User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night broke my last DL PR by 15#s!!!!!! 570 lbs baby!!! 600 lbs, I'm coming for yah!!!!

This week is test week, so we'll see how today's bench session goes. BTW, it was probably 40 degrees in the gym last night.

My Training Partner, 570 Pound Deadlift - 1 Rep PR - YouTube
    POWERLIFTERS PUT IT DEEPER IN THE WHOLE!!! WHAT???!!!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro I had no idea you were cycling since October! Regardless, to have added the amount of weight you did (I remember you added like what, 20 pounds or so after your last meet), while keeping those abs shredded is just hands down awesome! You my friend are an inspiration!!!

570!!! I gotta see this as soon as I get home from work! I think the weather is contributing to making you a wild beast dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow brah! Just saw the clip............. MAD RESPECT! Brootal in precise definition!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Wow brah! Just saw the clip............. MAD RESPECT! Brootal in precise definition!!!
    Thanks my man.

Meet Numbers:
    Squat: 323#
    Bench: 275#
    Deadlift: 496#

Current Numbers:
    Squat: 450#
    Bench: 345# (got a vid of this 20# PR I got today)
    Deadlift: 570#

I know the cycle def helped these numbers skyrocket, but the CUBE Method has really shined too! I love it, but we're changing up our secondary and tertiary movements a little now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed reading about the cube method 365 strong bro! And if one can use it to get stronger in the pace you did while staying completely shredded, then I will definitely be adapting it soon. I'm already using certain principles of it. Do you also cardio? And what's your eating like? Macro's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed reading about the cube method 365 strong bro! And if one can use it to get stronger in the pace you did while staying completely shredded, then I will definitely be adapting it soon. I'm already using certain principles of it. Do you also cardio? And what's your eating like? Macro's?
    Cardio is hit and miss, but I try my best to do cardio at least twice a week. As far as macros, I just EAT, a lot! I'm not force feeding myself, but I eat to fuel my training sessions. I'm prob hitting about 4200-4500 calls a day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    Cardio is hit and miss, but I try my best to do cardio at least twice a week. As far as macros, I just EAT, a lot! I'm not force feeding myself, but I eat to fuel my training sessions. I'm prob hitting about 4200-4500 calls a day.
    Since I'm focusing on my goal to get as shredded this year, I'll cruise around 2000 cals a day for now, but as soon as I'm there I'll gradually adapt to your way bro. My strength hasn't dropped much so that's good. But unfortunately I've misplaced my left upper ribs last week bench pressing. The Chiropractor readjusted it Tuesday, said it's nothing serious but to watch out on barbell presses if I want to let it heal completely.

What do you do in such cases? Stick mostly to dumbbell to maintain strength there at least?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I'm focusing on my goal to get as shredded this year, I'll cruise around 2000 cals a day for now, but as soon as I'm there I'll gradually adapt to your way bro. My strength hasn't dropped much so that's good. But unfortunately I've misplaced my left upper ribs last week bench pressing. The Chiropractor readjusted it Tuesday, said it's nothing serious but to watch out on barbell presses if I want to let it heal completely.

What do you do in such cases? Stick mostly to dumbbell to maintain strength there at least?
    I'd say get healed up, don't bother the injured area for a week or so, then come back by feel. That's one things I've learned since I started Pling, listen to your body, give it rest when it asks for it, and kill it if you can go another rep or 2. After all, you'd be just missing out on a couple days of training... Big picture, that's nothing, but if you jump right back into it, you run the risk of injuring yourself for a much longer period of time.

My 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    345 bench yesterday. It was a grinder. He did have 2 finger tips on the bar, but I'll take it. I'll chalk it up to being a PR; I'll let you be the judge.

My Training Partner, 345 Pound Bench Press - 1 Rep PR - YouTube

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a gym lift great job! Nice way to push the envelope and go after it. For a competition lift I'd say no go, kinda hard to be 100% sure from a video but I think there may have been a dip when the bar stalled coming off the chest. Remember my friend the bar cannot go back down at all. It can go up as slow as you like but cant dip back down. Aside from that though great job on a new weight!