User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trenbolone: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Trenbolone has a cult following in the world of size and strength. Those who love it will rarely cycle without it. Why is this? While each persons reasons may vary a bit, there are some common reasons. Fast recovery and healing, impressive strength increases, and growing while leaning out are the main reasons that come to mind.

On the recovery and healing... I believe there are multiple reasons for this. Obviously, like all anabolics, tren increases protein synthesis. However, it seems to do so at a rate that far exceeds many other AAS. Another reason is believed to be its influence on cortisol. Anyone who has had a cortisone shot plunged deep into an injury area knows quite well of the resultant inflammation reduction and apparent healing properties.

Strength increases on trenbolone rival those on anadrol or dbol... all without the extra bloat/water retention that generally assists in the strength.

Growing while losing fat is something that trenbolone is known for and can do quite well. Because of its high rate of protein synthesis, it preferentially takes what it needs from your intake and uses this for muscle growth. This can happen even when on restricted caloric intake. Even on a maintenance diet, fat loss can occur, as temperature and metabolism increase and lipolysis increases.

Sounds perfect, right?

Not for everyone.

Loss of erectile function can occur with many male athletes using trenbolone. It is well documented enough that it even garnered a name: Tren Dick.

"Tren Gyno" can occur. This is often far more difficult to control than gyno from other aromatizing AAS. Much conjecture has been made of why this is so. I won't go through all the theories of why in this writing. Some cannot tolerate even small doses of tren before gyno becomes an issue. Others can tolerate high dosages with no gyno troubles at all. The worst thing is you don't know which category you are in until you use the compound.

Erratic sleep is a potential side effect. This could manifest itself as insomnia or an inability to sleep through the night. Lack of sleep may or may not be detrimental to your physique goals if you are reaping the benefits of the increase protein utilization, but over time this lack of sleep can affect both the body and the mind.

The night sweats on trenbolone can be impressive. There are a couple theories regarding the reasons of this, but I won't get into that here. Just know that you may be changing sheets more often.

Mood changes... this is highly individualistic, but it can happen to even the most stable individuals. This could be a change toward irritability or anger. One of the most important things is the awareness you might be amplified emotionally. This assists one in readjusting their demeanor appropriately.

Lots more can be written about tren, but these are some of the things to be aware of.

Feel free to add to this discussion.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 09-26-2013 at 12:25 AM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trenbolone: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I've gotten the night sweats - big time. Sometimes sleep is problematic, but that seems to be more a function of evening workouts - although it's worse when I've been worshipping the Tren God. On 2 tren runs, I've never had any libido or gyno problems - but i'm on trt, so I've always got a solid test base. Emotionally, i've noticed some squirellyness, but only when i'm coming off and then for up to a couple weeks; even then it's been mild compared to what i experienced on non AAS tren precursors, particularly the old PP product. Lots of aggression while on, but i'm very practiced at channelling aggression keeping and leaving it in the gym (or wherever else it's been called for).

On the plus side, everything that Burly said, especially re the regenerative effects and the capacity for significant lean gains even while aggressively cutting. The only thing i would add is to note the knock-on effect. I stopped the latest run three weeks ago, but am still seeing daily strength and size gains - eg., chest up 3 cm in three weeks.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, tren is now about as close as one is going to get to Ponce de Leon's dream - at least until the evidence is in on peptides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by Sperwer; 09-26-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that lowers side effects of tren is to run a low dose of test with it instead of a normal cycle dose.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    One thing that lowers side effects of tren is to run a low dose of test with it instead of a normal cycle dose.
    ^Agreed.

I seem to react oddly to tren in comparison to many. Doesn't stop it from being my favorite hormones, easily.

1. I can't gain size on it. Eating heavy, added orals, etc.. I tend to maintain weight on tren and just keep leaning out. Not a bad thing per se, but just a note.
    2. I get night sweats randomly, and carbs pre-bed increase the likely hood. I can go 2 weeks with no sweat, and then one day wake up in a fucking disgusting pool. Doesn't bother me personally, but someone else in the bed tends to be grossed out.
    3. Sleep is all over the place. Sometimes it is awesome, 2 hours of sleep, wake up wide awake. Other times, I am a fucking mess. Up until 3 when I have to be up at 5, and dragging ass throughout the day because the sleep pattern is continuous.
    4. I feel flat on tren/mast. It happens, and really I tend to blame the mast, but who knows. Either way, I generally like to play with test or an oral to keep me feeling fuller.
    5. Strenght gain has never blown me away, but I dont train for it, so that may be the cause, and it doesnt bother me.
    6. I don't have any dream issues.
    7. I dont have behavior issues.
    8. It has a strong negative impact on my libido, even with Mast and test, or just mast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Trenbolone: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I can relate to some of the above. As far as a size builder, I would call it slower and more quality gains in comparison to other compounds considered as bulkers. It doesn't use carbs and glycogen to "fill up" the muscles like some compounds do. Those gains typically only last while using the compound and then the intracellular water weight begins to shed. I find more permanency in tren gains even if they are less dramatic.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    ^Agreed.

I seem to react oddly to tren in comparison to many. Doesn't stop it from being my favorite hormones, easily.

1. I can't gain size on it. Eating heavy, added orals, etc.. I tend to maintain weight on tren and just keep leaning out. Not a bad thing per se, but just a note.
    2. I get night sweats randomly, and carbs pre-bed increase the likely hood. I can go 2 weeks with no sweat, and then one day wake up in a fucking disgusting pool. Doesn't bother me personally, but someone else in the bed tends to be grossed out.
    3. Sleep is all over the place. Sometimes it is awesome, 2 hours of sleep, wake up wide awake. Other times, I am a fucking mess. Up until 3 when I have to be up at 5, and dragging ass throughout the day because the sleep pattern is continuous.
    4. I feel flat on tren/mast. It happens, and really I tend to blame the mast, but who knows. Either way, I generally like to play with test or an oral to keep me feeling fuller.
    5. Strenght gain has never blown me away, but I dont train for it, so that may be the cause, and it doesnt bother me.
    6. I don't have any dream issues.
    7. I dont have behavior issues.
    8. It has a strong negative impact on my libido, even with Mast and test, or just mast.
    I agree with 3, 6, and 7. I wasn't training for size and I was hoping for strength gains, but I didn't get either one. What I did notice, though, is a very noticeable recomp effect. If you eat clean on tren, then it's pretty damn hard to not lean up.

As far as size gains go, I found NPP to be superior in this department and it comes without the sleep issues.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I agree with 3, 6, and 7. I wasn't training for size and I was hoping for strength gains, but I didn't get either one. What I did notice, though, is a very noticeable recomp effect. If you eat clean on tren, then it's pretty damn hard to not lean up.

As far as size gains go, I found NPP to be superior in this department and it comes without the sleep issues.
    Interesting.... two of you without strength gains. I honestly thought strength gains were universal on tren. Everyone I ever trained with exploded in strength. Ok then... one more variance on how it affects individuals goes up on the board.

On the sleep issue, I require less sleep while on tren. In the old days, I would get by on 3-4 hours every night and still felt pretty good. These days, I sleep more. And your right... there are some nights that sleep just doesn't go well. It is a rarity for me, though.

Interesting about NPP. I've never used it.However, my time with DECA has shown it to be a good size builder overall while feeling as though I'm not on anything at all. Except for the good parts... joints feel better, pumps in the gym are great, and I grow a bit, even on relatively minimal amounts.

One thing that another regular tren user has expressed to me was that he felt some muscle groups tended to grow more readily while on tren. Specifically, the lats/traps. This is difficult for me to judge, because my back grows better than everything else even when unassisted. Anyone notice this? I remember reading Jack's log with TZ and saying his bench press was stagnant, but his rows were increasing weekly.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 09-26-2013 at 07:21 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Trauma1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a love/hate relationship with tren. I think it's a fantastic compound, but the side effects often make it borderline miserable as the cycle chugs along. Personally, i'd rather run 1-Test Cyp (if you can find it) all day long. Milder tren-like effects from the compound, without the undesirable side effects. In particular, the lack of sleep gets old real quick. I don't do good with a terrible sleep pattern for any sustained length of time; especially when it's a "Mr. Mom" day with the kids, haha.

Hope everyone is doing well.

-John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with tren. I think it's a fantastic compound, but the side effects often make it borderline miserable as the cycle chugs along. Personally, i'd rather run 1-Test Cyp (if you can find it) all day long. Milder tren-like effects from the compound, without the undesirable side effects. In particular, the lack of sleep gets old real quick. I don't do good with a terrible sleep pattern for any sustained length of time; especially when it's a "Mr. Mom" day with the kids, haha.

Hope everyone is doing well.

-John
    Glad to see you pipe in on this, bud. I think some of those side effects you are talking about will go hand in hand with dosage. I've never exceeded 200mg/wk and pretty much run without any bothersome sides.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Trauma1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Glad to see you pipe in on this, bud. I think some of those side effects you are talking about will go hand in hand with dosage. I've never exceeded 200mg/wk and pretty much run without any bothersome sides.
    I agree; definitely dose dependent. Anything over 350-400mg/week with me and it starts to become more misery than beneficial with both my body and psyche. If I had a choice though I would run 1-Test Cyp in tren's place from now on. I never had any insomnia issues with it; where with tren it's a gamble what kind of sleep you'll get that night. I just can't tolerate the persistent "dragging ass" feeling from not sleeping. That just doesn't translate well with either my job or family time.

I just realized it's been a while since I've stopped in. How goes it brother? How's the site doing?

-John