User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw endo today, feeling like shit

Well saw the endo today. She practically pushed me out of the office. almost before I was sitting down she said, "The only concern here is the fasting BG." I asked about the hormones and the gyno, and she said, "Well you're in range and we don't treat normal levels. gynecomastia is treated by surgery." I started to ask about SERMs, and I said, "SERM, an estrogen receptor modulator" (because I wasn't sure if pronouncing SERM as a word like I did would make sense to her) and she said, "I know what a SERM is. they have terrible side effects."
    SHe ordered a re-test in 3 months. I pointed to 4 separate blood draws I had, 1 which was under the range, 1 which was exactly on the cutoff, and 2 which were very marginally "in range", and she just said we'd retest in 3 months. oh and she made it a standing order, as if that will fucking help anything.

as I left the office I was vacillating anger and sadness and blinking back tears. the whole thing took under 5 minutes but was a total and complete waste. i remember there was a bottle of topical estrogen on her desk. i wonder how many countless women she has put on estrogens with not the blink of an eye. enough that she needs a demo bottle on her desk. how many young girls put on synthetic progestins, with very real side effects and dangers? just so they can have unprotected sex with risk of STI transmission. yet to treat me is outside of medical necessity. what a fucking joke

rest of the day I had an appt at a top athletic and performance centre at a university for a program i would have killed to get into 6 months ago, and now they have 3 spots open. was meeting with the director and she even had the associate dean come in and my fucking brain was not there, i babbled and asked stupid questions. saw the gym, it was fucking amazing, then the track outside and the field and everything was great. the canadian women;s rugby team was training. i remembered when i was at that same very campus and was working out in the little hole in the wall shit gym they have for students not in the program and i knew i wanted to come to the athletic centre one day. back then my gym days were full of hope and promise of things to come. but today as i walked out i felt no connection to that gym, old or new. if you would have offered me a full scholarship to that program today i would have declined.

i feel like shit right now and just wanted to vent. thanks for listening

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw endo today, feeling like shit

Take your paperwork and go see another endo - a guy, not another fembot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jack O'Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post

Agree ^^^. See another doc
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Saw endo today, feeling like shit

Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post

I probably lucked out, as my female endo is pretty good. She listens to my concerns, is open to my input, and even takes my suggestions.

Regardless of male or female, though, look for another endo.

Oh, and you didn't hear this from me, but in the event you cannot get another doc, there are ways to make those test numbers drop...
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm sayin take a fat 2.5 month cycle of short esters. feel great the whole time. drop it with no PCT, test 2 weeks after finishing. youll b bottomed the fuckkkk out.

only worry is will there be estrogen rebound...

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you could just pop like 2 dimethylphera that iron legion makes. Not even have to wait a long time for test to be low. 1 10mg dose of superdrol TANKED infamy's test.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^also a good idea, but since shes not testing for 3 months...

Established Member Feedback Score 0 booklifter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    Or you could just pop like 2 dimethylphera that iron legion makes. Not even have to wait a long time for test to be low. 1 10mg dose of superdrol TANKED infamy's test.
    That was the LV stuff though right? Not that typical SD isn't suppressive just that I think his results were atypical in terms of time. Even if it had been mainlined, the feedback loop which causes suppression takes time and there's already (hopefully) a normal float of test that has to be used or eliminated. Also based on my own bloodwork with several different non-LV orals which certainly suppressed me but took their time doing it (compared to infamy's post).

You're right though that orals can be used for this purpose if taken long enough (whatever long enough means). Two things though - first, you'd better hope they don't test anything else which might be affected by liver damage (even a CBC could show elevated platelets, neutrophils, etc., CMP will show ALT, lipid panel will show hdl/ldl distortion) or come up with a good alternate explanation. Second, if the endo is competent, you'll need to time things very carefully so that you're there after LH starts rebounding but before T follows suit. Otherwise you'll be diagnosed with secondary, prescribed clomid if you're lucky, sent to imaging for an MRI if you're not (looking for a pituitary tumor)

For suppression purposes maybe brew up a small batch of trest ace and use that instead of the oral... Just an idea. I haven't tested it and do not recommend or condone it. Just an idea...

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pman, could you please copy-paste bloodworks and all relevant info so I can look at it, as for your doctor- I will not comment to it, but to be honest I deal with a lot of people whom doctors did not help, thing what upsets me most is that sometimes they try to convince patient that "its all in their head" or sometimes they prescribe them "shrinks" pills which makes things worse.
    Anyway, dont worry bro', you'll be fine. Only it will take time, but you'll get there.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pman42 View Post
    Well saw the endo today. She practically pushed me out of the office. almost before I was sitting down she said, "The only concern here is the fasting BG." I asked about the hormones and the gyno, and she said, "Well you're in range and we don't treat normal levels. gynecomastia is treated by surgery." I started to ask about SERMs, and I said, "SERM, an estrogen receptor modulator" (because I wasn't sure if pronouncing SERM as a word like I did would make sense to her) and she said, "I know what a SERM is. they have terrible side effects."
    SHe ordered a re-test in 3 months. I pointed to 4 separate blood draws I had, 1 which was under the range, 1 which was exactly on the cutoff, and 2 which were very marginally "in range", and she just said we'd retest in 3 months. oh and she made it a standing order, as if that will fucking help anything.

as I left the office I was vacillating anger and sadness and blinking back tears. the whole thing took under 5 minutes but was a total and complete waste. i remember there was a bottle of topical estrogen on her desk. i wonder how many countless women she has put on estrogens with not the blink of an eye. enough that she needs a demo bottle on her desk. how many young girls put on synthetic progestins, with very real side effects and dangers? just so they can have unprotected sex with risk of STI transmission. yet to treat me is outside of medical necessity. what a fucking joke

rest of the day I had an appt at a top athletic and performance centre at a university for a program i would have killed to get into 6 months ago, and now they have 3 spots open. was meeting with the director and she even had the associate dean come in and my fucking brain was not there, i babbled and asked stupid questions. saw the gym, it was fucking amazing, then the track outside and the field and everything was great. the canadian women;s rugby team was training. i remembered when i was at that same very campus and was working out in the little hole in the wall shit gym they have for students not in the program and i knew i wanted to come to the athletic centre one day. back then my gym days were full of hope and promise of things to come. but today as i walked out i felt no connection to that gym, old or new. if you would have offered me a full scholarship to that program today i would have declined.

i feel like shit right now and just wanted to vent. thanks for listening
    This shit right here is exactly why so many in the bodybuilding community self medicate. You have hordes of so-called experts that cannot find their ass with both hands when it comes to the field of andrology. A good many endos have absolutely no idea how to effectively treat low T, much less those with post AAS suppression.

When you look at some of the asinine TRT protocols being prescribed by garden-variety endos, you don't need to be a medical expert yourself to realize these people have a limited understanding of 'fixing' male hormones.

My best advice to you, find an endo who has a basic grasp on what you're experiencing. If what they're attempting doesn't work, try self help. SERMS and dopamine antagonists are available for research purposes. Why suffer because someone who should know better isn't doing anything to help you?