User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 booklifter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is getting ridiculous and damned near superstitious, but since it's still cheaper than wasting more powder: what brands/sources are people using for their GSO, BB, and BA?
    I've never had a problem in the past with now brand 100% pure food-grade GSO (not filtered but I don't care since I'm filtering the final product) or the BB/BA from medlabsupply, and the beakers are boro3.3...

Also, I've thought about trying EO, but I'm reluctant because I haven't used it before (apparently some people react badly to it, for others it's great) and as Cobalt has already pointed out, nobody else seems to need it...

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the same sources as you for my GSO, BA and BB.

I'd avoid EO and stick to GSO. EO just has the ability to carry more mg of hormones per mL than GSO, but I've read some ugly stuff about it.

Going to be placing an order today, I'll keep you updated.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by booklifter View Post
    I would totally do this, if I could ever get it into solution in the first place. I'm wondering if it's anything I can fix with a different stirring utensil (currently using thin glass rod), but also doubting it should matter as some guys report success only swirling.
    What heat do you get the oil to before you add the powder?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What heat do you get the oil to before you add the powder?
    My most recent experiment I got oil+bb to 300F (measured using quality instant-read meat thermometer) using oven at 350 for a good long while instead of double-boiler (less surrounding moisture if it matters at all) then added powder and then ba and stirred with the thermometer (instead of my glass rods) which read half that temp after mixing in the ba (and being out/stirred for a bit). I decided not to rebake it after mixing in the powder (but if it crashes I can revisit that). I went 2/20 at 50mg/ml to be conservative.

Before that using some spare oil and bb and the sad leftovers stuck to my beaker (this was to experiment, not inject), I took it up to about 400 and saw what _really_ burned looked like (instead of gooey crystal at the bottom it was floating dark brown particles). Cleaned that garbage out and did the above, comfortable that I'd found the limit and backed off a bit.

It was still somewhat particulate and some, but not as much as previous attempts, stuck to the beaker, but I back-loaded and filtered it while still more warm than before (which obviously made that process easier). We'll see if injecting a high volume (say, 3ml) of this weak solution has any effect (keeping in mind that mixing issues aside, I'm still trying to verify if the powder is legit, if it's fully 'dosed' versus filled, and if the compound has the desired effect for me [can't imagine why not, but like any new cycle...]). I wouldn't normally dose it over 50mg/day but very briefly I'd like some side effects to tell me this is real and at least some of it is in the oil
    Last edited by booklifter; 12-10-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the proportions
    Ex Scientia Virtus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just found a phf thread from a couple months back with a lot of folks who ran into similar issues with miscellaneous something out of solution. Apparently after the first batch ordered by phf, the supplier's price went up and quality went down. Based on word of mouth about tests reportedly performed by PA (not dissing the senior forum members/BA, just acknowledging that I don't have personal knowledge of the test and don't personally know 'BA' or PA), he confirmed a significant but small amount of foreign matter, but still mostly trest.

So we'll see - if I do well with OD-ing the current solution I'll just compensate in the recipes and keep at it. Also, that same thread PHF mentioned the possibility of both a new batch of trest ace (not sure if my recent order was the end of the last batch or beginning of the 'new' considering the post was from September), and possibly a first batch of trest cyp. If the trest cyp comes in and tests well I will just sell my car and buy that instead.
    Ex Scientia Virtus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality info BL.
    Placed an order yesterday for a couple grams of Trest and some brewing equipment.

It'll be here by the weekend, so I'll jump on it and give it a shot when I get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Quality info BL.
    Placed an order yesterday for a couple grams of Trest and some brewing equipment.

It'll be here by the weekend, so I'll jump on it and give it a shot when I get it.
    Cool. By the way, one other thing I learned (but not until after my last experiment) is that whatever the foreign matter is, it makes a huge difference in the volume that can be processed per filter (bright side: that also means the filter is excluding said mystery meat). While I just noticed it was surprisingly difficult, people (including blueboogie) who previously brewed some of the first batch successfully (and thus could truly compare) required as many as 5x as many filters per batch. So, make sure you have some extra filters (though I expect two is enough for that batch).
    Ex Scientia Virtus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I got my brewing stuff, but looks like usps is either dicking around or lost my package with the trest powder. Its been 4 days since it shipped out and still isn't here. It normally takes 1 or 2 days from PHF.
    Fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Filed a report with USPS for my packing being lost this past Saturday. Never heard back, but tracking number showed the package magically showed up at my local post office yesterday (Sunday) and it is out for delivery today. I'll have a chance to attempt brewing tomorrow, so hopefully next time I post here, it'll be with my results.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been following along did either of you guys get it to turn out?