User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Oryan, since you have shifted over to PLing, are you still doing lat, delt, and arm work? And if so, how do you put those assistance movements into your weekly schedule?
    We really don't do any Lat work, but I do Overhead Press, Delt work, upper back work, rotator work, arm work, and calve work on Accessory day which is either Friday or Saturday. I'll also do a little more accessory work during my first workout of the day. I do 3-4 2-a-days a week. Most of the lunch workouts are 15-20 mins on the stair climber, mobility work, stretching in the sauna, maybe a little arm workout and abs.
    POWERLIFTERS PUT IT DEEPER IN THE WHOLE!!! WHAT???!!!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O_RYAN's BROOTAL STRENGTH LOG

Interesting about no lat work. I find lats to be so important in driving out of the hole.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Interesting about no lat work. I find lats to be so important in driving out of the hole.
    I'm sorry about that, we do hit Lats on Deadlift day. We do a lot of different things after we hit the CUBE. We'll flip 550#-800# tires, do lat pull downs, and some variation of bent over rows. For some reason I thought you were talking about traps. We'll aldo hit lats on accessory as well. Just a 2 movements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I'm sorry about that, we do hit Lats on Deadlift day. We do a lot of different things after we hit the CUBE. We'll flip 550#-800# tires, do lat pull downs, and some variation of bent over rows. For some reason I thought you were talking about traps. We'll aldo hit lats on accessory as well. Just a 2 movements.
    Makes more sense. Lol. Thanks for clarifying.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Storng lift brotha, you put that up like nothing. I finally got cleared by the Dr. to start lifting again, this thread is definitely some motivation to make that iron my bish again lol
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhigh View Post
    Storng lift brotha, you put that up like nothing. I finally got cleared by the Dr. to start lifting again, this thread is definitely some motivation to make that iron my bish again lol
    I'm glad I could be a motivation! Kill it and never look back, just stay healthy!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad I could be a motivation! Kill it and never look back, just stay healthy!
    Yessir, its been a long 4 months, I continue the healthy lifestyle but for some reason my brain decided to be wack lol all good now tho, so time to rage
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhigh View Post
    Yessir, its been a long 4 months, I continue the healthy lifestyle but for some reason my brain decided to be wack lol all good now tho, so time to rage
    Thats what I'm talking about, get some brother!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe my back is flexible enough to arch like that. My elbows are tucked and I am arched. It just looks much less intense and calculated I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    I don't believe my back is flexible enough to arch like that. My elbows are tucked and I am arched. It just looks much less intense and calculated I suppose.
    We used to have a saying about arching up high... "You could drive a bus under that!".

Everything Oryan said about the arch is correct. I would add that it also puts your body in a slight "declined" position if you look at the angle of trajectory. Arching your back results in tilting the chest back. Everyone I've ever met is stronger on a decline bench than on flat or incline... because there is a mechanical advantage.