User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Annual Swole Source Contest !!! - Rules and Details

Ok, it's time we get this started! I will move this thread into a contest section once the section has been added.

In order to keep things organized, I will make a thread for each contest division. This will make voting easier, because everyone in the aesthetics contest can be viewed together, etc.

You can enter as many of the contests as you wish, except for the weight classes, where only one will apply to you.

We will start this week and have open enrollment in this contest since it is a long one. This allows people just joining the site to enter even if the contest has been underway for 3 months already. Of course, the advantage usually goes to the individuals who have had more time to train. The contest will end the week of April 19.

The contest divisions are as follows:

Aesthetics
    Mass
    Strength, under 200 lbs
    Strength, over 200 lbs

Rules for the Aesthetics contest:

Enter the appropriate "Aesthetics Contest Thread" and post your "starting" picture. At the end of the contest period, go back to your original post and add in an "after" picture. Add in details of before/after bodyweight, and if you are so inclined you may add in bodyfat measurements for the before and after photos. Voting will be done by all of you at the end of the contest. In order to keep the contest threads clean and uncluttered, do not post comments to other people in this thread. Those comments will be deleted. We will have a discussion thread separately for each contest where you can chat as much as you like. You may post additional pictures during the contest if you wish, to show progress along the way.

Rules for the Mass contest:

Enter the appropriate "Mass Contest Thread" and post your "starting" picture. At the end of the contest period, go back to your original post and add in an "after" picture. Add in details of before/after bodyweight, and if you are so inclined you may add in bodyfat measurements or bodypart measurements for the before and after photos. Voting will be done by all of you at the end of the contest. In order to keep the contest threads clean and uncluttered, do not post comments to other people in this thread. Those comments will be deleted. We will have a discussion thread separately for each contest where you can chat as much as you like. You may post additional pictures during the contest if you wish, to show progress along the way.

Rules for the Strength contest:

Enter the appropriate "Strength Contest Thread- Under 200" or "Strength Contest Thread - Over 200" and post video of your 1 rep max in the squat, bench press, and deadlift. At the end of the contest period, go back to your original post and add in video of your 1 rep max in all three lifts. Add in details of before/after bodyweight, as changing bodyweight may affect what class you ultimately end up in. Voting will be done by two or more judges until a consensus is reached. There are two ways to win in the strength contest. First, end up with the highest "total" of the 3 lifts, just as in a powerlifting contest. Second, be the person who has improved the most, percentage-wise.

In order to keep the contest threads clean and uncluttered, do not post comments to other people in this thread. Those comments will be deleted. We will have a discussion thread separately for each contest where you can chat as much as you like. You may post video of your lifts throughout the contest, if you wish. You do not have to wait until the end.

Please direct any questions to the "SwoleSource Contest Questions" thread rather than posting in a contest entrance thread.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 10-04-2013 at 06:48 AM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the time and effort Burly!!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Thanks for the time and effort Burly!!
    X2
    These comps should be fun and get some action going on.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm super amped, i hope a bunch of new guys get in on this.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im in, Im injured pretty good and dont know how I will do but it will give me something to work for and keep me somewhat focused.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In. This will be a great way to get ready the next season's local BB contests, which start in May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: First Annual Swole Source Contest !!! - Rules and Details

Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    i'm super amped, i hope a bunch of new guys get in on this.
    I hope so too. Lurkers, come join us in the contest!
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 vince's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has there been a time frame established yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: First Annual Swole Source Contest !!! - Rules and Details

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Has there been a time frame established yet?
    Read the 4th paragraph.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 vince's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Read the 4th paragraph.
    Oh wow my fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free