User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've gone on bacon binges before and never felt healthy after, heart was always pounding...

maybe that's the nitrates.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    i would swap the bacon for lean beef. bacon fat is a bad source of fat for your high fat diet imo... i would lean towards fat from other meats and/or nuts and seeds. unless you are truly zero carb haha. then i would go for some grass fed beef fat.

i have some weird stuff with my immune system too.

jel, why do i have low neutrophils and high lymphs consistently over 4 blood tests? only was sick one of the 4... still results are always the same. same with my high BUN, and slightly elevated liver enzymes.

never checked lipids yet...

- - - Updated - - -

SORRY HIJACKED
    Most common reason is virus, which seems you had... Maybe you did not fully recover, I think overtraining can add to woes as well. Other possibilities is some kind of medication which can also cause elevated liver enzymes. Or it could be combination of these. If again you get bad results than I would check for lymphoma or leukemia, just to be on safe side.
    personally, I've noticed that from heavy training I have all sorts of irregularities- it always looks as I'm ill and my kidneys are going to fail any minute...

Scope, for high fat diet you need to add more selenium to diet- it will also help your thyroid which is responsible for fat metabolism. After month or two on selenium optionaly you may add some iodine.
    Actually, this is common protocol:
    1. Preload selenium for couple of weeks up to 400 mcg
    2. Add iodine* (lugol has a good reputation and iodoral is not bad) not sure about max dosage, I would keep it at lower
    3.Add l-tyrosine (mind you that l-tyrosine can convert to dopamine and also norepinephrine, and if it goes too much to norepinephrine person may feel jittery, restless) 1-2 grams
    4. Also add Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate) 100mcg
    5. Some say its good to add Tryptophan (up to 2gr)- at night to "calm down" if there are issues from l-tyrosine
    Last edited by Jelisej; 10-18-2013 at 06:47 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the results are nearly identical months apart. However I only have gotten bloods drawn after leg day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That may be reason, I think, exercise does cause an inflammation and on top of that most of us have one-or-two ongoing issues... In future take day off exercise before blood tests and see what happens, if its not better- than definitely needs to be investigated further as it may be something more sinister, and even if not- any infection/inflammation left untreated for too long can cause number of issues in future...
    Last edited by Jelisej; 10-18-2013 at 07:21 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going in tomorrow morning for blood work and wanted to ask if doing my morning fasted cardio should be skipped or could I do the cardio without effecting my results.
    Won't kill me to skip the cardio but if I can I'd like to do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better to skip it, personally I noticed that even exercise day before blood test can affects results, in some areas a lot- like BUN/creatinine, sometimes shows protein in urine etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Better to skip it, personally I noticed that even exercise day before blood test can affects results, in some areas a lot- like BUN/creatinine, sometimes shows protein in urine etc...
    Well I'll just do my evening cardio (very light 3mph@12% incline) and skip lifting tonight and my am cardio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Test Results......

Current blood work...

5 days depleted and I've been on IML's Epi Andro RX for 4 weeks when I went in for these.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 somm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that your LH is low, but does that mean you are "shut down"? I've never had blood work done so not sure how to read it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somm View Post
    I see that your LH is low, but does that mean you are "shut down"? I've never had blood work done so not sure how to read it.
    I've been on Epi Andro RX for 4 weeks so I'd guess I was slowly getting shutdown but now with the Trest in there I'll be completely shutdown.
    Probably start HCG this evening since I just picked up some alcohol swabs that I've been forgetting about for the past few weeks.

Not much on reading bloods either so hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.