User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liftmode phenibut is gonna be the best. Super cheap. 1 gram will get you results. You could prolly use less, but eh, start with a gram.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    Liftmode phenibut is gonna be the best. Super cheap. 1 gram will get you results. You could prolly use less, but eh, start with a gram.
    +1 on this.
    however do take care. I did about 2.5 grams last week and literally felt like I was on Valium..all the next day.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    This looks awesome! Don't think they sell it around here, but as soon as I get a chance to hit the States I'll get the 500gram one for sure.
    This will be on my ''to buy list''

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But aren't you just swapping a prescription drug for a otc drug (that may well become prescription)?

I would try to slowly reduce the dosage of what you're presently on, and use some mag cit when you wake up. I think Magnesium lowers cortisol which is why it helps sleep. ZMA (zinc mag and B6) is popular and much more expensive than bulk mag cit, and mag cit works fine, but must be taken on a empty stomach.
    Phenibut at 500mgs works well for me and at 1g, it really knocks me out. Very addictive and I think a tolerance builds up quickly. I'd only use it twice a week, max.

The purpose of this is to get off sleep meds, not use different ones, yes?

Edit..... I've also used USPlabs Powerful which works well, but I recently tried 2 caps of BPS Endosurge Turbo (contains Macuna, vit D, nettle root), and that worked just as well, and had wood in the morning! Endosurge Turbo works out a lot cheaper than USP Powerful, BTW. (I only dose if I wake up in the night)
    Last edited by markam; 05-01-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    But aren't you just swapping a prescription drug for a otc drug (that may well become prescription)?

I would try to slowly reduce the dosage of what you're presently on, and use some mag cit when you wake up. I think Magnesium lowers cortisol which is why it helps sleep. ZMA (zinc mag and B6) is popular and much more expensive than bulk mag cit, and mag cit works fine, but must be taken on a empty stomach.
    Phenibut at 500mgs works well for me and at 1g, it really knocks me out. Very addictive and I think a tolerance builds up quickly. I'd only use it twice a week, max.

The purpose of this is to get off sleep meds, not use different ones, yes?

Edit..... I've also used USPlabs Powerful which works well, but I recently tried 2 caps of BPS Endosurge Turbo (contains Macuna, vit D, nettle root), and that worked just as well, and had wood in the morning! Endosurge Turbo works out a lot cheaper than USP Powerful, BTW. (I only dose if I wake up in the night)
    Mark, the most important thing for me is sleep. For 2 years everytime I tried sleeping without these prescription drugs, I just would not fall asleep. The reason I want to come off of them as well is because of the many annoying side-effects they have, and I hate being under the mercy and dependency of a psychiatrist (especially over here where I live we don't have many options).

If I can become completely independent of sleep aids, even OTC, would be the greatest thing I could ask for. And that is my long term goal, but I just can't see that happening anytime soon. So I'm gradually trying to wean off of these meds and find something that would still help me sleep so I can keep up with my routine.

I'm looking around to see if I can get some Mag Cit and the fizzy vit C. Also looking for Seditol and Phenibut. I read the same thing, that using Phenibut more than twice a week would build tolerance, so if I find it I will dose it on my 2 carb days, since those days are the hardest to sleep (need at least 2 or 3 zopiclon pills @ 22.5mg or else I can't seem to dose off).

I also heard great things about USP Powerful. I'll look into Endosurge turbo also! Thanks for the advise bro! I really appreciate all this help. Loaded with options to look into!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would really look into different ways to calm, control your mind before sleep if youre having a rough night. Not quite meditation like but different ways to relax your mind and thoughts. Its really helped me out a lot.

Try counting reps instead of sheep haha
    Been juicing since CapriSun

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VayneZ, I dont really know what is underlying cause of your sleeplesness, but IMO sleeps aids wheter prescribed or OTC always have sides- especially long term.
    I've got a feeling that you have neurotransmitter imbalance, perhaps your norephinephrine (which is basically adrenaline) is to high, and adrenaline duty is to keep you awake. So basically best way would be to find and deal with underlying causes- which may be stress both mentally or physically (inc overtraining), adrenal fatigue and stimulant use, seating in front of computer late (light from screen and your activity signals brain to lower melatonin as you brain thinks you have things to do), try not to eat close to bedtime or drink water before bed (you need to hydrate yourself on time), avoid exercising or any strain for 2 hrs before sleep time.
    Bedroom is not meant to have electrical equipment in it, also it should be dark.... Dont go to bed for sake of it- if you feel their is no way to fall asleep going to bed will make it worse as you will start thinking too much, tossing and turning- and when that happens; well- it will be another long, sleepless night.
    As Ryhigh suggested, you need to find your own relaxing technique. For example try to visualise something relaxing or something that you like, for example you can try to visualise space shuttle, how it should look etc.... or submarine.... count flowers on green meadow whatever
    And as Markam said do use magnesium and few other bits.
    And most important is to work on your mental side or how to put it- basically I feel that there are still some things from past that drags you down- you are strong guy and you can deal with it, only it takes time.... Sometimes on the way you need to work with "shrinks".

BTW- best activity before sleep for me is- reading book, if I dont feel like it then I watch TV-shows, one or two episodes, just to relax my mind, take focus out of "real life" and takes mind off stressfull toughts, otherwise in my case when mind starts working there is no way stopping it and there is no sleep even if I take lot of sedatives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryhigh good point! I'll make sure to apply that principle little by little.

And Jelisej, wow man! Def the best advise I've received thus far! I do believe my mind's adrenaline is way too high throughout the day. And I have way too much ''mindpower'' in ANY thing I do. I'm the kind of person that just won't give up or give in mentally.. And I guess the bad side effect of that is that because my mind is so strong, it does not QUIET DOWN when I want to dose off in to sleep.

The less water before bedtime seems to be treating me better. And I've slept alright these last 3 days on half dosage of zopiclon. This morning however I woke up MAD STARVING around 4am, and was to hungry to fall back to sleep. Hunger is just killing me these days because of the lower cals 5 days a week. I could not find any magnesium powder around here though, but I did find 250mg tabs. I believe taking 1 before bedtime, and 1 if I wake up once a night would be a good plan right?

Jel, I'll take your advise and try to ease out and read something ''out of this real crazy life'' before I sleep! Thanks very much for the advise!! Really appreciate it bro

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for waking up in morning because of hunger- that is common, sometimes it is plainly because of hunger, but sometimes if cortisol is low what happens is that sugar drops as well ( what often happens is that person wakes up covered in sweat) so body sense danger and responds by pumping in (usual suspect) adrenalin- basically message that brain sends is "go and find food", it is evolutionary thing I would say. The best way to deal with this is to eat type of food that keeps sugar level stable, like protein- steak is ok and you would still lose some weight.
    Also to add to previous message- if norepinephrine is too high (for whatever reason) you will also have a "shallow" sleep, I'm not usre how to describe it- that happens to me sometimes, and what I do is I ease a bit on training for day or two, or sometimes even use sleeping pills for night or two, and after that usually I return to normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jel, how did you get so smart my friend???

I have been sleeping with the fan on these days, instead of the AC since I feel the noise of the fan and the higher temperature helps me sleep better. But yeah, I often wake up sweating. Are almonds a wise choice to eat at night? I used to keep a ziplock next to my bed just in case I wake up hungry, but stopped that because of the lower cals routine. They're just so easy to snack on and then head back to sleep (if possible), but then again, not sure if it's a good idea.

And yeah, what I do is I take my full dosage of sleep medication twice a week, my high carb days, since I consumed so much starch throughout the day, and it's usually these days that I wake up often during the night.

Maybe the Magnesium would help me with the cortisol issues tonight. I'll be crashing in an hour or so so let's see!