Thread: Trenbolone

Threaded View

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trenbolone

Growth factor messenger RNA levels in muscle and liver of steroid-implanted and nonimplanted steers.

White ME, Johnson BJ, Hathaway MR, Dayton WR.

Source
    Animal Growth and Development Laboratory, Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St. Paul 55108, USA.

Abstract
    Ribonuclease protection assays were used to measure steady-state semimembranosus muscle and/or hepatic levels of IGF-I, IGFBP-3, IGFBP-5, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), and myostatin messenger RNA (mRNA) in steers implanted from 32 to 38 d with Revalor-S, a combined trenbolone acetate and estradiol implant. Insulin-like growth factor-ImRNA levels were 69% higher (P < 0.01, n = 7) in the livers of implanted steers than in the livers of nonimplanted steers. Similarly, IGF-I mRNA levels were 50% higher (P < 0.05, n = 7) in the semimembranosus muscles of implanted steers than in the same muscles from nonimplanted steers. Hepatic IGFBP-3 mRNA levels were 24% higher (P < 0.07, n = 7) in implanted steers than in nonimplanted steers. Hepatic HGF and IGFBP-5 mRNA levels did not differ between implanted and nonimplanted steers. Similarly, muscle IGFBP-3, IGFBP-5, HGF, and myostatin mRNA levels were not affected by treatment. Previous data from these same steers have shown that circulating IGF-I and IGFBP-3 concentrations were 30 to 40% higher (P < 0.01, n = 7) in implanted steers than in nonimplanted, control steers. Additionally, the number of actively proliferating satellite cells that could be isolated from the semimembranosus muscle was 45% higher (P < 0.01, n = 7) for implanted steers than for nonimplanted steers. Viewed together, these data suggest that increased muscle IGF-I levels stimulate increased satellite cell proliferation, resulting in the increased muscle growth observed in Revalor-S implanted steers.
    PMID: 12723086 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Full article: Growth factor messenger RNA levels in muscle and liver of steroid-implanted and nonimplanted steers
    Last edited by h2s; 11-13-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.