Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    X2
    I'd just stay fasted instead of relying on shakes while at school.
    These days I prefer low carb (not keto) and (IF) intermittent fasting. Really hard to get back on the keto bandwagon, so I'm just having a few carbs, mainly fruit, some oats, etc. Keto is too hard for me, especially when you cook for kids etc.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    These days I prefer low carb (not keto) and (IF) intermittent fasting. Really hard to get back on the keto bandwagon, so I'm just having a few carbs, mainly fruit, some oats, etc. Keto is too hard for me, especially when you cook for kids etc.
    The diet Im following from Stoppani I dont think is technically keto because Im still consuming 80g carbs a day and he still recommends a carb source like dextrose post workout. Ive done a keto diet before when I lived on my own and it was easy to follow but now Im with my family and its a complete pain in the ass because I have to eat completely separate meals at all times. Even when I did keto before I didnt yeild great results but when my brother does it he drops weight constantly(he's obese though)
    Last edited by hardestgainer; 02-08-2014 at 08:24 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have all 80g carbs spead across pre, intra, and post workout that way your running on fat and not spiking insulin threwout the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent checked in in awhile. Progression has been slow and steady as far as the fat loss goes. Only got to the gym a couple times last week because Ive got midterms coming up and Ive just been swamped with school work. But I think I made some good adjustments to my diet to make up for it and I havent seen regression on my waist at all. When I went to the gym this week I could actually tell there was a bit of a decrease in strength just from the week off which kinda sucked, but Im not too worried about it.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't been updated on this log for awhile. Scope's right about the best time to eat carbs. I agree 100%.

What has worked for me is to workout in the PM and consume all my carbs post workout (right away) until about an hour before I sleep. In the morning, like Mark said, it just works wonders when you make sure you don't eat ANY carbs, unless you have to, like in small amounts that can come from veggies or nuts.

Doing this I dropped a LOT of fat and kept my strength. Days that I don't workout, I make sure I eat one carb meal about 2 hours before I sleep.

That's the way I do it. Different than Mark and Scope. But very much the same principles. And I agree on spending money on food, not supps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really much to update, same thing happened that happens everytime after a couple months, strength starts to drop and over the weekend I gained 2lbs out of no where. There has been no visible changes in my body at all since I started working out, look just like I did when I uploaded pics. At this point Im about to drop my cals to about 1k a day and just say fuck it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Haven't been updated on this log for awhile. Scope's right about the best time to eat carbs. I agree 100%.

What has worked for me is to workout in the PM and consume all my carbs post workout (right away) until about an hour before I sleep. In the morning, like Mark said, it just works wonders when you make sure you don't eat ANY carbs, unless you have to, like in small amounts that can come from veggies or nuts.

Doing this I dropped a LOT of fat and kept my strength. Days that I don't workout, I make sure I eat one carb meal about 2 hours before I sleep.

That's the way I do it. Different than Mark and Scope. But very much the same principles. And I agree on spending money on food, not supps
    Thats how Ive been doing it, I workout at night anyways so Ive been waiting till post workout to eat carbs and usually thats my last meal before bed or if Im up a few more hours Ill have a protein shake.

What if I added in fasted cardio in the mornings and did weight training later in the evening? Just maybe do a protein shake or bcaas after the morning cardio then have breakfast and waiting until night to have carbs, right?
    Last edited by hardestgainer; 03-03-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HG, don't do it bro... don't drop down to 1k you need the fuel to burn the fat also!

Why not just lower the cals throughout the day, except for your post work out meal (I say keep that normal, higher cals, for example on my workout days that I aim for high carbs, about 30% of all my cals comes out of my post workout meal... and I eat about 7-8 meals).

This year I've been waking up:
    1) Take ON Amino Energy / BCAA / Glutamine combo (+ ECA - A is for Alphamine stack every 4 weeks on and off) + coffee (when not on ECA) + 2 TBSP of Coconut Oil
    2) prep meals and sit on the toilet
    3) about 45 min afterwards I'm at the gym in the gym on HIIT cardio for about 30 - 45 minutes
    4) Go home, shower get ready for work
    5) 30 minutes POST cardio, I eat my breakfast (6 eggs / slice of roastbeef / green red peppers / onions / mushrooms cooked in CO)

That's how I start the day and make it to ''meal 1''. Doing that and gradually lowering my cals. GRADUALLY!!!!! I dropped quite some fat and kept the strength and size bro. Don't drop cals to quickly... you'll regret it afterwards....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks VayneZ, I wasnt really considering cutting my cals down that low but I appreciate the input.

I decided to track my diet to give more detailed information on here, I generally skip breakfast because I don have much time to get to school in the mornings besides showering.

Skipped breakfast
    Large salad with 1 grilled chicken breast, handful of pecans, and a little bit of cheese. No dressing
    Snack- low fat mozzarella string cheese and 1oz raw almonds
    Come home- 3 whole eggs with salsa and 2 strips bacon(porbably should have gone with another egg or 2 here)
    Now Im about to drink pre-jym for my pre-workout, followed by post-jym(what can I say, Im a Jim Stopanni fan)
    And then Ill eat another 2 meals later on

Wish I could give exact macros but I didnt measure out the salad and weigh the chicken but Im starting to change my diet to be set-up for carb back loading. Simply because it honestly seems like what would work best with my schedule of work and school and the earliest I can ever get in the gym is 7pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imo the most important meal of the day is Post workout meal. Way more important than breakfast. But if breakfast could be done, especially HIGH fat, would always be very beneficial for fat burn throughout the day.

Jim has a sick physique, and it looks real good with the tatts!
    What were you're last 2 meals like? About how many grams of protein did you consume throughout the day? (a rough estimate).