Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Green Smoothies-The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Not at all Burly. I think we are all adults on this site which is what makes it so great. But I dont' think those comparisons are equal to the chlorophyll and hemeglobin comparison. The bottom line here is that hemeglobin is what are blood is made of, and chlorophyll is what the plants "blood" is made of. Literally the only difference is one element.
    But does chlorophyll , once ingested, act as hemoglobin does? I'll be honest, I'm not up on the science of chlorophyll, so i may have missed any studies showing it acted in this way.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this thread. I'm jumping on the green smoothie train starting tomorrow. Making a Trader Joes, Costco, and farmers market today!!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will this do for my immune system?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    What will this do for my immune system?
    Boost the hell out of it. Citrus is rich is vitamin C that helps boost immune function and helps to deactivate histamine in the body. Leafy greens such as spinach and parsley are anti-inflammatory to the body and loaded with phyto-nutrients and zinc to nourish your immune system. If you take a look at any acid-alkaline food chart, you’ll see greens are one of the most alkaline of all foods. Raising your body’s pH by eating an alkaline diet is one of the best ways to support your natural immunity, raise your energy levels and support the beneficial bacteria in your gut. So adding more greens into your diet will not only elevate the nutrition your body receives, but it also will boost your immune health, speed your body’s healing response and ramp up your resistance to infection.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    But does chlorophyll , once ingested, act as hemoglobin does? I'll be honest, I'm not up on the science of chlorophyll, so i may have missed any studies showing it acted in this way.
    The body does one better. It actually changes chlorophyll to hemoglobin by swapping out the elements in the middle. It is a fairly inexpensive biological process to do seeing as it's only swapping one element for another. It also indirectly stimulates the creation of more hemoglobin in the body. I can't seem to find this study right now, but this is the main reason why greens are a "building" food and are used to increase blood volume.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Boost the hell out of it. Citrus is rich is vitamin C that helps boost immune function and helps to deactivate histamine in the body. Leafy greens such as spinach and parsley are anti-inflammatory to the body and loaded with phyto-nutrients and zinc to nourish your immune system. If you take a look at any acid-alkaline food chart, you’ll see greens are one of the most alkaline of all foods. Raising your body’s pH by eating an alkaline diet is one of the best ways to support your natural immunity, raise your energy levels and support the beneficial bacteria in your gut. So adding more greens into your diet will not only elevate the nutrition your body receives, but it also will boost your immune health, speed your body’s healing response and ramp up your resistance to infection.
    Just a couple more to add to what you've already shared. This article is concerning wheatgrass, but chlorophyll is chlorophyll regardless where it's obtained from......50 Reasons To Drink The Benefits of Wheatgrass

I'm getting all of the supplies to start growing my own wheat grass so i can add a shot or two in my green juices and smoothies.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just have to say, you typically would not see people seriously talking about green smoothies and wheat grass on a forum like this without being flamed into oblivion. That's usually reserved for "tree huggin hippie types." This forum is just a great place to openly share great ideas in regards to making us be the best we can be. It really is a unique place and I'm glad to be part of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made my 1st pitcher this morning. Definitely needs tweaking. Less liquid next time around. got 2 huge servings down without wanting to s\give up, im on to something. lol

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume a 'regular' blender could get the job done?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LBC-83 View Post
    I assume a 'regular' blender could get the job done?
    I use a Ninja, not exactly regular, but did the trick.