym? wow!''. Then drink about 40+ grams of any hydrowhey, and you can finish off with fly's. And just let us know how you'r chest feels the next day
    Alright I'll try this out, might be a while though. Currently getting hit by a typhoon and another one is supposed to hit on Tuesday. Everything closes when were in TC1(groceries and gym)

You said anything related to bench press, by this you mean flat, incline and decline tight?

Ryan since I've been posting in my log and getting advice to bump up the solid food intake I have done so. I am taking in 2000+ cals, 250g protein, and still keeping an eye on my carbs. I'd say I've been taking in about 80carbs a day.

Also, my previous workout was "over training" based on mike rashid and ct Fletcher's workout, that's why if I am not completely burnt out, I don't feel like I've made progress. My recovery is very good--even after the over training workouts which left me close to dead, the following day I felt fine.
    No flex-I'm starting to lean up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that Inner Armour casein I see there?

You got a good base man. Since you're young I'm sure you recover faster than most of us, even natural. But if you take our advise on lowering the sets, you'll get bigger and stronger without a doubt.

And yup, Flat, Decline, Incline. Don't go over 6 sets! So if you want you can do 3 sets of decline barbell and then 3 sets of flat dumbbells (just an example). Or just focus pure Incline 6 sets (another example). Just try it, and let us know how you feel.

Also on the carbs. 80's kinda really low if you're gonna eat that way daily. I'd say vary. Go for 600 grams on one day, and then 2 days 80 grams or even less, then 600+ again. Carbs are important And when the timing is right they help you get leaner. Just ask Scope, he's the wizard when it comes to cycling carbs

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love carb/cal timing....

I'm all about smashing grub PWO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay i wrote up a new workout based on the feedback I received and some articles I read. This is all trial and error.

Chest/Calves
    Flat Bench-10,8,6,4
    Incline Dumbbell press-6,5,4
    Decline Chest press machine-3x8
    Seated Incline Cable flyes-3x8
    Flat Dumbbell flyes with press-3x6

Back
    V-Bar cable rows-8,6,6,4
    Superset
    Wide grip cable rows-8,6,6,4
    Lat pull-down-8,6,6,4
    ISO Lat row-4x8

Power lifts
    Back Squat-15,10,8,10,15
    Back Squat-3x3
    Deadlift-3,3,3,1,1
    Deadlift-4x8

Shoulders
    Military press-3x8
    Arnold press-12,10,8
    DB side raises-3x8
    DB front raises-3x8
    Up right rows-3x8
    Seated Reverse flyes-3x12

Arms
    Close grip bench-3x6
    Skull crushers-3x8
    V-bar Tri pull down-3x8
    Straight bar tri pull down-3x8
    Single handle tricep ext-3x20
    Straight bar curls-12,10,8,max
    Preacher EZ curls-12,10,8,max
    Seated incline curls-12,10,8,max

Legs
    Back squats-12,10,8
    Front Squats-12,10,8
    Hack squats-3x10
    Weighted Lunges-3x8
    Leg ext -SS- Leg curls-3x8
    Seated calf raises-3x15

Rest/Cardio

Weighted ab workout twice a week
    Cardio ab workout twice a week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vince's Log

Just got back from the grocery store, picked up 4 lbs of chicken breast and 2.5 lbs of talapia. I'll cook that up after I get back from the gym. Back and triceps today and no distractions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will work for you, will not necessarily work for me, and vice verse, and what will work for let's say Ryan, will not work for Burly.
    We all pretty much have come to understand the surface of what goes well with our bodies and what doesn't.

If I were to put myself in your shoes (Again stating things from the viewpoint of how I know my body) and had to follow the routine you posted. I, VayneZ, would for example in chest day would:
    1) Remove Flat Bench
    2) Remove seated Incline cable fly's

The rest I will leave as it is. I can work with that . Then leave the remaining time for Calves.
    Next week I would do Flat Bench, Seated Incline cable fly's and maybe some overheads.

Again, this is an example of how I would do it. When I was on hormones even, I would not really change anything much, perhaps just one or two extra sets.

If you hit all your sets HARD (''Quality''), trust me you will be dead tired, even more tired than after you did many many ''Quantity''. And you'll grow! Especially after you eat those 4 lbs of chickenz and 2.5 Tilapzz!!!

Don't do the same mistake most of us did when we were young. Keep things simple, and listen to your body. And always remember that most of the articles you will read, will be from people who are completely different than you are. Some who have amazingly gifted genetics and are on testosterone all year round on top of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vince's Log

Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    What will work for you, will not necessarily work for me, and vice verse, and what will work for let's say Ryan, will not work for Burly.
    We all pretty much have come to understand the surface of what goes well with our bodies and what doesn't.

If I were to put myself in your shoes (Again stating things from the viewpoint of how I know my body) and had to follow the routine you posted. I, VayneZ, would for example in chest day would:
    1) Remove Flat Bench
    2) Remove seated Incline cable fly's

The rest I will leave as it is. I can work with that . Then leave the remaining time for Calves.
    Next week I would do Flat Bench, Seated Incline cable fly's and maybe some overheads.

Again, this is an example of how I would do it. When I was on hormones even, I would not really change anything much, perhaps just one or two extra sets.

If you hit all your sets HARD (''Quality''), trust me you will be dead tired, even more tired than after you did many many ''Quantity''. And you'll grow! Especially after you eat those 4 lbs of chickenz and 2.5 Tilapzz!!!

Don't do the same mistake most of us did when we were young. Keep things simple, and listen to your body. And always remember that most of the articles you will read, will be from people who are completely different than you are. Some who have amazingly gifted genetics and are on testosterone all year round on top of that.
    Great advice, thank you. I am burnt out by the time I get to my second exercise on every muscle group. I try to make every rep slow and controlled while also using a decent weight that will make me work. The reason I put the flat bench in there is for the buildup of testosterone. I read in multiple articles that doing heavy sets of compound exercises will give u that later boost of test throughout the workout. I did feel really good afterwards, whether it be mental or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vince's Log

Breakfast-5 whole eggs, 3 scrambled egg whites with cheese and mushroom, turkey links

Gym(10am)- did back and Triceps. Had a great workout. I had to cut myself off when I seen that I tried to do more for tri's lol. I am now able to do the whole rack on lat pull down fairly easily for 4-6 reps.

Weight-178
    Post workout shake-2scoops of hydrobolic whey, teaspoon of peanut butter, small handful of sliced almonds

I also did alotttt of reading about the keto diet this weekend

(Hour after my workout) 2 chicken breast cooked in peanut oil and crushed garlic + avocado + salad with a bit of salad vinegar + big scoop of cool whip and peanut butter

I heard that cool whip is a decent keto snack, any input?

About 2 hrs later I had the exact same meal minus the salad

I'm probably gonna hit the gym again in a little to do abs and some HIIT or crossfit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diet looks way better than before!! So today you basically went on ULC (ultra Low Carb).

I'm not so sure about cool whip being a good idea, since it's ratio's are higher for carbs than for fat and protein... at least the cool whip I'm familiar with. Peanut Butter, all natural is something I use a lot, since you get a higher amount of protein and especially FAT out of it, and less grams of carbs per serving. When I'm on ULC I try to get my carbs ONLY from sources that I HAVE to eat that has them (veggies, nuts, casein protein, etc). So it's usually about 20-30 grams of carbs on those days.

How many times a week do you plan on carbing up? And what are your sources gonna be for carbs?