User Tag List

Thread: Trenbolone

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trenbolone

Growth factor messenger RNA levels in muscle and liver of steroid-implanted and nonimplanted steers.

White ME, Johnson BJ, Hathaway MR, Dayton WR.

Source
    Animal Growth and Development Laboratory, Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St. Paul 55108, USA.

Abstract
    Ribonuclease protection assays were used to measure steady-state semimembranosus muscle and/or hepatic levels of IGF-I, IGFBP-3, IGFBP-5, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), and myostatin messenger RNA (mRNA) in steers implanted from 32 to 38 d with Revalor-S, a combined trenbolone acetate and estradiol implant. Insulin-like growth factor-ImRNA levels were 69% higher (P < 0.01, n = 7) in the livers of implanted steers than in the livers of nonimplanted steers. Similarly, IGF-I mRNA levels were 50% higher (P < 0.05, n = 7) in the semimembranosus muscles of implanted steers than in the same muscles from nonimplanted steers. Hepatic IGFBP-3 mRNA levels were 24% higher (P < 0.07, n = 7) in implanted steers than in nonimplanted steers. Hepatic HGF and IGFBP-5 mRNA levels did not differ between implanted and nonimplanted steers. Similarly, muscle IGFBP-3, IGFBP-5, HGF, and myostatin mRNA levels were not affected by treatment. Previous data from these same steers have shown that circulating IGF-I and IGFBP-3 concentrations were 30 to 40% higher (P < 0.01, n = 7) in implanted steers than in nonimplanted, control steers. Additionally, the number of actively proliferating satellite cells that could be isolated from the semimembranosus muscle was 45% higher (P < 0.01, n = 7) for implanted steers than for nonimplanted steers. Viewed together, these data suggest that increased muscle IGF-I levels stimulate increased satellite cell proliferation, resulting in the increased muscle growth observed in Revalor-S implanted steers.
    PMID: 12723086 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Full article: Growth factor messenger RNA levels in muscle and liver of steroid-implanted and nonimplanted steers
    Last edited by h2s; 11-13-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tissue selectivity and potential clinical applications of trenbolone (17beta-hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one): A potent anabolic steroid with reduced androgenic and estrogenic activity.
    Steroids. 2010 Jun;75(6):377-89. Epub 2010 Feb 4.
    Tissue selectivity and potential clinical applications of trenbolone (17beta-hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one): A potent anabolic steroid with reduced androgenic and estrogenic activity.
    Yarrow JF, McCoy SC, Borst SE.
    Source

Geriatric Research, Education & Clinical Center, VA Medical Center, Gainesville, FL 32608, United States.

Abstract

Recently, the development of selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) has been suggested as a means of combating the deleterious catabolic effects of hypogonadism, especially in skeletal muscle and bone, without inducing the undesirable androgenic effects (e.g., prostate enlargement and polycythemia) associated with testosterone administration. 17beta-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone; 17beta-TBOH), a synthetic analog of testosterone, may be capable of inducing SARM-like effects as it binds to androgen receptors (ARs) with approximately three times the affinity of testosterone and has been shown to augment skeletal muscle mass and bone growth and reduce adiposity in a variety of mammalian species. In addition to its direct actions through ARs, 17beta-TBOH may also exert anabolic effects by altering the action of endogenous growth factors or inhibiting the action of glucocorticoids. Compared to testosterone, 17beta-TBOH appears to induce less growth in androgen-sensitive organs which highly express the 5alpha reductase enzyme (e.g., prostate tissue and accessory sex organs). The reduced androgenic effects result from the fact that 17beta-TBOH is metabolized to less potent androgens in vivo; while testosterone undergoes tissue-specific biotransformation to more potent steroids, dihydrotestosterone and 17beta-estradiol, via the 5alpha-reductase and aromatase enzymes, respectively. Thus the metabolism of 17beta-TBOH provides a basis for future research evaluating its safety and efficacy as a means of combating muscle and bone wasting conditions, obesity, and/or androgen insensitivity syndromes in humans, similar to that of other SARMs which are currently in development.

Tissue selectivity and potential clinical applicati... [Steroids. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Full text: http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/300/4/E650.long

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trenbolone alters the responsiveness of skeletal muscle satellite cells to fibroblast growth factor and insulin-like growth factor I.

Abstract

The potential role of satellite cells in mediating the effect of trenbolone [17 beta-hydroxyestra-4,9-11-trien-3-one (TBOH)] on skeletal muscle hypertrophy was examined. Young female Sprague-Dawley rats received TBOH injections daily for 2 weeks; growth, body composition, and the composition of selected muscles were assessed. Treated rats grew more rapidly and deposited less body lipid and more protein. The semimembranosus muscle from treated rats was larger and had approximately 60% more DNA per muscle than muscles from control rats. The addition of trenbolone directly to the medium of cultured satellite cells did not stimulate cell proliferation, nor did it augment the stimulatory response of these cells to fibroblast growth factor (FGF) or insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I). In contrast, satellite cells cultured from TBOH-treated rats exhibited greater proliferative responses to FGF and IGF-I than satellite cells from control rats. In addition, serum from TBOH-treated rats stimulated greater cell proliferation in satellite cell cultures than serum from control rats. These experiments suggest that one possible mechanism responsible for the ability of TBOH to stimulate skeletal muscle hypertrophy may be through enhanced proliferation and differentiation of satellite cells as a result of the increased sensitivity of these cells to IGF-I and FGF.

Trenbolone alters the responsiveness of skelet... [Endocrinology. 1989] - PubMed - NCBI