User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstrand View Post
    I'm guessing this is why all the literature I read for men supplimenting with DHEA are using dosages of 25 to 100 mgs per day. At these doses, do you see E2 as being an issue? What dosage range do you think E2 would become a problem on DHEA?
    As with any hormone it depends on lot of different factors- DHEA(s) levels mostly, there are some folks with high DHEA(s) levels and for them any dose would be to high, on other hand those with low levels can take a lot without problems, and there are people with high DHEA,
    even with people with "adrenal fatigue" some of them have low cortisol but high DHEA(s)
    also depends if it is oral or transdermal DHEA as they have a bit different pathways and also lot of oral gets destroyed in liver, so roughly if one is taking transdermal needs 3X less than if taking oral,
    IMO best option is to start with pregnenolone and then eventually add DHEA if it does not top up enough,
    and probably easiest (and cheapest) option with pregnenolone is to monitor Progesterone levels, if progesterone levels becoming high than one can reduce pregnenolone dosage, and there should be no problems with E2 either.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    As with any hormone it depends on lot of different factors- DHEA(s) levels mostly, there are some folks with high DHEA(s) levels and for them any dose would be to high, on other hand those with low levels can take a lot without problems, and there are people with high DHEA,
    even with people with "adrenal fatigue" some of them have low cortisol but high DHEA(s)
    also depends if it is oral or transdermal DHEA as they have a bit different pathways and also lot of oral gets destroyed in liver, so roughly if one is taking transdermal needs 3X less than if taking oral,
    IMO best option is to start with pregnenolone and then eventually add DHEA if it does not top up enough,
    and probably easiest (and cheapest) option with pregnenolone is to monitor Progesterone levels, if progesterone levels becoming high than one can reduce pregnenolone dosage, and there should be no problems with E2 either.
    On my next set of bloods, I'm getting DHEAs - DHEA has a short half life compared to DHEAs and my DHEA was low so I would presume my DHEAs to also be low. Better to confirm it. My concern with solely using Pregnenolone is that my body has been cronically stressed and it might be more inclined to convert Preg to Progesterone rather than DHEA.
    Beside healing, I can see this as a useful tool to keeping hormones optimized. I mean, you can take a small dose and monitor E to see if there's an uptick. I think if you can suppliment DHEA (assuming some deficiency) and at the same time, keep E conversion to a minimum or none at all - you get some pretty good benefits, like a jump in IGF levels, increased resistance to stress, better sleep etc.
    It looks like you can take a low dose for the several months needed to revitalize the bodys DHEA/DHEAs levels and then taper off. Not sure if this would be the best approach?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DHEA(s) tests tend to be more acurate, we could also say that it is storage which can be easily used by body, thats why I suggest to test it, altough as I said it earlier testing progesterone is good enough,
    now honestly, there are lot of benefts from DHEA including anti-ageing- but you need to know that you will not feel much of it, you'll find lot of post that claim that they felt this and that, but its because they either used combination (like pregnenolone) or their estrogen was lowish so they felt their estrogen levels raise,
    rarely people with poor adrenal output "feel" improvement,
    overall small amounts like 25 mg are completely harmless and even 50 mg are ok for majority (oral DHEA) and benefits are there but they will not be rally noticed, and they can be used without need to "cycle" it, and it will have major effect on its production in body, and once person stops using it its level will be returned to baseline.
    Again, I'm fan of using pregnenolone (or pregnenolone with little bit of DHEA) and that aproach has been proven as best, even onthis forum there are repots that prove that theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DHEA(s) tests tend to be more acurate, we could also say that it is storage which can be easily used by body, thats why I suggest to test it, altough as I said it earlier testing progesterone is good enough,
    now honestly, there are lot of benefts from DHEA including anti-ageing- but you need to know that you will not feel much of it, you'll find lot of post that claim that they felt this and that, but its because they either used combination (like pregnenolone) or their estrogen was lowish so they felt their estrogen levels raise,
    rarely people with poor adrenal output "feel" improvement,
    overall small amounts like 25 mg are completely harmless and even 50 mg are ok for majority (oral DHEA) and benefits are there but they will not be rally noticed, and they can be used without need to "cycle" it, and it will have major effect on its production in body, and once person stops using it its level will be returned to baseline.
    Again, I'm fan of using pregnenolone (or pregnenolone with little bit of DHEA) and that aproach has been proven as best, even onthis forum there are repots that prove that theory.
    Awesome info! Thanks Jelisej for the feedback
    and thanks Strong_Guy for starting this thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would be a good starting dose for Pregnenolone? Is there any limitation on duration/amount of time on?
    Last edited by silverstrand; 09-08-2015 at 12:48 PM.