User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Will showing this to wifey make a difference?

Just had my 21st anniversary last week. I gave her a card when she woke up and she looked at me puzzled and said "is it this week?" I posted a nice message in FB for her to see that day. I served up a delicious steak dinner with veggies sauteed in butter.

She ate it without saying thank you, and was more interested in what was on her phone than having a conversation. Sex? Umm, not even remotely on the menu. I was just glad she went to bed early.

This was poor behavior, even for her, and I went to bed shaking my head in confusion. But I shook it off, knowing she has a lot on her plate at work right now and is under a lot of stress. I guess that's how I've stayed married so long. Lol.

Benjamin Franklin once said "Before marriage, keep your eyes wide open. After marriage, keep your eyes half closed." Pretty good advice, I'd say.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O'Ryan...kids are a blessing for sure but also add a level of complexity to what you've stated already! The cool part is that kids are very simple compared to the chick in my opinion.

Burly...that is kinda crazy cause had you not done all those things you could potentially be considered 'not caring' about your anniversary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love is... thinking about killing her, but deciding not to.

Sounds horrible, I know, but if you've been in a relationship long enough, you too will make that decision. Lol
    Last edited by burlyman30; 11-27-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very vocal about my feelings and she know what I need, yet she doesn't seem to ever truly care. I do all the "Great guy" stuff like post amazing facebook comments on her page, I shower with her with love day in and day out, I cook, clean, kiss her, and I am affectionate with her. But I get very little back, I guess my first post was me just being a little pissed from one of our earlier arguments from the week. I love this woman to death, but it's just very hard for me to take the Burly approach. I won't be taking that approach anytime soon. I'm a young buck, and we're pretty much newly weds, this shouldn't be happening. If I was an A$$hole, didn't clean, cook, or help with handy man stuff around the house, I guess I could expect what I'm getting now, but I just don't feel I'm getting my fair piece of the pizza.
    POWERLIFTERS PUT IT DEEPER IN THE WHOLE!!! WHAT???!!!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't lol. Ive never been married so no experience there, I was engaged earlier this year... but well that didn't last haha. Glad im young, moved from LA to Vegas so im sure ill be fine
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its pretty common for women to work toward getting the ring on their finger, but their not always so good at doing those things once the ring is on. But to be fair, the same thing often happens with guys.

Best thing I have going for me is my wife and I are good friends, and someone worth "doing life" with. So while I call her on some stuff, I let other stuff roll off my shoulder, because that's what a good friend does. That foundation has gotten us through some pretty rough times. At year 6, I wasn't sure we'd make it. 7 year itch came a year early and needed scratching.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 11-27-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wise Words of Burly
    Been juicing since CapriSun

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    Women don't care about our needs, all they care about is themselves. But boy oh boy, if we don't take their needs into consideration we're in hot water. Don't get married guys!
    Ryan has summed this topic up in three small sentences, you sir are a got damn genius.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    You may be better of showing it to one of your female bb friends, or neighbours.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose you could try this

surprisingly Ive gotten better than expected feedback from it lol

Kinda sad seeing some of these comments, but I know how you guys feel. A year ago I backed out of my engagement because I started to realize things that just werent gonna work, its amazing that people can change once they get that ring they really wanted.

Now Im 24 and dating 18 and 19 year old college girls making up for all that lost time