Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brewing trest ace

Folks,

So I have never brewed anything in my life. Would anyone be so kind as to give me the run down on brewing 4g of trest ace into oil, let's sai 100mg/ml?

And I have access to a small home vacuum filtering kit.

Thanks!!
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.swolesource.com/forum/tra...ew-test-e.html

Same method, you just have to adjust the volumes to get to 100mg/mL
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    http://www.swolesource.com/forum/tra...ew-test-e.html

Same method, you just have to adjust the volumes to get to 100mg/mL
    no need for BB?

same amount of BA for trest?

thanks man!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would assume it has a different need for BA and potentially BB because acetate esters are less soluble in oil than enanthate esters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    no need for BB?

same amount of BA for trest?

thanks man!
    Whoops, I totally overlooked that.

I did a little digging and it seems that a 3% BA and 10% BB is fairly popular for ment brewing at 100mg/mL.

0.3 mL BA
    1 mL BB
    1g MENT powder
    7.85mL*** of Grape Seed Oil (or whatever you prefer)

*** 7.85 may NOT be the correct amount. I don't know the volume of 1g of MENT, but those number are based on 1g=0.85mL displacement, which seems to be fairly common.

This is for converting 1g of MENT into a 10mL injectable solution at a 100mg/mL ratio.

Let me know how it goes, I'm wanting to pick some up myself and makes some, just need to get the money and order it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops, I totally overlooked that.

I did a little digging and it seems that a 3% BA and 10% BB is fairly popular for ment brewing at 100mg/mL.

0.3 mL BA
    1 mL BB
    1g MENT powder
    7.85mL*** of Grape Seed Oil (or whatever you prefer)

*** 7.85 may NOT be the correct amount. I don't know the volume of 1g of MENT, but those number are based on 1g=0.85mL displacement, which seems to be fairly common.

This is for converting 1g of MENT into a 10mL injectable solution at a 100mg/mL ratio.

Let me know how it goes, I'm wanting to pick some up myself and makes some, just need to get the money and order it.
    thanks man!

from there, heat and filter and that's all?

again, thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    thanks man!

from there, heat and filter and that's all?

again, thank you!
    Yes, the basic way to do it is heat it up enough to get it all to mix really well then filter it. You'll want to filter directly into a sterile vial, because the filter is one of the last steps to remove stuff you don't want in there.

You said you had a home vacuum filter kit and I've never used those, so I'm not sure what to tell you about that. I've always used a syringe with a Whatman filter attached so I could filter directly into the sealed sterile vial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the basic way to do it is heat it up enough to get it all to mix really well then filter it. You'll want to filter directly into a sterile vial, because the filter is one of the last steps to remove stuff you don't want in there.

You said you had a home vacuum filter kit and I've never used those, so I'm not sure what to tell you about that. I've always used a syringe with a Whatman filter attached so I could filter directly into the sealed sterile vial.
    Yeah, I was wondering how to get it from the beaker I filter into to the vials.

I don't own the filter but have access to one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For low volume such as 4g like you are talking, I'd suggest getting a few Whatman filters (Filtration - Evolved Research Supply) from Evolved Research and use them between the syringe and needle to inject into a sterile vial.

You just take the vial, put a 'venting' needle in it to let out pressure, and use a syringe full of the mixed MENT with a Whatman and another needle to shoot into the sterile vial.
    You can use either .45 or .20 um filters, .45um is just fine for it.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 booklifter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone gotten this working yet? Despite (gradually) jacking up the BB to about double the above and adding some extra BA, I still couldn't get not-cloudy oil. Eventually I gave up heating and stirring and started filtering (figured if it was going to help it would have). It took forever (caulk gun didn't help btw, though now I have a bent caulk gun which suggests these must be top-notch syringes), and by the time I finally got most of the oil out, taking a look at the under-side of the filter (as well as if I apply extraordinary pressure while air 'washing' the last bit), it became apparent my filter was now just a gigantic trest pellet. Visibly clogged with white crystal. I'm guessing my vials are full of pure oil (-:

Filtered through a 25mm diameter 0.45um whatman pvdf gd/x (a progressive three stage filter using borosilicate glass with stages at 1.0, 0.7, and then the final 0.45um membrane). This appears to be identical to the model linked above except with the glass microfiber pre-filter (which if anything is supposed to help with high volume). Used a 60cc mixing syringe (50cc full) with an 18g needle. Vent needle didn't seem to help.

Pretty sure it shouldn't be this hard, so if either of you has solved this problem or avoided it by being less stupid from the get-go, I'm all ears.
    Last edited by booklifter; 12-07-2013 at 03:08 PM.