Nice lift man! Looking beastly!
    Been juicing since CapriSun

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    555 was super clean, so I am actually a little surprised the 580 didn't go up. The 580 looked perfect off the ground. Looked to me like the mid/upper back began to round at the sticking point. 575 would have gone up. Very nice work, bro.
    i felt I didn't have it, so I just backed up. I need to work on figuring out the pound jumps I'm going to make. This is a crappy area for me. I need to develop a better gauge for this. I should have nailed 570, but I got a little greedy!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryhigh View Post
    Nice lift man! Looking beastly!
    Thanks brother!!
    POWERLIFTERS PUT IT DEEPER IN THE WHOLE!!! WHAT???!!!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O_RYAN's BROOTAL STRENGTH LOG

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    i felt I didn't have it, so I just backed up. I need to work on figuring out the pound jumps I'm going to make. This is a crappy area for me. I need to develop a better gauge for this. I should have nailed 570, but I got a little greedy!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks brother!!
    I thought you had a team or coach you were working with who could help you call out the right weight.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man my brother in arms you are getting strong!
    1) the squat, GREAT JOB! you definitely handled the weight. I don't like to get too into depth arguments on videos.. err disagreements, but honestly I think you would have gotten a red light at my last meet. I would also say its hard to tell with camera angles and pants. But regardless man great job and you are for sure getting stronger! And at an extra 50lbs thats real damn impressive.

2) the deadlift.. dude for that being a max weight three weeks ago you looked absolutely polished on that lift! Very clean and technical! I do think you got a little greedy though with the 580. One thing I gained from doing more meets was an understanding of how my body responds and what weights I need to hit to get primed for a pr. Honestly in your case I would have liked to see you maybe stick to quick triples then a double and singles.. Probably hit 495, then 530 which would be super easy for you, and then 565 or 570.. based on that vid Id probably have said 570. And I wouldn't have let you retry 580 that many times, with straight weight. Add some hanging bands or just drop down. Thats one of those risk / reward situations. You've used up your back and in a fatigued state smaller muscles take up the slack. Just my take man I would absolutely hate to see anything slow you down at this point

You are doing an amazing job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Man my brother in arms you are getting strong!
    1) the squat, GREAT JOB! you definitely handled the weight. I don't like to get too into depth arguments on videos.. err disagreements, but honestly I think you would have gotten a red light at my last meet. I would also say its hard to tell with camera angles and pants. But regardless man great job and you are for sure getting stronger! And at an extra 50lbs thats real damn impressive.

2) the deadlift.. dude for that being a max weight three weeks ago you looked absolutely polished on that lift! Very clean and technical! I do think you got a little greedy though with the 580. One thing I gained from doing more meets was an understanding of how my body responds and what weights I need to hit to get primed for a pr. Honestly in your case I would have liked to see you maybe stick to quick triples then a double and singles.. Probably hit 495, then 530 which would be super easy for you, and then 565 or 570.. based on that vid Id probably have said 570. And I wouldn't have let you retry 580 that many times, with straight weight. Add some hanging bands or just drop down. Thats one of those risk / reward situations. You've used up your back and in a fatigued state smaller muscles take up the slack. Just my take man I would absolutely hate to see anything slow you down at this point

You are doing an amazing job!
    Very well said brother! I appreciate the words on depth and the deadlift form. I did quite a bit of mobility, stretching, and rehab work today at lunch and my back feels good.

Burly, I think I still don't know what my limits are myself, my coach and teammate can only suggest. I need to feel more comfortable with the weight to make those decisions. I know I will always feel anxious before the lift, but experience here is key. Today I did a much better job at gauging the weight jumps on bench.

By the time I hit the bench I was sweating and very warm.

Bench:

barx8
    135x5
    185x3
    225x2
    275x1 (opener) SMOKED IT!
    290x1 (2nd attempt) SMOKED IT!
    305x1 (3rd) SMOKED IT!
    315x1 (4th) clean lift
    325x1 (5th) very clean controlled lift, just didn't pause for a full second or 2 at the bottom.

This is a 50# training PR.

YouTube
    Last edited by O_RYAN_007; 12-03-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O_RYAN's BROOTAL STRENGTH LOG

Wow, bud. Way to push that weight! 50 pound increase ?! Nice going.

Tried to watch vid, but it is set to "private". Can't view it.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 12-04-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool deadlift man! i am very surprised you didnt get the 580! if i ever get it near my knees at all it will go up. i guess my sticking point is off the ground.

can't believe you are listening to that music while deadlifting! if i went in a gym with that music on i would leave! lol but i guess the music they play at my gym is awful too.

bench video private too. awesome work man.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is it you're sniffing before lifting??

(also wasn't trying to call your music awful if that's what you like, it would give me a headache though)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YouTube

I changed the viewing settings to public. I'm sniffing smelling salts, and I LOVE the music thats going on in the background. It gets me extremely pumped up. I just didn't feel the 580, but my sticking point is more at lockout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd. The link just takes me to sign in to my own page.