User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other day i was reading about Mihály Csíkszentmihályi flow model- and "Flow is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity. "

Challenges to staying in flow

Some of the challenges to staying in flow include states of apathy, boredom, and anxiety. Being in a state of apathy is characterized when challenges are low and one’s skill level is low producing a general lack of interest in the task at hand. Boredom is a slightly different state in that it occurs when challenges are low, but one’s skill level exceeds those challenges causing one to seek higher challenges. Lastly, a state of anxiety occurs when challenges are so high that they exceed one’s perceived skill level causing one great distress and uneasiness. These states in general differ from being in a state of flow, in that flow occurs when challenges match one’s skill level.

More copy-paste from same theory:
    The autotelic personality

Csíkszentmihályi hypothesized that people with several very specific personality traits may be better able to achieve flow more often than the average person. These personality traits include curiosity, persistence, low self-centeredness, and a high rate of performing activities for intrinsic reasons only. People with most of these personality traits are said to have an autotelic personality.

Up to now, there is not much research on the autotelic personality, but results of the few studies that have been conducted suggest that indeed some people are more prone to experience flow than others. One researcher (Abuhamdeh, 2000) found that people with an autotelic personality have a greater preference for "high-action-opportunity, high-skills situations that stimulate them and encourage growth" compared to those without an autotelic personality.It is in such high-challenge, high-skills situations that people are most likely to enter the flow state.

Experimental evidence shows that a balance between skills of the individual and demands of the task (compared to boredom and overload) only elicits flow experiences in individuals characterized by an internal locus of control or a habitual action orientation.Several correlational studies found need for achievement to be a personal characteristic that fosters flow experiences.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 12-21-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, very interesting read, thank you.
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you could have and super power what would it be?

As a Jedi I often wonder about what you humans would want?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its very hard question actually, I think I would go for Superhuman mentality, which means I would have intelligence of genius and ability to expand psychic skills like psychokinesis, telepathy etc...

Jedi's choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh I totally know what you mean, I kinda have those same powers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently found out my power animal is a Wolverine and a Fox is close second

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhigh View Post
    Ahhh I totally know what you mean, I kinda have those same powers.
    Hahaha, yeah, you are definitely one of the most intelligent members of forum, and you have lot of good qualities- if you improve your mental skills further, self beleive, you'll get far...

What would be your choice:

Vampire of werewolf?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol thanks. Yeah ive been out of college for a year now my brain does need some improvements.

Ahh good question. werewolf's are very fast and strong and are pretty much disease resistant. Also they can be in human form as well, plus I would have a pretty awesome howl to get the ladies. plus warm blooded and werewolves are more intelligent.

A vampire would be cool cause I can fly and bite people. However they are cold blooded, and I don't like salty things ie blood. Also they are too white and I like the sun and a nice tan

Ill go with a werewolf.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    out of college for a year? You need to continue your studies IMO, I think your strength is friendly nature, decent communication, you're clever and posses kind of charm so you need to go to higher levels otherwise you'll be eaten by sharks on lower level, as you have too good nature, and bit lack of aggression/drive...

People who turn werewolf turn only at certain times, and they are out of control at that times- tough benefits are that they are disease resistant.

Vampires- they are very intelligent, and enjoy longevity (almost immortality). They cannot fly (thats hollywood I think), and they must avoid sun (which kind of sucks), they are good in bed.

I would go for vampire.

Other day at work, we had big debate: batman vs spiderman, batman is quite sofisticated and clever, but in the end I went for spiderman. Spiderman had majority of votes. You see you are not only bored person.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 12-21-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I love you Jel. Yeah its been a year ive had too many things I had to deal with to start grad school. Im going to start grad school in spring, I just moved to Vegas so im on a waiting list to start. I totally agree on the lack of aggression and drive, that's fell off a bit after this year. Howver im in a new place, new settings, and left the bad behind me, just rewiring my brain again. Crazy how you can read into all of that just from my posts, you do have some superhuman powers!!

I like your breakdown of both, I would like to live a long life. How about im a vampwolf? Tough, fast, intelligent, longevity, and good in bed