User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PN Protein - My review

Finally decided to pull the trigger on some PN proteins to see what all the hype's about. I just ordered some of the $9 whey blend to give the tastes a whirl. I had aminogen added.

PROS

First off, I'd like to say that when you scoop out PN protein, you can clearly see how much better of a protein it is than cheap protein powders. It's very fine and silky and mixes very easily. Even if you get a clump, it's very smooth and not gritty. For $9 a pound, this stuff beats the hell out of Six Star by Muscle Tech or EAS any day of the week.

The flavor variety offers something for everyone. I bought two pounds of cinnamon bun, two of blueberry muffin and one pound of banana.

Less bloating, gas and easier digestion. (Although I enjoy grossing bandmates out with my protein farts so this is very bittersweet when I consider that I'm NOT farting off this stuff like a madman).

PN is fast and their customer service rocks.

CONS

I only have one very minor complaint, and that's with the flavors. They're delicious, but the problem in my opinion is that there isn't enough flavor per scoop. I WANT to taste that cinnamon bun flavor, but it's a bit too subtle. Same with the blueberry muffin. Instead I get a hint of flavor in sweet milk. Again, these flavors are too good not to have them brimming out and overpowering the milk.

The blueberry muffin and cinnabun only need to be a little more pronounced, but the banana flavor is almost non-existent. I am most disappointed with it because I can barely taste the banana at all. It's more like sweet cream flavored protein.

Other than that, I will be happily ordering PN Protein from here on out.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice review , I agree on the flavoring on cinnamon bun just a slight bump up would be perfect. With the blueberry muffin I am afraid a boost in the flavor would make it too sweet. Chocolate and Strawberry are very good as the are.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psh I would say they are over flavored. Have you been using like 1 scoop in 16 oz? I do 2 in 12 lol

- - - Updated - - -

Natural peanut butter is the greatest protein flavor of all time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Psh I would say they are over flavored. Have you been using like 1 scoop in 16 oz? I do 2 in 12 lol

- - - Updated - - -

Natural peanut butter is the greatest protein flavor of all time
    No, one scoop to 8 oz. The cinnabun only needs a slight jump. Blueberry muffin as well. But that banana has almost no flavor. It's basically creamy sweetness.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would agree that the flavoring for me has been on and off. I had ordered the strawberry Natural a few times and sometimes it was nice and sweet, other times the same thing would barely taste like anything...
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freepress try adding a sprinkle of cinnamon to the cinnabun. That is what I did and it was perfect. Just that little extra I was looking for. I prefer the flavors a little muted. I would rather add something to bring them out than have them overpowering everything.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over flavored protein is disgusting I really think it's on point as is. My banana is super flavorful here. The banana cream is grossly over flavored.

Blueberry and Cinnabun seem perfect, but I have actually just been adding cinnamon to my blueberry!

Try that natural peanut butter OMG

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect that the flavoring settles to the bottom of the bag so i try and mix the stuff up in its bags. I do 2 scoops in 10oz

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blueberry and coffee. The only two flavors I need anymore.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Over flavored protein is disgusting I really think it's on point as is. My banana is super flavorful here. The banana cream is grossly over flavored.

Blueberry and Cinnabun seem perfect, but I have actually just been adding cinnamon to my blueberry!

Try that natural peanut butter OMG
    I think there may be some validity to the theory, as others have reported, that there is variance in how much flavor you get in each order. Or maybe it's an issue of the flavor settling to the bottom. But I'm here to tell you that my banana has next to no flavor at all. My girlfriend is a huge banana lover (heh, LOL) and I even let her try it, not telling her what flavor it was. She could not pick up on the banana. Said it just tasted like sweet milk.

It's plenty sweet, just has next to no flavor at all.