User Tag List

Thread: Insulin?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insulin?

No clue where this should go, please move if there is a better sub forum for it.

I'm out of the gym for a good week with the flu, so I've been reading random stuff on cycles. Insulin came up, and it has me intrigued.

What is the popular use of slin for BB purposes? I keep hearing about it and how it is widely used, but every time I try to find dosage info, the results are "its not for noobs, get off the forum" (on other websites).

Can anyone give a good rundown on its functions and dosage frequency/volume?

Not really considering this, right now at least, but I love knowledge and this is an itch I need to scratch.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Insulin?

I used it in the old days while bulking, as it's ability to stimulate appetite was phenomenal.

I was fortunate enough to have a diabetic friend who walked me through getting started, which was a big help. If you do it wrong, you can die, so its usage is not to be taken lightly.

Some of the bullet points...

Regular, not long-acting insulin.... so if you screw up, you can correct it quickly.

Always ALWAYS have food/carbs/glucose source WITH YOU after an injection.

Start with very small amounts to start in order to test the waters... 2ius maybe.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've been reading that it has deadly side effects for high dosage, or dosing without glucose.

I'm more curious about its use either during post-workout and during PCT. I seem to be getting mixed answers on what I read.

I've read that it can harm/increase recovery time in PCT, but I've also read the opposite, that it can stimulate test production (not directly though).
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess for appetite or putting on a lot of weight it's fine. But meh. It doesn't seem like it's all that great.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok basic rundown for insulin.

Do not use long acting insulin unless very VERY experienced with how your body is affected and reacts to insulin and your carb source! There are times where 10iu will be totally cool with 100g sugar and other times where it won't you go hypo and if you're on the couch or some shit you won't notice till you get up which you DO NOT want.

Short acting like Humalog, or Humulin R is what you want. You can't get Humalog at the pharmacy without a script but you can get Humulin R without a script it's like $27 for a vial down here which lasts FOREVER.

Now what does insulin do? Insulin is created by the beta cells of the pancreas to FORCE sugar out of the blood. This is done by telling the cells to open up and take the extra sugar. Now the order is the sugar will be taken up by hungry muscles, then forced into muscles until they are full then extra goes to fat cells. This is very important because of you have think about it fat people who sit around get fat because the only place for insulin to put blood sugar is in fat cells as their muscles are very rarely used. Now the reason this is good for body building is because you can hyper feed muscles cells by forcing them to except the extra sugar all at once which the body doesn't always do after training.

I wouldn't try taking insulin before a workout it's super unpredictable and working out can lower blood sugar anyway so you don't want insulin there mucking things up along with the workout and your reaction to it on that particular day.

Best way to start is to finish your workout and cardio so your muscles are good and depleted. Administer 5-10iu Humulin R or Humalog. Then wait 5 minutes for Humalog or about 10-15 minutes for Humulin R and consume 10g simples carbs per iu of insulin administered along with 50g protein and creatine and glutamine if you have some. THEN Humalog and Humulin R will usually peak again I believe 1 hr for Humalog and two or so hours for Humulin R at which point you need to have a HUGE meal lots and lots of protein and carbs. Obviously experiment and figure out where your carbs need to be and if you're spilling over and getting fat from too many carbs.

NEVER take your insulin unless you have your carb source WITH you. You can become very disoriented VERY quickly with insulin.

There are many more advanced techniques for insulin but this is the simplest starting point. Hope it helps you guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Res100 the most powerful Testosterone Booster www.WickedSupplements.com
    We Ship World Wide! Save 10% with members only discount: SS10 Order Online: www.OnlineNutrition.com.au

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Eden. What benefits did you notice?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Improved recovery, rounder muscles bellies and improved appetite but only within the limits of the insulin entrance and exit. I think it's great if you have a massive amount of muscle but for me and even now I don't think it's THAT important manipulating carbs and sugars does close to the same for me without dealing with the insulin. Not to say it isn't useful but I think it's a pretty advanced thing and really requires a lot of experimentation.