User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Burly's 30 years of change...

Its been a few months... thought I'd chime in again. Continuing to recomp slowly. Not sure if pictures will show it, but I continue to slowly get leaner and more vascular. Scale had me at 180 even tonight.

All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking SWOLE...

How are the lifts coming along?
    Have you got your TRT nailed down yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Looking SWOLE...

How are the lifts coming along?
    Have you got your TRT nailed down yet?
    Thanks.

Bench is doing OK... somewhere north of 300.

Its been months since I injured myself doing deads, but I'm gearing up to incorporate them again.

Leg training has taken a back seat as my knee pain continues to plague me. I'm just happy for the days I can climb stairs or a ladder. Probably will be pursuing surgery in the coming year.

TRT is still getting worked out. My levels have been all over the board, so we continue to do blood work about every 10 weeks. As soon as we can find a happy middle ground we will go to blood work every 6 months. Overall feeling pretty good, though I feel better with the higher test levels that she doesn't like seeing.

Thanks for asking.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you had any work done to your knee(s) before?
    My dad has had 5 knee surgeries due to dirt bike wreaks but they are all the old school butcher jobs. Anyways what I'm getting at is my dads knees are fucked and I've had home pull gluten out of his diet and he's shocked at how much better his knees and whole body feels and he can now go up/down stairs normal instead baby steps/having to have both feet on the same step before moving to the next. He told me yesterday that they feel good enough again now that he probably won't be getting both his knees replaced like he thought several months ago.

Not sure how much you believe in the whole gluten deal but its worth a shot since you have nothing to lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Have you had any work done to your knee(s) before?
    My dad has had 5 knee surgeries due to dirt bike wreaks but they are all the old school butcher jobs. Anyways what I'm getting at is my dads knees are fucked and I've had home pull gluten out of his diet and he's shocked at how much better his knees and whole body feels and he can now go up/down stairs normal instead baby steps/having to have both feet on the same step before moving to the next. He told me yesterday that they feel good enough again now that he probably won't be getting both his knees replaced like he thought several months ago.

Not sure how much you believe in the whole gluten deal but its worth a shot since you have nothing to lose.
    I was strict primal diet for a while, so no grains, no gluten. No improvements noticed during this period. If I did have a gluten allergy, I'm sure I would have noticed something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think my dad had an allergy just inflammation from gluten that most seem to have, but yeah you've been there and done that.
    Well at least it seems like I hear lots of good things about knee replacement and surgeries now so you'll end up coming out fixed up.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, definitely can see difference. Belly is much smaller, as a matter of fact its quite good progress.
    As for TRT, well, you know how unhappy I was (and I am) with your endo. At one point you were nearly there, and then she decided that your tt is too high which was incorrect, in reality I would say your tt was in acceptable range.
    BTW, In most countries urologists can prescribe TRT as well, and usually they have more understanding, so that may be way to go...

In any case, glad to gear from you bro'. Keep good work going!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 somm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job Burly, keep it up Bro!!

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Yeah, definitely can see difference. Belly is much smaller, as a matter of fact its quite good progress.
    As for TRT, well, you know how unhappy I was (and I am) with your endo. At one point you were nearly there, and then she decided that your tt is too high which was incorrect, in reality I would say your tt was in acceptable range.
    BTW, In most countries urologists can prescribe TRT as well, and usually they have more understanding, so that may be way to go...

In any case, glad to gear from you bro'. Keep good work going!
    Exactly, I use my Urologist for my TRT, much more understanding and cares more about how I feel overall then what the labs show. Plus he is very generous when I ask for an AI.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are we going to get a throwback to those pink shorts??
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!