User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 necropuppy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problem with PEPTO PRO...Bad batch maybe?

Just got my Peptopro yesterday, used it my workout today. Mixed 3 tbsp with 2 Oz amino infusion, added a dash of fruit punch water flavoring. It was perfect. I did try it before the water flavoring and it did admittedly taste a bit bitter, but I've certainly tasted more bitter things, and would have been palatable, but I absolutely hate bad tasting intraworkouts.

I'd say it's fine to me. Can't wait to see how this adds to my transformation.

Sent from my mobile.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drago,

I just saw this. Very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues. Let me see if I can explain a little bit, but then also I will personally speak to Mike from PN regarding your experience and see if he has anything to add or maybe he can take a look and see what any variances you are seeing can be attributed to.

For one, this batch of Pepto Pro is new. This is a different batch then the last batch. There can be very slight taste differences and very slight texture differences. When you buy protein as a supplier you buy in bulk. Hundreds or thousands of lbs at one time. These come in large bags, and they can be then flavored, or have other ingredients mixed in, etc, etc.. In general that "batch" per say very well may have slight differences from the last batch since it has been several months since they were purchased and the initial supplier is continually making new. IT is the same ingredient and should be very close, but in all cases especially a very specific protein like pepto pro that is hydrolized may have slight differences.

Process
    Hydrolyzing is a form of predigesting the protein to make it more absorbable when eaten. Hydrolosis makes protein taste bitter. It is nearly impossible to make pepto pro taste good, because if you added in different flavorings to the degree it would require, you would then add so many carbohydrates it would be more like a "gainer" then a specialized protein that it is. So it is always going to taste bitter, and when this batch runs out, say 1000lbs, when the next 1000lbs comes in, it might be slightly different "tasting" then this batch since it is hydrolized, but it will ALWAYS be bitter, if this makes sense??

As for the Anamass and other flavoring complaints, I will pass on the message to Mike. I too have been using these products for years, and I have never noticed any changes...although I use BB muffin problend 95% of the time. I also use unflavored Amino's or All-in so I have not noticed a change from batch to batch.

I have heard very minimally from time to time a customer/client will say the flavoring was light/stronger then the last batch...So I do know that it is not impossible, just rare.

Let me pass this on to Mike, so he can double check all the flavoring consistencies, etc, etc..and just assure everything is blending evenly in the meantime. Of course the intention is to have 100% consistency at all times, but you have to look at mechanical error and human error... It's real life, it's going to happen from time to time. If you have any concerns, please msg me, or contact PN directly upon noticing an issue.

PN does have great customer service and anytime there is an issue, myself or Mike are available to speak to, to then correct any issue that exists.

Please let me know what it is we can do to solve this situation for you at this time. Feel free to PM me and either myself or Mike will get back to you within 24 hours.

TY swole source for all the kind words, for your continued support. Thanx Drago for being so patient even with the current issues you are experiencing
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Sponsor Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Anyone else get pepto pro fron PN the last few weeks? Is this a new formula or something since they brought it back? Smells like fruit punch but tastes horrible. I've bought lbs. of pepto the last few years and never tasted like this.

Side note to this...I've been having problems with orders for awhile now. Anamass and All-in with no flavoring and different consistencies. Like my Anamass I just bought is thick. I've been buying it since it came out and it never was thick. Bottles of amino infusion tasting not like the fruit punch i ordered. Also been buying all-in since day 1 and tastes different all the time.

I went to Mike a few months ago and told him what was up and he did offer to send me a new product but I said don't worry, just fix the problem. But now it just keeps happening and I question the quality of the product. I've been buying from PN for years but the products are inconsistent. Anyone else out there see this?
    Ok, thank you for posting your concerns and I'll attempt to address them 1-by-1.

Peptopro

DSM makes peptopro, only company that has the right to the trademark. We used to buy it from a middle man, a famous one at that, you all know them. Now we buy from DSM directly. Did the middle man do something, i would hope not, but i can only go on what ive seen and been given. To be fair Drago, you did purchase fruit punch. Fruit punch was not an original flavor so there is nothing prior to compare it to. I can say for certain i will contact DSM today and ask them if the lot # we have has any complaints noted against it. We get directly from the manufacturer now so thats a plus.

AnaMASS Pro

The formula for AnaMASS has not changed. The only thing that has changed is the instantized oats have been switched to a micronized oats. This was stated on the website and why we can no longer get the instantized version. The micronized may mix up thicker. Nothing else in the product has changed. As far as flavoring goes. We stick to a standard formula across the board. Now if the hemp comes in with a stronger flavor, we do not know. If the oats "absorb" more flavor we do not know. We've been buying the basic flavors for 3 years now from the same company. I wish there was an easy fix to this but at this point i guess each batch will have to be tested and tested and tested. Hey maybe its for the better.

Amino Infusion

We buy this from a third-party already bottled. All we do is slap the labels on. I will contact them today or Friday (I'm not even at PN today) and see what we can do. I will grab a bottle myself for testing Friday during the work day as well.

My advice, and I've noticed it more often lately, simply buy the unflavored version when you can. Im being 100% honest with you when i say this. PN does not have a huge budget to work with. Flavorings, especially those to mask creatines, citrullines, agmatine, and aminos are very expensive because they are custom. We as a company simply cannot afford to invest $5k+ per flavor and offer a selection. Im being completely honest when i say this. I wish i could fix it all with more work,etc but Im playing with the cards Im dealt here. I dont even use our flavorings for the supplements, hate to admit it but i dont. I could care less about dye-free anything. i simply use a stick of Hawaiian Punch, any flavor, per drink when i use ALL-IN or Peptopro...For the 20 cents it costs me at Sams Club per stick, the drink tastes better than anything we have. So when i mix our ALL-IN, with PeptoPRO and HBCDs, which by the way, will be in the new reformulated ALL-IN debuting in 2 weeks, the shit tastes way better....I cant be more real with you than this.

Anything you need, please email me, Im glad to talk about things

Mike
    Visit RxWhey.com for all your protein and supplement needs. You loved us on Primordial, now we're here to help you on get swole at Swole Source.

For nutritional and training tips, flash sales, and more, visit us at Facebook.com/RxWhey

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope not too many changes to All-In or I'll have to try and snag some old bags.

Stuff is the blood of greek gods.

Sponsor Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    I hope not too many changes to All-In or I'll have to try and snag some old bags.

Stuff is the blood of greek gods.

Nope, only improvements with minimal price increase. When you see the formula you will thank me, well maybe
    Visit RxWhey.com for all your protein and supplement needs. You loved us on Primordial, now we're here to help you on get swole at Swole Source.

For nutritional and training tips, flash sales, and more, visit us at Facebook.com/RxWhey

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNMike View Post
    Ok, thank you for posting your concerns and I'll attempt to address them 1-by-1.

Peptopro

DSM makes peptopro, only company that has the right to the trademark. We used to buy it from a middle man, a famous one at that, you all know them. Now we buy from DSM directly. Did the middle man do something, i would hope not, but i can only go on what ive seen and been given. To be fair Drago, you did purchase fruit punch. Fruit punch was not an original flavor so there is nothing prior to compare it to. I can say for certain i will contact DSM today and ask them if the lot # we have has any complaints noted against it. We get directly from the manufacturer now so thats a plus.

AnaMASS Pro

The formula for AnaMASS has not changed. The only thing that has changed is the instantized oats have been switched to a micronized oats. This was stated on the website and why we can no longer get the instantized version. The micronized may mix up thicker. Nothing else in the product has changed. As far as flavoring goes. We stick to a standard formula across the board. Now if the hemp comes in with a stronger flavor, we do not know. If the oats "absorb" more flavor we do not know. We've been buying the basic flavors for 3 years now from the same company. I wish there was an easy fix to this but at this point i guess each batch will have to be tested and tested and tested. Hey maybe its for the better.

Amino Infusion

We buy this from a third-party already bottled. All we do is slap the labels on. I will contact them today or Friday (I'm not even at PN today) and see what we can do. I will grab a bottle myself for testing Friday during the work day as well.

My advice, and I've noticed it more often lately, simply buy the unflavored version when you can. Im being 100% honest with you when i say this. PN does not have a huge budget to work with. Flavorings, especially those to mask creatines, citrullines, agmatine, and aminos are very expensive because they are custom. We as a company simply cannot afford to invest $5k+ per flavor and offer a selection. Im being completely honest when i say this. I wish i could fix it all with more work,etc but Im playing with the cards Im dealt here. I dont even use our flavorings for the supplements, hate to admit it but i dont. I could care less about dye-free anything. i simply use a stick of Hawaiian Punch, any flavor, per drink when i use ALL-IN or Peptopro...For the 20 cents it costs me at Sams Club per stick, the drink tastes better than anything we have. So when i mix our ALL-IN, with PeptoPRO and HBCDs, which by the way, will be in the new reformulated ALL-IN debuting in 2 weeks, the shit tastes way better....I cant be more real with you than this.

Anything you need, please email me, Im glad to talk about things

Mike
    Thanks for the reply Mike. My whole point was never about the actual flavoring or lack of. I don't care what it tastes like. It's when the taste and consistency of the products are different, it makes we wonder if I'm really getting 70% isolate-30% Concentrate in your Whey Blend mix, things like that.

I'm looking forward to your estrogen blocker though.

I agree with Grape Ape, All-In is a must have for me, keep it coming

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any update on the new ALL-IN formula? Am curious to see the new formula and would like to purchase soon as I'm getting low on old formula. Cheers!