User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    For some reason, whenever I go heavy on deadz (Friday) my left AC joint area feels annoyingly misplaced throughout the weekend, especially when I wake up (even though I sleep on my right side).

Monday when I hit Delts and back, heavy or high reps It ends up feeling better. I've been seeing a physiotherapist for this issue for 3 weeks now. Been feeling a bit better until last Friday when I attempted my max again in deadz.

Any rehab exercises or stretching that has been working for you personally? I always learn a LOT from you bruh

(sry to kinda hi-jack the purpose of this thread! You could PM me if anything)
    Do you do an over/under grip? If so, what hand is pronated and which is supinated?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3/24

OHP
    170x5
    135x14

Pendlay Row
    205x6x3

Incline DB Press
    70x10
    70x8x2

Lat Pulldowns
    180x10
    200x10x3

Blast Strap Tricep Extensions/Band Pressdowns (light)
    BWx10x3/10x3

DB Curls/Band Front Raise and Pullapart (mini)
    45x10x3/10x3

I got in some really good work today. I was able to get some incline DB in today, which is the first time in a few weeks I've been able to do so. My endurance was down on the sets, but I expected that to be the case all things considered.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Do you do an over/under grip? If so, what hand is pronated and which is supinated?
    Anything beyond 315 I switch to over/under grip. And I vary. I'm stronger with my right hand supinated. But sometimes I switch it to try to get my left grip to catch up in strength. I can't remember if last Friday I attempted it with the right supinated but I'm pretty sure it was the right hand.

Nice training btw! You stayed away from incline DB because of the AC joint? These days I can't do any incline BB press at all... or it would have to be really light and stretched very very carefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Anything beyond 315 I switch to over/under grip. And I vary. I'm stronger with my right hand supinated. But sometimes I switch it to try to get my left grip to catch up in strength. I can't remember if last Friday I attempted it with the right supinated but I'm pretty sure it was the right hand.

Nice training btw! You stayed away from incline DB because of the AC joint? These days I can't do any incline BB press at all... or it would have to be really light and stretched very very carefully.
    Incline hasn't been a bother until recently, but flat and dips have been no go.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a groove issue more than an injury and finding the groove is always week to week.

Injury wise, I've been able to tackle 90% of my hip issues, which have made my lower back very happy. I've finally discovered a way to stretch the fascia of the psoas and piriformis that were causing my hip impingement and lumbar tightness. The white whale lately, though, has been my right AC joint. The inflammation in the area is low, but I have a lot of mid-trap tightness along with an extra tight supraspinatus that I've been unable to correct. I can always do OHP without pain, but other presses cause a hell of a lot of discomfort along with overall instability.
    Can you share this with us? I've been having hip impingement issues as well, and groin/adductor issues as well. My wife is an OT and has been been giving me trigger pt therapy in those areas… It def help, but the other day when squatting, I had an Oh Shit moment when I was coming out of the whole. Felt a pop in the right adductor/groin area. I'm able to walk and air squat, but Im talking a wk or 2 off the give it time to heal. I'll get to work with a PT from her office that specializes in sports injuries. I truthfully feel that my adductors are weak compared to my quads and my hams; I've been having this issue in the left side as well.
    POWERLIFTERS PUT IT DEEPER IN THE WHOLE!!! WHAT???!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving Stenadrol a shot

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    Can you share this with us? I've been having hip impingement issues as well, and groin/adductor issues as well. My wife is an OT and has been been giving me trigger pt therapy in those areas… It def help, but the other day when squatting, I had an Oh Shit moment when I was coming out of the whole. Felt a pop in the right adductor/groin area. I'm able to walk and air squat, but Im talking a wk or 2 off the give it time to heal. I'll get to work with a PT from her office that specializes in sports injuries. I truthfully feel that my adductors are weak compared to my quads and my hams; I've been having this issue in the left side as well.
    The adductors will always be comparatively weak to the quads and hams. The small muscles and connective tissue are often the weak links, which is why I explain gear as something akin to extra connective tissue.

The method I found is something known as ELDOA. It's a French acronym from Guy Voyer and is kinda like ME yoga. The best thing to do is to look it up on YouTube as it's impossible to explain without video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The adductors will always be comparatively weak to the quads and hams. The small muscles and connective tissue are often the weak links, which is why I explain gear as something akin to extra connective tissue.

The method I found is something known as ELDOA. It's a French acronym from Guy Voyer and is kinda like ME yoga. The best thing to do is to look it up on YouTube as it's impossible to explain without video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you, I'll look it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And in the mean time, I will also continue to work the adductors separately as well. I'm going to take a few weeks off from squatting and DLing too.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be looking this up as soon as I get home as well. Thanks for asking about that Randall! Good question!

Administrator Feedback Score 1 (100%) SoCal-Nutrition's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a great chiro that does ART...had my psoaz issues taken care of in 1-2 visits. I could barely walk when I went in...
    www.SoCal-Nutrition.com
    Use Coupon code SWOLE5 to save 5% on all orders
    Prescription Nutrition Now Available!