Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Markam, hey. How hard is it to learn the piano? Is it possible without lessons? Theres a beginning of a song I really want to be able to play some day lol. I learned the drums easily, and guitar well im working on it haha but the piano seems on a whole different level.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used to love those GI Joe dub overs haha
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol theyre priceless

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhigh View Post
    Markam, hey. How hard is it to learn the piano? Is it possible without lessons? Theres a beginning of a song I really want to be able to play some day lol. I learned the drums easily, and guitar well im working on it haha but the piano seems on a whole different level.
    I'll rephrase that for you: 'How hard will it be for me to learn the piano'?

Providing you have the 1% of natural musical talent required, the rest is down to you.
    What sort of style would you like to emulate? Oscar Peterson, Elton John, Dr John, (Mac Rebennack)?

Find the style you're most interested in and listen, a lot. Blues is definitely doable without lessons, but I often meet people that want to play more than blues, which the right teacher would help you with. I'd also recommend piano rudiments such as Hanon bk 1. This will really help your technique and strengthen your weaker 4th and 5th fingers.

As in all sorts of training, a proper regime is needed, 30 mins a day (every day) initially.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of further assistance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    I'll rephrase that for you: 'How hard will it be for me to learn the piano'?

Providing you have the 1% of natural musical talent required, the rest is down to you.
    What sort of style would you like to emulate? Oscar Peterson, Elton John, Dr John, (Mac Rebennack)?

Find the style you're most interested in and listen, a lot. Blues is definitely doable without lessons, but I often meet people that want to play more than blues, which the right teacher would help you with. I'd also recommend piano rudiments such as Hanon bk 1. This will really help your technique and strengthen your weaker 4th and 5th fingers.

As in all sorts of training, a proper regime is needed, 30 mins a day (every day) initially.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of further assistance.
    Cool, thanks man! Id say I have more than 1% of musical talent... lol An Elton John style would be pretty cool to learn.. Ill do some research and see what I want to start off with and see what you think.

Hell, me and you can start our own show in Vegas!! "Markam and Ry melt your heart in the desert sky" or something like that haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets try something, this is for any of you fellow SS members who are bored or have a creative urge in you to make this the best story ever created. Dont be shy, add your twist to the story.

There once was a cookie monster named Cookster McCookie the 3rd who loved his performance enhancing cookies. One day after a 2 dozen cookie binge Cookster went to the local farmers market and......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where he bought a whole bunch of oreos cookie_monster_celebrity_meme.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

where a lady cookie monster stole one cookiemonster.jpg