User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh wasn't sure if you pissed on it. Sorry if I missed that, was grilling chicken.

Not sure about the alcohol, isn't there a dropper in the kit? I'd just take 3 drops from the vial. Yeah control means that the liquid diffused through the test strip
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_math View Post
    Ahh wasn't sure if you pissed on it. Sorry if I missed that, was grilling chicken.

Not sure about the alcohol, isn't there a dropper in the kit? I'd just take 3 drops from the vial. Yeah control means that the liquid diffused through the test strip
    theres a dropper but i don't see why i wouldn't just shoot it in there with a syringe.

the alcohol is in my solution (bacteriostatic water has benzyl alcohol). only thing i can think of is that i should maybe use the sodium chloride sterile water to reconstitute my next vial, test it with that, then add the appropriate amount of bacteriostatic water. still, there might not be enough alcohol to kill bacteria, so it might go bad quickly. not sure.

at any rate, i'm gonna call reliablerx and see what they say tomorrow..

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Haha, I'm not very nervous, just new at this and want to make sure I'm doing it right. My corion is clearly not fake but i figured it could have been exposed to hot temperatures on an Indian airplane or something... lol.

And this is the first time I remember asking if anything was fake.. In fact none of my posts that I can recall are anything like what you described haha.

Many women on those hCG diet forums test their hCG including corion with pregnancy tests, and they come up positive.

I have read that a pregnancy test can detect as little as 20 milliIU/mL. (A very small amount)

If a woman were to urinate 100,000 iu of hCG, that would likely be her entire urination. I tend to pee about 16 oz, so ill assume a female pees about 12. That's 350 mL. So 100,000 iu / 350 mL = 285 iu/mL. That's only 1/4 my supposed concentration... What gives?!
    The numbers you are talking about are blood plasma concentrations not urination levels. Not the same at all and not comparable.

The women who test their hcg I believe use the whole vial 10000iu and don't dilute to 100iu and test that. Remember women using hcg for fertility reasons use a lot more than men using it to prevent testicular atrophy.

If you want to give it a proper test then you need to drop at least 5000iu on it but preferably more. The ba in your water won't affect the results, but i can see you are the super cautious kind of guy so use tap water to mix your hcg if you are really concerned it will.

So as I sai before you either aren't using enough hcg to test it properly or it has degraded. But I get hcg from India too and if that were the case I think I would have noticed some testicular atrophy after 14 weeks of highly suppressive steroids. I've got zero atrophy. Other guys on here do too so relax!

Call your supplier by all means but I think I can predict what they are going to say so you are wasting your time there! I mean, they aren't going to say, "yes, you are right, it's degraded. We'll give you a refund". C'mon, you are showing you age and niavity here.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    theres a dropper but i don't see why i wouldn't just shoot it in there with a syringe.

the alcohol is in my solution (bacteriostatic water has benzyl alcohol). only thing i can think of is that i should maybe use the sodium chloride sterile water to reconstitute my next vial, test it with that, then add the appropriate amount of bacteriostatic water. still, there might not be enough alcohol to kill bacteria, so it might go bad quickly. not sure.

at any rate, i'm gonna call reliablerx and see what they say tomorrow..
    Eh it's possible it's the same amount of different. But yeah, not sure what to say and hope the company gives ya good info. As well as infamy's post here too.

for the next vial if you use the other liquid keep it in the fridge for fear of bacteria which will help slow growth and be aseptic as possible.
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamy View Post
    The numbers you are talking about are blood plasma concentrations not urination levels. Not the same at all and not comparable.

The women who test their hcg I believe use the whole vial 10000iu and don't dilute to 100iu and test that. Remember women using hcg for fertility reasons use a lot more than men using it to prevent testicular atrophy.

If you want to give it a proper test then you need to drop at least 5000iu on it but preferably more. The ba in your water won't affect the results, but i can see you are the super cautious kind of guy so use tap water to mix your hcg if you are really concerned it will.

So as I sai before you either aren't using enough hcg to test it properly or it has degraded. But I get hcg from India too and if that were the case I think I would have noticed some testicular atrophy after 14 weeks of highly suppressive steroids. I've got zero atrophy. Other guys on here do too so relax!

Call your supplier by all means but I think I can predict what they are going to say so you are wasting your time there! I mean, they aren't going to say, "yes, you are right, it's degraded. We'll give you a refund". C'mon, you are showing you age and niavity here.
    just to play devils advocate here, my gut tells me you might be wrong (gasp!) because the testing kit only requires about .1 mL of liquid. and i know that the powder in my 5000 iu vial will not dissolve into .1 mL of water. It's absurd to think that that could happen.

The women i'm talking about are using it for the hCG diet (so yes, they are probably idiots), usually about 125 iu per day, and they are using their diluted solution on a pregnancy test.. at least that's what i've read.

if the test can detect 30 mIU/mL (not sure if this is what you're referring to in your post as blood plasma levels), that's way less than 1000 IU/mL that i have.

also, earlier you said pregnant women are urinating upwards of 100,000 IU! thats where i got the math that says about 300 IU/mL for them. Much lower concentration than my 1000/mL.

like i said, i'm not so worried. but i havent seen many forums get scientific with this and i feel like it's worth figuring out for the benefit of everyone.
    Last edited by weekend; 11-14-2012 at 04:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just to play devils advocate here, my gut tells me you might be wrong (gasp!) because the testing kit only requires about .1 mL of liquid. and i know that the powder in my 5000 iu vial will not dissolve into .1 mL of water. It's absurd to think that that could happen.

The women i'm talking about are using it for the hCG diet (so yes, they are probably idiots), usually about 125 iu per day, and they are using their diluted solution on a pregnancy test.. at least that's what i've read.

if the test can detect 30 mIU/mL (not sure if this is what you're referring to in your post as blood plasma levels), that's way less than 1000 IU/mL that i have.

also, earlier you said pregnant women are urinating upwards of 100,000 IU! thats where i got the math that says about 300 IU/mL for them. Much lower concentration than my 1000/mL.

like i said, i'm not so worried. but i havent seen many forums get scientific with this and i feel like it's worth figuring out for the benefit of everyone.
    Your test needs only 0.1ml to work? Really? Most tests I've seen require the woman to hold the test in their stream of urine which would give much more than 0.1ml. At a guess I'd think it would have more like 250ml or so going past it.

I don't know how much liquid you put in the test but if it wasn't enough (ie 0.1 ml) then this would be unlikely to be enough liquid to trigger the test regardless of concentration due to the liquid needing to absorb up the strip completely.

Have you tried using 5000iu on the kit and putting sufficient liquid to trigger the test? If that doesn't trigger it then you know something's wrong.

By the way, I can get 5000iu to dissolve into 0.5 ml. It is possible if you try as hcg should be highly soluble. Although I think we might be going off the point here.

Fwiw, years ago I got hold of some pregnyl, it was legit prescription for a friend so no question of quality or degradation as it had been kept in a fridge at all times. I used 250iu on a pregnancy kit and it was negative but I know the stuff was real. Take from that what you will.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BLUEBERRIES

they are good for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmm blueberries.

Grapefruits are bad for you - too much estrogen.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    BLUEBERRIES

they are good for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, maybe 0.2 mL. I put 10 units on my syringe first time, then 20 second time. Both times the control line showed up though, and I saw the liquid saturate the part of the test with dyes. The test kit says to use a dropper to drop the urine (4 drops) onto a circle. I guess it's legit though. Ill probably just eat some blueberries and call it good.

Just looked in the trash, there is now a very faint line. It says not to read after 3 minutes though.

Hah.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamy View Post
    Mmm blueberries.

Grapefruits are bad for you - too much estrogen.
    Bro, just up the dose of letro if you want to enjoy a grapefruit.