Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Burly's Mechabol Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    Time for some John Meadows cable face pulls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll see if my shoulders will allow me to do them.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving the progress!! Sucks that this is the last week. Would you say that until recently you've really began to notice increase in ''Strength'' particularly?

Pretty much interested if you would gain and keep some strength after this cycle. I forgot if you mentioned if you'd be running a PCT or not, since I know your on TRT also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Loving the progress!! Sucks that this is the last week. Would you say that until recently you've really began to notice increase in ''Strength'' particularly?
    Strength increases have been elusive until last week, but they are not evenly distributed across the body. My lat pulls have been stuck at 270-285 (depending on how I feel) and now last week and this week, 300 for sets of 6 sort of came out of the woodwork. My tricep pushdowns are up significantly as well-- about 30 lbs, I'd say. Shoulder presses, no strength gains. Bench or other chest exercises, no strength gains.

Pretty much interested if you would gain and keep some strength after this cycle. I forgot if you mentioned if you'd be running a PCT or not, since I know your on TRT also.
    I'm sure I'll keep most if not all my strength gains, since they were moderate at best and non-existent for the most part. Additionally, my TRT includes a small dosage of Tren, which will also be helpful in keeping my strength gains and general anabolism.

The only post cycle protocol I will be doing is Aegis and maybe some UDCA for about 6 weeks. Since I'm on TRT, there's really no reason to try to restart the HPTA, so no HCG. However, I do run and AI and SERM as a part of my TRT protocol, but that is for E2 control, not for restarting my system.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burly's Mechabol Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I'll see if my shoulders will allow me to do them.
    Since the Meadow's version is not a vertical pull but more of a slight high/low horizontal one I find it a whole lot more comfortable shoulder-wise:

Face pulls - YouTube

"The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only post cycle protocol I will be doing is Aegis and maybe some UDCA for about 6 weeks. .
    Interested as to why you're running Tudca after the cycle. I was advised not to run it after, only at the same time as a methylated compound.

Not saying your wrong in doing this, just trying to learn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Interested as to why you're running Tudca after the cycle. I was advised not to run it after, only at the same time as a methylated compound.

Not saying your wrong in doing this, just trying to learn.
    There are different schools of thought on this. I have heard some well-knowing individuals say that using udca or tudca during the cycle will reduce the effectiveness of the methyl compound and clearing up the liver afterward while it is not under as much stress is more efficient use of the udca/tudca.

Historically, I have used it both during cycle and during pct. I decided to do it differently this time and since I get blood work regularly anyway for my TRT, I will be able to tell what is going on with my liver.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are different schools of thought on this. I have heard some well-knowing individuals say that using udca or tudca during the cycle will reduce the effectiveness of the methyl compound and clearing up the liver afterward while it is not under as much stress is more efficient use of the udca/tudca.

Historically, I have used it both during cycle and during pct. I decided to do it differently this time and since I get blood work regularly anyway for my TRT, I will be able to tell what is going on with my liver.
    Really interested in the results of this ^^^
    Since I am debating to whether run AEGIS during or post cycle of the same run you're doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I remember DJM recommending using TUDCA after the cycle, whereas Jake (Antaeus) advocates only using it on cycle and actually said it was undesirable to run it post cycle.

From what I have read, Mecha isn't that harsh anyway, but it will be interesting to see your results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Aegis on hand... about 5 weeks worth, and I will have to dig up my last and most recent bloods to tell you how it affected my ast/alt levels, which consistently run at the top of the range or above it. From memory, it wasn't highly effective, but I'll get the numbers on here later. I will be ordering UDCA soon and taking 1000mg/day based on this study: Optimum dose of ursodeoxycholic acid in - PubMed Mobile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Aegis on hand... about 5 weeks worth, and I will have to dig up my last and most recent bloods to tell you how it affected my ast/alt levels, which consistently run at the top of the range or above it. From memory, it wasn't highly effective, but I'll get the numbers on here later. I will be ordering UDCA soon and taking 1000mg/day based on this study: Optimum dose of ursodeoxycholic acid in - PubMed Mobile
    Maybe it comes down to how well Tudca protects the liver vs 'healing' it. I'm not qualified to make an even a educated guess on this, but if Tudca is successful as a preventative measure, that would be the approach I would take. Perhaps in the case of Msten it would be more important to run it on cycle, whereas with less toxic compounds, not so necessary, but I really haven't a clue. I'm curious as to why taking Tudca post cycle could be undesirable. I'll see if I can find the email from Jake.

------------

Found email, but no more info.
    Last edited by markam; 04-24-2014 at 05:09 PM.