Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Bicep tendinitis

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    Sounds like I'll be picking up a few bottle this weekend at the Tractor Supply store in my home town.
    It didn't even dawn on me to go to a feed store... I would've liked some relief a few days ago.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    It didn't even dawn on me to go to a feed store... I would've liked some relief a few days ago.
    Wes was the one who told me thats where he purchased it first.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention that when used on animals I remember my gramps and uncle would apply it to the joints/muscles and then wrap it in cling wrap and ace bandage. Think it keeps the heat in and might enhance its effects.
    I'll be picking some up this week and damn I wish I would of though/remembered out about this when my shoulders and knees started giving my problems.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a bottle of the gel today, applied generously to my legs and my right pec, delts and bicep. This stuff is great and my sinuses have never been clearer. Its like a cross between icy hot and tiger balm.

Thanks again wes.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I broke down and went to Walmart to get some pain relieving creme... I found absorbine Jr, so I picked it up and trued it when I got home... wow, that stuff is a bit "spicy"... it makes my eyes water! One feature I like is the fast absorption and no greasy residue. While it gave a "cool mint" feel to the area, It didn't seem to lessen my pain any, which is disappointing. I'll try it again, though, and double check the results.

While I was at the store, I also picked up a couple other pain relief ointments and figured that I would try them out and review them here.

One contains turpentine oil as the main ingredient.

Another contains trolamine salicylate ( same as Aspercreme).

The last one has menthol and methyl salicylate.

Reviews coming shortly.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 10-02-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I broke down and went to Walmart to get some pain relieving creme... I found absorbine Jr, so I picked it up and trued it when I got home... wow, that stuff is a bit "spicy"... it makes my eyes water! One feature I like is the fast absorption and no greasy residue. While it gave a "cool mint" feel to the area, It didn't seem to lessen my pain any, which is disappointing. I'll try it again, though, and double check the results.

While I was at the store, I also picked up a couple other pain relief ointments and figured that I would try them out and review them here.

One contains turpentine oil as the main ingredient.

Another contains trolamine salicylate ( same as Aspercreme).

The last one has menthol and methyl salicylate.

Reviews coming shortly.
    Any updates on this??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Any updates on this??
    OK... I haven't tried the one with menthol and methyl salicylate, so I can't comment there.

The absorbine, as described before, gives a fast absorbing cooling sensation. I love the fast absorption, and the cooling effect lasts a long time. My experience however has not been one of noticeable pain relief.

The trolamine salicylate seems provide very minor relief. It neither cools nor warms. The creme doesn't absorb 100%, leaving a oily residue. No odor, either good or bad.

Turpentine oil reminds me of pine oil or tea tree oil. It has a piney scent, but its not overwhelming. The oil soaks in pretty well and leaves a minor oily residue. There is neither a cooling nor a.warming effect. Though not dramatic, this product did seems to alleviate some of the inflammation.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 10-05-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be checking out a feed store today and see what I kind find and if the prices are close to amazon/online I'll grab some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    I'll be checking out a feed store today and see what I kind find and if the prices are close to amazon/online I'll grab some.
    FYI, Walmart sold the Absorbine for under $5 for 4 ounces. I've probably only used an ounce so far.