User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liftmode Tribulus (90% steroidal saponins)

Tribulus terrestris.

Say that word on fitness forums and you'll get a breadth of opinionated feedback. People either really love it or they really hate it.

Animal studies have shown that it has positive effects on LH levels, thus having a direct and positive impact upon testosterone. Its efficacy in the human body, however, is widely debated.

A human study concluded that it really didn't have any impact upon body composition or muscle mass. But what quality of tribulus were they giving these people and how potent was it?

Most commercially available tribulus products contain between 20 and 45 percent steroidal saponins known as protodioscin. In the past I've used NOW brand Tribulus at 1,000mg 3x daily. It's inexpensive and for me, it produced benefits. Actually, I appreciate this herb very much in the proper context.

I did not slather on pounds and pounds of muscle. I did not break personal records by the dozens of pounds. But what I did find was that it provided me with extra energy, especially during workouts; a slight increase in appetite and a serious kick in the pants to my metabolism.

Tribulus leans me out. The most vascular and shredded I've ever been on a natty protocol is on tribulus. It's leaning effects have been quite remarkable.

Now, fast forward to 2014.

I ordered some Liftmode tribulus, which unlike my former go-to supplement which came in at 45-percent saponins, contains a whopping 90 percent. Included in my order was a lab report with all sorts of purity test results. Pretty cool stuff.

I started it on Monday. And like a good tribulus supplement, I picked up the energy increase (it has always been somewhat like a caffeine product to me). I've been dosing it at 500mg 3x daily to assess tolerance to it. But for under $25 shipped to my door, I got a 300 gram tub. Even at 3,000mg a day, which I plan to work up to, that's a shit load of trib for the money -- and pure trib at that.

The taste is not the most appealing thing in the world. It actually tastes like you'd cut open a bag of black tea leaves and start chewing on them. But I'm a big boy, and not everything tastes good in the quest for desirable body composition.

I've found it's easiest to take a drink of water and hold it in my mouth while 'shooting' the powder. If you try this stuff, do not mix it with food or a beverage, unless the dilution is very heavy. It's a 10 out of 10 on the bitterness scale.

I'm doing a round of P90x on the 'Mass' schedule right now. I'll report in with updates on what I feel from the tribulus as time progresses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appetite has increased significantly. I have a nice energy lift and vascularity is slightly enhanced. Not bad. The ability to eat more this week has helped change the number on the scale. I also seem to feel a slight upswing in libido, but that's a pretty common effect from tribulus. Everything is basically on par with what I've experienced using tribulus 3 grams a day at 45% standardization before and I'm doing half the dose. Going up to 3g a day to see if it enhances things.

My only gripe is the taste. It wasn't so bad the first couple of days, but whew, it's verrrrrrrry bitter stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

The taste is almost as bad as when Primordial Performance made liquid Phyto Testosterone.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If for nothing but a general knowledge of the product itself I'll be following along.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, LBC.

I noticed today during the Chest, Shoulders and Triceps P90x workout that I had a lot of gas in the tank. Energy and stamina was probably the best it has ever been. P90x is no joke, contrary to what I thought before actually giving it a try. And I'm on the modified "mass" schedule right now, using a weighted vest and heavy dumbbell work.

The push today was great. And again, understanding tribulus in the proper context, this is where it has always shined for me. I have always had really nice energy increases from it. And I think there is a pretty wide belief out there that it is definitely pro-sexual in nature, as many guys report a libido increase on it.

But on top of everything else, it's ridiculously cheap. If you're a responder, it's money well spent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking deeply into the tribulus debate last night and a lot of different questions and theories ran through my mind. I alluded to the split opinions on tribulus in my original post. It's fascinating to me why we have a fairly devout group of people who swear tribulus works. They report things like accelerated facial hair growth, acne, more energy and an enhanced libido -- all things we'd typically associate with something being androgenic. But on the other hand, we have an established number people who have either used it and claimed no effects or a peanut gallery of people that sit and call bullshit without ever trying it.

I remembered reading an article a couple of years ago where a person or company (I cannot recall who) tested a number of different tribulus supplements on the market which claimed standardizations between 20 and 45 % and determined that many of them did not meet the claim. This might help explain why we have a group of users who had no effects and it also might account for some of the flaws in the human study.

In other words, lots of supplement companies are selling bunk trib products.

It wasn't until fairly recently that there was a reliable way to test the steroidal saponin content of tribulus. And it wasn't until fairly recently that you began seeing standardizations in the 80 to 90 percent range.

I can tell you as a tribulus responder that the benefits have been consistent. And as I said before, for 300 grams at 90% standardization, it's cheap.

This thread piqued my interest last night and raises a lot of good points. Give this a read if you're intrigued like me.

Tribulus Terrestris: Worthless or Unjustifiably Chastized? Part I

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link me to this product. I'll try it out post pct

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Link me to this product. I'll try it out post pct
    Amazon.com: Tribulus Terrestris Extract - 300 Grams (10.58 Oz) - 90% Saponins - FBA: Health Personal Care

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the rundown of what I've been experiencing thus far, now dosing 1,000mg 3x daily:

1. A consistent increase in energy. I have lots of gas in the tank for some very strenuous workouts.

2. Increased appetite. Two nights ago I did my workout, had a P90x recovery drink with whole milk (tastes just like orange sherbet) and whey immediately thereafter. An hour later I had a footlong roasted chicken breast on wheat from Subway loaded with veggies. An hour later I was back in the kitchen making another meal. And before bed I ate the hell out of some turkey jerky and string cheese. This is hands down the best appetite stimulator I've ever taken. Nothing else natural has even come close.

I'm able to eat so much that I've put on almost four pounds. I'm training harder than I have in a good while, and there appears to be no consequence to body composition. Trib has always shined for me in this respect.

3. Acne on my arms, a couple of zits on my face, some zits on my back and upper trunk. Nothing too severe, but it's pronounced.

4. Good pumps and vascularity. As I said before, trib has always shined for me in this area.

CONS

A couple of times after dosing I felt a bit overstimulated and on the edge of a headache. That seems to be smoothing out.

The taste, as I've mentioned before, is pretty god awful. It's a cross between Guinness beer and black tea leaves.

The powder is pretty messy of you don't 'shoot' it just right. I got some stuck in my beard and had to wash it out.

Other than that, I'm pleased.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Killed it last week. I trained a solid five days and ate like a champ. Felt good and strong, really alpha, til the last drop.

Played a late-night gig Saturday and stayed up all night. Got a few hours of sleep Sunday and then had to get up and paint a garage for several hours. The stomach bug has gone through all the children in my house and my girlfriend. I escaped it until Sunday night when the shits hit me. It took me out of the game for a couple of days, but I'm back now.

In any event, sex drive is reaching a high I can't even explain. Still recovering and somewhat weak yesterday, I was ridiculously horny. Knocked one off with the girl during my lunch break, after I got off work and again after dinner. On top of all that, I still had crazy nocturnal and morning wood. It's like it didn't take anything out of me.

Whether tribulus has the actual impact on LH that it is believed to isn't exactly clear to me, but it is incredibly pro-sexual and energizing.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try GHRP-2 if you want an appetite increase..

on cycle, weight had stabilized, and wasn't really trying to gain much more as i already gained 20.. started GHRP 2 on thursday and by monday had eaten so much i was up 14 lbs.

when the vial runs out i won't be using any more for a while lol, back to ipamorelin. but yeah, highly effective. time to lose some of that weight lol