User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have all my stuff, and I was about to start... only to realize my GSO went missing...
    I'll pick some up over the weekend and give it a shot soon, expect something early next week.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the chance to get things going.

Decided to try the 3/10 ratio at 100mg/mL:
    0.3 mL BA
    1 mL BB
    1g MENT powder
    7.85mL* of GSO
    *Based on 1g = 0.85mL displacement

Except, I did double that. Just wanted more stuff in the vials at once for brewing. So the end result is still 100mg/mL at 3/10% but I'm doing 20mL total.

Procedure:
    1. Bring shallow pot of water to a boil. Remove from heat.
    2. Place GSO in glass vial (beaker, jar, whatever) and place unsealed and not submerged in water. Deep enough to get the GSO heated. Also, I did more GSO than needed, simply because its cheap and I was going to pull the required volume from the heated vial. So, roughly 50mL or so.
    3. While GSO is warming, place Trest powder, BA and BB in another glass container. Swirl around as best you can. This container is for the mixing.
    4. Once GSO is warm/hot (after 5 minutes or so), draw out necessary volume and add it to the Trest/BA/BB solution. Discard remaining GSO from hot water.
    5. Swirl/lightly shake new solution to dissolve as much Trest as possible. Place glass container of Trest/BA/BB/GSO in hot water. If needed, water can be reheated, WITHOUT GLASS VIAL IN WATER. You don't want to heat the water with the glass container in it. There is no need to get the solution too hot.

To be continued...

After doing the above, you can still see some undissolved bits that settle to the bottom. So far, about 85-90% of the powder has dissolved, so I'm going to let it sit overnight and see how it did in the morning. I had the same issue when making Tren from Fina a couple years back. Everything dissolved overnight, so we'll see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We return...

After sitting overnight, most of the powder dissolved. Based on what was left over, it seems that over 95% dissolved, so on with the filtering!

6. After sitting overnight (about 8-10 hours) place glass vial in yet another hot bath of water to heat it back up.
    7. Using a large syringe, draw out 10mL. Place a .45 STERILE Whatman filter on the end of the syringe, followed by a 21-18 guage needle. Hold the syringe upright and slowly press out all of the excess air.
    8. Using a STERILE 10mL sealed vial, place a seperate 21-18ga needle in the top for venting. Using the syringe from the last step, insert the needle in the top of the vial, away from the venting needle (to avoid tearing).
    9. Inject the solution into the vial. There will be some resistance, even with an 18ga needle. Once the syringe is empty, unlock it from the Whatman and pull in 5+mL of air. Reattach the syringe and blow air through the Whatman to get out the rest of the solution. (The Whatman can hold nearly 1mL of solution!)
    10. ENJOY

Trest.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole method was pretty successful. I'm not sure why Booklifter had trouble, other than maybe getting it TOO hot, or not letting it sit long enough. There was certainly extra crap in the powder, but not too much. Here are a couple photos of both sides of the Whatman filter, post-filtering:

Trest Whatman 2.jpgTrest Whatman.jpg

Its pretty obvious which side is which. That is pretty dirty. I only had to use the one filter for both vials (20mL). I did use an non-sterile .45um filter to prefilter the GSO, just to get anything big out of it prior to mixing.

Since this was a success, I'll be brewing more in the future. If I can get more powder. I didn't do photos, simply because I wasn't sure if everything would work out. I'll order more powder sometime and do a more detailed guide with photos.

The only thing about the Trest powder is the quality. The first batch was supposed to be great (from PHF), but the second wasn't as pure. This run was from the second batch. PHF is currently sold out of the powder, and that was after dropping the price to a mere $25/gram. I question what is going on with the source they are using, but as far as my end result is concerned, it seems ok.

I do have another source that it trying to get stock in, so we'll see what happens.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work man! I hear people LOVE IM trest. I always was urious to brewing my own batches but def would want to actually SEE a detailed picture log of what to do.

Maybe I need to open up my own site. Nate'sgear.net lol
    (For legal purposes this is totes jk. I, nor anyone at SS condones the manufacturing of illegal substances. Section 3.7-140-8124, Article
    9 of the "Don't be a dumbass Clause")

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see it turned out. Thanks for posting up

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very helpful, cobalt! thanks!
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Established Member Feedback Score 0 booklifter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most of my issues stemmed from the foreign matter, how much I was making, and my overreaction to the garbage (not knowing how much trest was actually in solution). I finally got some on-trest test results back confirming that I'm shut down and my estradiol is astronomically high (no DDs yet but obviously I'm not going to let that continue, it was just a short-term experiment). So, either it's trest, or something close enough. I will say that even at my experimentally-high dosages the stuff doesn't seem as powerful as legend lead me to believe - legit, feels good, but I feel at 150 the way I should at 50. This could one or a combination of three things:
    1) Exaggerated reports and/or being a poor responder personally. Everybody's different.
    2) This batch of powder, though resembling/containing trest, isn't that good.
    3) Due to my method, the impurity, or both, not as much of the trest is in solution as I had in the recipe.

In any case, my next batch will be made slowly on my hot plate with magnetic stirrer and using more filters. Also, I tested myself with escalating dose injection of pure EO just to make sure I wouldn't have some acute reaction to it, so while GSO+BB should be just fine, I'm gonna do a small play batch with EO for kicks and giggles.

Hopefully by the time I use up what I've got (it'll be a while) and recover, there will be some trest C (or E) for sale. Sleep will probably be pretty difficult with the long ester (depending on timing I could tell the difference at high doses of trest A), but I might still prefer it.
    Ex Scientia Virtus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What ratio did you end up going with for the BA and BB?
    I'm also thinking that you may not have gotten enough trest into the final solution because all the reports that I've read have said that 100mg was really bad in terms of sides, 150mg would be insane.

You may just want to try letting it sit over night. Let the BA/BB do the dissolving instead of heating/mixing too much.

One thing that I forgot to add in my write up is that when I let it sit overnight, it was really cloudy in the morning when I checked on it. It really lightened up once I re-heated it for the filtering, and you can see how clear it got after the Whatman.

I do plan on starting a short cycle in January, probably within the first week. I need to get some more pins though, I think I have about 10 left, lol.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 12-26-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 booklifter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    What ratio did you end up going with for the BA and BB?
    Most recent was 2/20 for 50.

I'm also thinking that you may not have gotten enough trest into the final solution because all the reports that I've read have said that 100mg was really bad in terms of sides, 150mg would be insane.
    Insane is my middle name (as well as my clinical designation)

You may just want to try letting it sit over night. Let the BA/BB do the dissolving instead of heating/mixing too much.
    The plan for next time is closer to that. At least 8 hours, as much as 24, on low heat (but still warmer than if I just let it rest room temperature) and with the magnetic stirring going the entire time. Not less than 50C/120F or more than 80C/175F. Let me know if you think that's still too much heat. That much stirring should be almost entirely superfluous but I can't imagine it would hurt anything. I was thinking though that with this method I'd add the BA at the end because with even slight heat for that long, it'd be hard to guess about evaporation (I'd try to compensate and either end up with none or far too much)... Thoughts?
    Ex Scientia Virtus