User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mensa International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've tested 128 and 133 I think, long time ago, at this moment I dont think I would do well.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eeesh good job Burly!! I tested about 6 years ago and got 119, I want to do it again. Can ones IQ increase?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Mensa International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've tested 128 and 133 I think, long time ago, at this moment I dont think I would do well.
    Very intelligent people on this board, good job guys
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can one increase? Somewhat, but not significantly.
    I dont know how to explain but there are different segments of intelligence- for example you overall is around 120 but in some segment you may be really good, and in some not so.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mines around 130. I don't think it's a good measure of how smart someone is though. Just part of it. I know plenty of "smart" people that are complete dumbasses. Common sense is much more applicable to life in most cases....
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can one increase? Somewhat, but not significantly.
    I dont know how to explain but there are different segments of intelligence- for example you overall is around 120 but in some segment you may be really good, and in some not so.
    Oh ok I understand what you mean, interesting. Thank you for the info

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Mines around 130. I don't think it's a good measure of how smart someone is though. Just part of it. I know plenty of "smart" people that are complete dumbasses. Common sense is much more applicable to life in most cases....
    Geeez another lol, thats awesome. Yeah I agree with you, I just find the whole IQ test thing interesting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I kind of agree, I am sort of example of you theory but test did show it- basically I had one segment really poor, and in real life when someone tries to explain something to me I struggle a lot, sometimes its like people speak Chinese to me, but on other side in some other areas I'm extremely good, my logic was 100 % and analytical skills are good.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Bored man is bored thread

I kind of agree, I am sort of example of you theory but test did show it- basically I had one segment really poor, and in real life when someone tries to explain something to me I struggle a lot, sometimes its like people speak Chinese to me, but on other side in some other areas I'm extremely good, my logic was 100 % and analytical skills are good.
    "Speaking Chinese" is a good analogy. I don't know why my spatial skills are so poor, but I don't think any amount of studying would help to a large degree. It simply doesn't compute. Algebra made sense to me in school, but geometry was "Chinese" to me.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember the breakdown of mine, Im going to retake it eventually just too see what it is

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then of course, emotional intelligence, which like common sense isn't really analyzed too well in an IQ test. And emotional intelligence is HUGE. To succeed, you HAVE to be good at interacting with people in some form or another. Communication, making friends, networking, etc IMO are just as important as doing a bunch of school in terms of being successful.

I'm horrific at math so if a particular IQ test has more math than another one, I generally score less. It's somewhat of an indicator of intelligence but then it's also not. You gotta get to know people to really see how smart they are. Regardless of what they did or didn't score on a test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm chilli cheese friesss