Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SHBG and gains

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHBG and gains

will higher SHBG reduce gains from a cycle?

came across a study showing that SHBG is raised when ralox is used, don't want to be cheating myself by using ralox this whole cycle... :/

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you using it the whole cycle?
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't want gyno to get worse.

using prami aromasin ralox masteron all the way through. it's working, on tren it has shrank very minimally or stayed the same. before tren with just test and mast and var it was shrinking noticeably. at this point i am happy with it but would be pissed if i saw it return to how it was.

if you look at my contest pics you can actually see the gyno poking out on my right side cause of that pec being flexed, if i took the same pic it would no longer be visible

prami went up for tren though and will go back down before going back up again for PCT.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ok I see, idk I haven't seen many people run it throughout a whole cycle. Ive personally never had to use it the duration of a cycle, Asin and/or Mast has always been enough to combat it for me. Ive only used ralox after it had formed. In for answers tho
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhigh View Post
    Oh ok I see, idk I haven't seen many people run it throughout a whole cycle. Ive personally never had to use it the duration of a cycle, Asin and/or Mast has always been enough to combat it for me. Ive only used ralox after it had formed. In for answers tho
    i just ran it right from the get go, not sure if i need it. i suspect it is the least effective of the 3 things i am running that combat gyno.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all this androgens, I have serious doubts that your SHBG will be high, probably will be reduced close to zero- if not zero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah. I don't understand SHBG jel, would I have better gains if it were higher?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok-1. Anabolic hormones generally reduce SHBG. These include testosterone, DHEA, insulin, DHT, and growth hormone.
    2. Thyroid hormone (T3 mainly) , Estrogens, and Progesterone (by increasing estrogen receptors/sensitivity), increase SHBG.
    In the absence of insulin resistance, the most common other cause of low SHBG is a very high level of other anabolic hormones

Basically downside of high SHBG is that it basically makes hormones unavailable- as they are bound by SHBG and floating in blood (there are research that say that testosterone bound by SHBG has its own receptors and it may have some effect but all evidence says that that effect is not really noticable)
    basically free hormones are one doing most of hard work- so if SHBG goes high there will be less effect

Low SHBG has its own dangers- with low SHBG testosterone is free, but is also E2 and for "gyno sensitive people" (if that category really exist) are likely to earn themselves gyno if not controling E2 properly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Ok-1. Anabolic hormones generally reduce SHBG. These include testosterone, DHEA, insulin, DHT, and growth hormone.
    2. Thyroid hormone (T3 mainly) , Estrogens, and Progesterone (by increasing estrogen receptors/sensitivity), increase SHBG.
    In the absence of insulin resistance, the most common other cause of low SHBG is a very high level of other anabolic hormones

Basically downside of high SHBG is that it basically makes hormones unavailable- as they are bound by SHBG and floating in blood (there are research that say that testosterone bound by SHBG has its own receptors and it may have some effect but all evidence says that that effect is not really noticable)
    basically free hormones are one doing most of hard work- so if SHBG goes high there will be less effect

Low SHBG has its own dangers- with low SHBG testosterone is free, but is also E2 and for "gyno sensitive people" (if that category really exist) are likely to earn themselves gyno if not controling E2 properly
    thanks bud. i had read some theories about shbg being required to transport androgens to their target tissues, and that low shbg = bad for gains.

good to have that cleared up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the potential problem is that for example testosterone without SHBG has relatively short life and probably other AAS- so it is possible that some gear can metabolised before it exerts its effect- but thats where frequent dosing kicks in.
    And also lot of gear is bound to esters and are released gradually.
    In reality having bit of SHBG is a good- but thats hard or next to impossible to achieve, but I'm pretty sure that low is better than too high (on cycle).
    Last edited by Jelisej; 12-06-2013 at 08:52 PM.