User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't have to add any extra BA or BB, numerous others got it working with the 3/10 percents.

How long did you heat it for, and how hot/warm did you get it? It really sounds odd that it would stay cloudy. Worst case, letting it sit for a little bit could help dissolve the trest.

On the note of it getting clogged in the whatman filter, where did you get your powder from? Trest is gaining popularity and being counter fitted in some places.

I personally haven't brewed any trest, I have done other powders, so the process is the same. I do plan on picking up some trest here soon. I'd make up a quick vial of it just to see how it goes.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 booklifter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    How long did you heat it for, and how hot/warm did you get it?
    I need to time more precisely next time (hadn't had this sort of problem with test and eyeballing the solution so I got lazy). It spent several minutes with bubbles in the surrounding water but never to the point of boiling the oil inside. Stove stayed on low to low-med heat. I didn't use a thermometer because I couldn't find a melting point for trest (found boiling point though). Initially (based on some non-ss posts about home brew), I thought more heat would help dissolve it, but as I was cleaning and noticed some sticky brown goo I'm now thinking that's a sign I burned the only ingredient that matters.

It really sounds odd that it would stay cloudy. Worst case, letting it sit for a little bit could help dissolve the trest.
    As long as there aren't visible clumps or significant swirls, since this is all pre-filter, should I care at all whether it's cloudy? With test the clarity was my clue that it had been in long enough but perhaps that was some coincidence / bad habit I managed to train myself into.

On the note of it getting clogged in the whatman filter, where did you get your powder from? Trest is gaining popularity and being counter fitted in some places.
    It's r-p via PHF (citing source because for now it's completely legal). In the past I've had doubts about phf but recently h2s lent his credibility to both the company and this particular product so for now I'm still assuming user error(s) and hoping to eventually give a fair assessment (and, you know, buy a few kilos if it works as advertised). There was a surprising mix of relatively large globs (e.g. a dozen rolling around on top) and settled caked powder (below) in the mini-jars as well as a visible mix of white powder (background) and brown spots (sparse). This appears consistent across multiple 1g jars.

I personally haven't brewed any trest, I have done other powders, so the process is the same. I do plan on picking up some trest here soon. I'd make up a quick vial of it just to see how it goes.
    I was wondering if I should change up some other things like starting with just the BB, then adding the powder (optionally with part of the BA), swirling, and only then adding the oil, followed by heating (rather than adding the powder to oil+bb and heating, with BA added last). Or heating in shorter pulses (but I'd still need to know how hot for how long) - I'm concerned if I heat in pulses as some posts suggest I'll just burn the bottom without giving enough time for it to diffuse throughout.

(incidentally, yes, I aced every biology class and failed every chemistry class)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything sounds good, I'd try heating it differently though.

I like to heat up water on the stove, then pour it into a second bowl and place the container with the solution in that. Putting the container directly into a pot with water on the stove can be tricky because there are hot spots on the bottom of the pot. Like you said, you may have burnt it.

As far as being cloudy, I would make tren, but it would be cloudy while dissolving. Letting it sit for a few hours would make it clear up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I like to heat up water on the stove, then pour it into a second bowl and place the container with the solution in that. Putting the container directly into a pot with water on the stove can be tricky because there are hot spots on the bottom of the pot. Like you said, you may have burnt it.
    Before transferring the water to the second bowl, is it at a vigorous boil or just simmering? How long do you keep the beaker in the second bowl? Do you ever reheat the water, retransfer it, and place the beaker in again, or is the first N seconds/minutes always enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, there really isn't a solid method to it. Which is ironic considering how specific the measurements of everything else is, lol.

I don't let the water get to a boil, maybe just before it... somewhere around 200F. I only need the one round of hot water to mix everything. I did 4 grams of tren with just one pass in hot water. I let it sit in it for a few minutes, while stirring, then let it rest for another 10 - 15 minutes before pulling it out and giving it another quick stirring.

But, I do run it through another quick hot water bath before running it through the Whatman filter, simply to make it easier to flow through.

Do take all of this as theory with trest, like I said I've yet to try the trest powder myself. I'll probably make a small order this week, so hopefully I'll be able to try it soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, well, I did another vial with the second-bowl heating method and am letting it sit for a few hours but so far it seems like the trest (or whatever) still insists on sticking to the bottom of the beaker. Doesn't even move when swirled, which makes me doubt how much it'll dissolve in three hours (but I'll let you know if it does)

On a related note, as long as it's legal, why would it be so frequently counterfeit? Why wouldn't some above-board (or at least reliable) manufacturer make a ton of the real thing with economies of scale and sell it at whatever inflated price they want to as many distributors as they can find? Once the reputation spread it would still out-sell half-price counterfeit stuff. People have grown accustomed to trying a dozen different suppliers in small quantities with stuff like tren because everybody's trying to stay under the radar, and suppliers get away with selling flour because they just sell a trial amount to a thousand customers in less time than it takes for one to test it, without caring about repeat business (or lawsuits). The same dynamics don't apply to trest, right?

Granted, they couldn't market it with medical claims, but they wouldn't need to.
    Last edited by booklifter; 12-08-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a pretty detailed thread on another forum talking about the process of brewing all these new powders, im gonna try to find it. Im gonna brew up some stuff soon but im afraid I mess up somehow
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is very interesting that it is just building up at the bottom, I really don't know what to tell you. The only thing I can suggest is maybe doing multiple heating and cooling cycles to see if it breaks up.
    I started digging more and I've found multiple posts on other fourms about brewing it.
    BA is usually 2-3%
    BB is between 10-20%
    brewing ratio is either 50mg/mL or 100mg/mL

Its possible that brewing at 50mg/mL will be easier, and more BB (20%) could help... or both.

That being said, 10% BB at 100mg/mL has been done, so I'm still in the fog about what is going on.

3/10 at 100mg/mL (10mL):
    0.3 mL BA
    1 mL BB
    1g MENT powder
    7.85mL GSO

2/20 at 100mg/mL (10mL):
    .2 mL BA
    2 mL BB
    1g MENT powder
    6.95mL GSO

2/20 at 50mg/mL (20mL):
    .4mL BA
    2 mL BB
    1g MENT powder
    16.75mL GSO

Any other ratio should be easy to calculate, just keep in mind that 1g MENT dissolves into only 0.85 mL for its volume.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been getting 1T cyp, which is notorious for crashin, to hold at 3/15. One thing that I highly recommend is to keep it on low heat for about 45 mins after its in solution in the beaker and then bake at 250 for 30-35 mins after filtered.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I've been getting 1T cyp, which is notorious for crashin, to hold at 3/15. One thing that I highly recommend is to keep it on low heat for about 45 mins after its in solution in the beaker and then bake at 250 for 30-35 mins after filtered.
    I would totally do this, if I could ever get it into solution in the first place. I'm wondering if it's anything I can fix with a different stirring utensil (currently using thin glass rod), but also doubting it should matter as some guys report success only swirling.