Thread: Diet on cycle?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diet on cycle?

Quick question.

With the goal of a recomp and mild strength gains on a 5-6 week epi andro cycle, what should my diet look like? Deficit, maintenance, or at a surplus? Really looking to just dry and lean out more.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you're looking to cut, i'd say you'd be on deficit, but how big are you? I've seen IIFYM work on small physique guys, but BBers can't realistically do that shit
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    if you're looking to cut, i'd say you'd be on deficit, but how big are you? I've seen IIFYM work on small physique guys, but BBers can't realistically do that shit

I'll probably eat at maintenance and split the difference with cardio then. I've been doing IIFYM, but it has been SLOW progress. Planned on switching over to regular meal timing anyways.

About 200lbs at ~8% or so.
    Last edited by KGPL; 04-18-2014 at 02:10 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd stick to maintenance or slightly more because your in a great spot to just add LBM and little to no fat.
    Now with that said I think you could get away with a bunch of cals and end up packing on loads of mass with little to no fat. Even if you do add some fat you'll still be around the same bf% since you'll be adding mass at the same time.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGPL View Post
    I'll probably eat at maintenance and split the difference with cardio then. I've been doing IIFYM, but it has been SLOW progress. Planned on switching over to regular meal timing anyways.

About 200lbs at ~8% or so.
    you're a big boy. IIFYM is for skinny models lol
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    you're a big boy. IIFYM is for skinny models lol

I need to be more strict on my diet anyways. Peanut butter just always gets the best of me. A spoonful here and there. Since a week ago, I've gone through a whole container...

If I actually plan it out It will be better for me.

This is my first cycle. Is post workout nutrition that important? I normally just get some calories post workout from mainly protein, but should I be adding simple sugars on cycle to increase absorption or is this all just broscience? Never made a difference for me while being natty.

EDIT

Part of me thinks I should just take advantage of this while I can at my age. Instead of tracking macros, just hammer in the protein and eat throughout the day. Adjust intake accordingly to the scale and mirror.
    Last edited by KGPL; 04-18-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that last post I'd say ditch the cycle and get your diet dialed and see what you can do natty then run the cycle in a few months or next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    With that last post I'd say ditch the cycle and get your diet dialed and see what you can do natty then run the cycle in a few months or next year.

Diet is in check, I've just never bothered with post workout insulin levels/simple sugars as it doesn't seem to effect anything. Might be different when I'm on a compound though.

My diet is IIFYM to a degree. Still hit my macros and eat clean obviously, but I just eat whatever is available at dinner time and pick my options to match my intake. That's the only meal that isn't really consistent.

I'll just split it up and eat throughout the day instead of 3-4 meals. I've been doing it like this to save the calories until dinner time, because I have a monstrous appetite that only gets bigger when I eat a lot in the morning.

Typical day looks like this.
    Breakfast (shake)
    Two scoops whey
    8 oz almond milk
    4 oz water
    3 T peanut butter
    Banana
    1/2c oats

11:00
    1C rice
    Some type of meat, about 8 oz depending on what it is.

3:00-lift

Post workout:
    6oz turkey

7:00 Dinner
    Varies (Still adjust accordingly to hit my macros/caloric intake, but have different things each night. I get my calories in at this meal.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I read you did iifym and you needed to get more strict with your diet I figured you just ate whatever but your style iifym looks solid and not shitty like most people that do iifym.
    Last edited by Scope75; 04-18-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    When I read you did iifym and you needed to get more strict with your diet I figured you just ate whatever but your style iifym looks solid and not shitty like most people that do iifym.
    Understandable. Most people just eat pop tarts and shakes all day... Mines clean, the only real IIFYM part of it is just mixing up my meals at dinner time or fitting things in like sauces, etc.

The more strict aspect is from my view point. Lets face it though, nothing is strict enough or good enough from our own view...
    Last edited by KGPL; 04-18-2014 at 07:45 PM.