User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hCG and pregnancy tests?

Is it possible to test one's hCG with a home pregnancy test? Did it twice with mine... showed up not pregnant. First time used about 100 IU, second time about 200. Nothin.

Does this mean my hCG is bunk?! Balls aren't shrinking much off 500 test so far, but I don't know really, so hard to tell.

It's corion brand that I reconstituted myself if that makes any difference. 5000 iu to 5 mL.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt you'll get a positive on a pregnancy test unless you dump 10000iu in one go on it. Most standard pregancy tests arent sensitive enough to "see" 100iu.

Don't forget pregnant women urinate upwards of 100,000iu.

You could always ask your pharmacist for their most sensitive one (it'll cost $$) and then dump 10000 iu on it. If it still shows negative then it's bunk.

But corion isn't faked to the best of my knowledge so I really doubt you have bunk stuff. It may have oxidised if not kept cold and out of light but that's a different matter.

You know weekend, you strike me as a very nervous guy as almost all your posts are about whether stuff is fake or whether to use 1mg of this or 1.0001mg instead. Too much stress raises your cortisol and your muscle will just waste away you know! Chill out :-)

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, have you removed your IUD???

i kid

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamy View Post
    I doubt you'll get a positive on a pregnancy test unless you dump 10000iu in one go on it. Most standard pregancy tests arent sensitive enough to "see" 100iu.

Don't forget pregnant women urinate upwards of 100,000iu.

You could always ask your pharmacist for their most sensitive one (it'll cost $$) and then dump 10000 iu on it. If it still shows negative then it's bunk.

But corion isn't faked to the best of my knowledge so I really doubt you have bunk stuff. It may have oxidised if not kept cold and out of light but that's a different matter.

You know weekend, you strike me as a very nervous guy as almost all your posts are about whether stuff is fake or whether to use 1mg of this or 1.0001mg instead. Too much stress raises your cortisol and your muscle will just waste away you know! Chill out :-)
    Very good info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, I'm not very nervous, just new at this and want to make sure I'm doing it right. My corion is clearly not fake but i figured it could have been exposed to hot temperatures on an Indian airplane or something... lol.

And this is the first time I remember asking if anything was fake.. In fact none of my posts that I can recall are anything like what you described haha.

Many women on those hCG diet forums test their hCG including corion with pregnancy tests, and they come up positive.

I have read that a pregnancy test can detect as little as 20 milliIU/mL. (A very small amount)

If a woman were to urinate 100,000 iu of hCG, that would likely be her entire urination. I tend to pee about 16 oz, so ill assume a female pees about 12. That's 350 mL. So 100,000 iu / 350 mL = 285 iu/mL. That's only 1/4 my supposed concentration... What gives?!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hcg is cheap and usually not faked, its often used to pass as hgh, where the pregnancy test comes in handy

on a side, that dude that found out he had teste cancer from a pregnancy test
    30-40% of teste cancer variants produce betaHCG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I know it wasn't faked. It looked so legit. Just concerned it may have been exposed to high temp during transport. The pregnancy test seems to work for most on the hCG forums, so I'm just wondering if I should get some more.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Haha, I'm not very nervous, just new at this and want to make sure I'm doing it right. My corion is clearly not fake but i figured it could have been exposed to hot temperatures on an Indian airplane or something... lol.

And this is the first time I remember asking if anything was fake.. In fact none of my posts that I can recall are anything like what you described haha.
    Many women on those hCG diet forums test their hCG including corion with pregnancy tests, and they come up positive.

I have read that a pregnancy test can detect as little as 20 milliIU/mL. (A very small amount)

If a woman were to urinate 100,000 iu of hCG, that would likely be her entire urination. I tend to pee about 16 oz, so ill assume a female pees about 12. That's 350 mL. So 100,000 iu / 350 mL = 285 iu/mL. That's only 1/4 my supposed concentration... What gives?!
    Heh it's not that simple in regards to qualitative and quantitative analysis. Generally positives are seen around 30(ish) mIU in qualitative(pos or neg). Thats all the little kit test is good for. When quantitative numbers are analyzed it is through serum or plasma. Not urine, from anywhere that ive seen(which is in some high speed labs...)These are where all of these numbers come in. You can't really compare a positive on a kit to an actual blood test. Plus these molecules are quite small they don't take up the entire volume of whatever fluid being tested. That help some?

I guess maybe you are absorbing the hCG and by the time you are excreting it the numbers aren't nearly as high. I'm assuming you are administering the test correctly and such. Infamy probably has better info in this regard.
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    hcg is cheap and usually not faked, its often used to pass as hgh, where the pregnancy test comes in handy

on a side, that dude that found out he had teste cancer from a pregnancy test
    30-40% of teste cancer variants produce betaHCG
    Yeah generally a positive hcg from a male UA is could indicate prostate cancer... Although its not used a diagnostic tool lol. Prolly cheaper than a PSA which only shows inflammation in the prostate....
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_math View Post
    Yeah generally a positive hcg from a male UA is could indicate prostate cancer... Although its not used a diagnostic tool lol. Prolly cheaper than a PSA which only shows inflammation in the prostate....
    HA! i didn't pee on the test. i poured my hCG solution directly on it before i took a shot. like i loaded a slin pin with a little extra to pour on the test. definitely used enough that it should've shown up positive. maybe benzyl alcohol ruins the dye? but the control line worked both times...