User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    FYI, Walmart sold the Absorbine for under $5 for 4 ounces. I've probably only used an ounce so far.
    Yeah I saw that while searching for prices.
    My buddy works at a feed store so I'm hoping to hooked up. Lol
    I also need to call my uncle and ask him what that balm I remember as a kid is called, but I'm not sure if it'll fully absorb like the ansorbine does because it was more of a Vaseline type deal.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Bicep tendinitis

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Yeah I saw that while searching for prices.
    My buddy works at a feed store so I'm hoping to hooked up. Lol
    I also need to call my uncle and ask him what that balm I remember as a kid is called, but I'm not sure if it'll fully absorb like the ansorbine does because it was more of a Vaseline type deal.
    Bag Balm, probably. Good for scrapes and cuts, but not for strains and pain.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bag Balm, probably. Good for scrapes and cuts, but not for strains and pain.
    Could be but I remember them useing something for aches and pains.
    It might end up being 2 different things since its been about 20yrs ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked some Absorbine today will start using tomorrow when I'm home.
    Local feed store had 12oz for 12.5X out the door. My buddy at the feed store said he's used it and knows of several others that use and see/feel a difference with Absorbine. He also said that DMSO stuff burns pretty good but I didn't pick any up. Might go back and get it and even try a mixture of the 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK... my absorbine VET liniment came in yesterday... same % of menthol, but different delivery system (alcohol instead of acetone) and ancillary oils (spearmint vs wormwood)

Its effect is similar, but slightly different. I felt extra "cooling" on this over the other formula. I'm guessing that's the spearmint oil. Both seem to last for hours. Pain reduction? I am not sure the cooling effect reduces pain and inflammation. It does distract from it, though.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK... my absorbine VET liniment came in yesterday... same % of menthol, but different delivery system (alcohol instead of acetone) and ancillary oils (spearmint vs wormwood)

Its effect is similar, but slightly different. I felt extra "cooling" on this over the other formula. I'm guessing that's the spearmint oil. Both seem to last for hours. Pain reduction? I am not sure the cooling effect reduces pain and inflammation. It does distract from it, though.
    I also tried it out last night to, and the cooling effect is strong almost so cool its HOT.
    I'll be applying it pre workout to see if it makes any difference while lifting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok tried it out pre workout earlier today and it seems like it kept my shoulder warmer/ free during my workout.
    I warmed up with battle ropes and battle jump rope then I was able to get threw pull ups, chins, deads, squats and DB presses without much pain at all. Now don't get me wrong I still felt some pain but I also think I had more rom without pain.
    I'm about to reapply it to my shoulders and going to try it on my lower back too.
    I'll keep useing it and report back after I've tried it out more.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jack O'Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Horse linament.

Absorbine Jr Horse linament vet, used for horses legs for muscle aches and arthritis.

I use this on any tendonitis with exceptional results. Works better then any topical solution, even blows away DMSO for relief.

I pop 4-6oomgs of ibuprofen 1 hour before my workout and massage this gel in. Its not oily and it takes a dime sized amount to get relief. It doesnt have the menthol effect of hot and cold..nothing better that I have ever used. It's what the guys in Worlds Strongest man and in Strongman in general use.

Can't say enough for it. Massage it in and it also helps healing of injuries as well.

Amazon.com: Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel (TWO 12-oz squeeze bottle): Sports Outdoors
    Tanks for the info Wes. I just bought and hope it will help me for my tendinitis
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just following up on this.... I've used all the concoctions I mentioned above and when my tendinitis is flared up, nothing seems to help except for not using my arm.

I will say though, that when it is feeling only minorly irritated that the menthol-based absorbine and its tingly feel seems make me forget about the pain.

In the most painful times, I have found DMSO used every other day to avoid skin irritation was better at, but not entirely effective at pain relief.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jack O'Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received it today and tested it before workout. It's really great and quickly efficient.

But.....this is normally for horses! !!!
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1