Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bored man is bored thread

Quote Originally Posted by ryhigh View Post
    Thanks for the info. My investment is rather small and the rest is from close family friends who have way more experience and knowledge in fields you listed. I would have relatively low risk, my biggest investment would be me, my time, having to go there to get the business started and running properly. I was just curious about the experiences of moving to a new country ie. culture shock, and adjusting to a completely new environment and all that that would entail.

How was it for you to move to a new country?
    When i moved to Korea 20 years ago, i was, and thought of myself as, pretty cosmopolitan. I could function in a couple, very different European languages, i had lived for brief periods in a couple different countries and i had travelled extensively, not just on vacations but on business in ways that required more than tourist's passing familiarity with a place. Relocating as a long term expat is so different in extent to amount to a difference in kind. As a cosmopolitan, one exists in a kind of a cocoon of homogenous global culture that in effect insulates one from the real local thing. When you are boots on the ground "behind enemy lines" with no transplanted suburban American base in which to refuge, culture shock will set in and hit hard at some point. Most people recoil and try to find a substitute cocoon. Here it's the big US bases that, unlike most places in the world, are pretty readily accessible to ordinary citizens w/ US passports, and various expat organizations. These are all OK as long as one doesn't become dependent on them as a crutch to avoid full and deep involvement in the local culture. The key to that is language, and your first priority ought to be acquiring or perfecting a reasonable degree of fluency in the local lingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 4 (100%) Enuke65's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone move to a different country before? Just wondering experiences if so... Im looking into a possible investment opportunity that would require me moving to Costa Rica for a extended period of time.
    how old are you man?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. My investment is rather small and the rest is from close family friends who have way more experience and knowledge in fields you listed. I would have relatively low risk, my biggest investment would be me, my time, having to go there to get the business started and running properly. I was just curious about the experiences of moving to a new country ie. culture shock, and adjusting to a completely new environment and all that that would entail.

How was it for you to move to a new country?
    Not sure of the best way to say this, so I'm just going to say it. If you move to a very foreign country, particularly countries of the third world type, you're going to have a mark on your back. You're going to be a target. EVERYONE wants to get one over on the gringo, should you be going to Costa Rico that is. This isn't just reflective of street level thugs either. It's like this all the way up the chain, from blue collar to white collar. Just be careful
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enuke65 View Post
    how old are you man?
    Ill be 24 in a couple weeks
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Not sure of the best way to say this, so I'm just going to say it. If you move to a very foreign country, particularly countries of the third world type, you're going to have a mark on your back. You're going to be a target. EVERYONE wants to get one over on the gringo, should you be going to Costa Rico that is. This isn't just reflective of street level thugs either. It's like this all the way up the chain, from blue collar to white collar. Just be careful
    Yeah that's one of my main concerns. I know quite a few Americans already down there running a different business and they haven't had any problems, not to say I wont. Im going to spend a lot of time down there before I make any commitments to moving if things go thru. It would be about a year from now that I would be going if I do. Idk its a lot to take in, appreciate the advice.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's one of my main concerns. I know quite a few Americans already down there running a different business and they haven't had any problems, not to say I wont. Im going to spend a lot of time down there before I make any commitments to moving if things go thru. It would be about a year from now that I would be going if I do. Idk its a lot to take in, appreciate the advice.
    Be prepared to bribe......I spent four months in Panama and Costa Rico and was just shocked at how customary it is for people to bribe each other. Call it being naive.....but damn it was pervasive. Everywhere, at every level. Made me proud to be from a country where we actually try to hide it at least.....
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot about this thread, ill post here so I stop derailing Vaynez thread. Sorry broseph

- - - Updated - - -

Markam feel free to record a song for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where has OD been? I haven't seen him on for a while...

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Bored man is bored thread

Where has OD been? I haven't seen him on for a while...
    Busy with life and biz and still hitting the iron. He's good and I'll tell him you asked.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)