User Tag List

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    450mgs Magnesium is the dosage usually in ZMA, maybe buy that instead. I just use bulk mag cit powder and weigh it. I guess the powder also works quicker as well. Surely you must be able to buy it somewhere?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas of things to do when you cannot sleep

I sleep, but terribly. Sleep is very shallow and dominated by restless, wakeful dreaming. This has been going on for months.

I also have a bad case of nocturia. On a good night i get up three times to drain the snake; on a bad might 6-7. This is clearly a function of BPH - although my PSA number is low normal and scans show only a relatively small physical enlargement of the prostate. The only saving grace of the nocturia is that getting up lets me out of whatever dream is playing and changes the channel.

Talked to my endo about it yesterday. He said that the fundamental problem is the nocturia, so he recommended addressing that first and noting the sleep effect. He wanted me to take Proscar for the prostate, but i waved that off. After thinking about it a bit, he decided on Tamsulosin, which has the added advantage of lowering BP, thus obviating the need to up the dosage of my angiotensin receptor blocker, Cozar.

I took the first dose last night after dinner. Worked great. I didn't have to get up at all, didn't experience any urges and thus got about the only uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep in a year. Dream volume also was dialed down significantly. Will go with the flow for a couple days to see if sleep quality continues to improve. If not. The plan, per doc, is to add a blast of magnesium cit and B6 an hour or so before bed. Mag cit can be had in bulk from Bulk Supplements., direct or via Amazon.

Has anyone else had any experience with Tamulosin? I'd be interested to get additional input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sperwer; 05-02-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sperwer and I thought I had it bad! 6-7 times wow! My worse nights are 3 tops, but since the water reduction it's only once now. Read a bit on Nocturia, it says: ''Patients with severe nocturia may get up five or six times during the night to go to the bathroom.'' Maybe you have it severely.

Mark, if you ever come on a vacation to Aruba, make sure you bring all your supps and vitamins lol. The 2 years I lived in Miami, it was like heaven. Every supps imaginable. Just click a few pages and they deliver to your door, and SUPER cheap compare to the prices here. Everywhere I checked I could only find the tabs and they only have Magnesium Oxide and Gluconate mix in 250mg tab form so I bought that since it was relatively cheap and could not find citrate anywhere else. I should probably take only 1 tab before I sleep right?, since I've read that 400mg of Oxide would be too much. If I knew it was the same magnesium in basic ZMA, I would've just bought some ZMA.

I think I'll buy some ZMA soon, it's been months since I've last used it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is, anything that I take to help me sleep crashes me for four or five hours (as I'm already tired, anyway).
    But taking 1mg melatonin or 450mgs Magnesium, or some L-Dopa will easily let me sleep for a few more hours.
    Taurine at 5-6 gms also works.

I tend to alternate sups every few weeks, so maybe a tolerance doesn't build up. Don't know really, but it works great for me.

BTW As you know, I work nights 5 days a week, and sleep has been a real problem in the past. I hate feeling the whole day is compromised because of a bad night's sleep. Anyway, I get enough sleep now.

Also, I really rate BPS Endosurge as a sleep supp when used in the middle of the night. It's also a great test booster, so win win.
    However, it contains Macuna Pruriens (L-Dopa), so I would take at least 4 weeks off after using it for 6 weeks, as I've read that longer term use of L-Dopa isn't great.

I never take sleep aids when I go to bed, just when I wake up too early.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey yeah how are the jams going? You still working fulltime as a musician right? I will look around for BPS Endosurge and if they don't have it I might see if they can order it. Looks really awesome.

So if I have 3mg Melotonin tabs, try breaking them in 2 or 3 pieces?

oh and btw Nate, I found someone to order some Phenibut HCI for me!! So Looking forward to trying it out as soon as it's here. And at one of the pharmacies they are expecting some Seditol from Source Naturals. So... gotta wait, but I have some nice things to look forward to now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Hey yeah how are the jams going? You still working fulltime as a musician right? I will look around for BPS Endosurge and if they don't have it I might see if they can order it. Looks really awesome.

So if I have 3mg Melotonin tabs, try breaking them in 2 or 3 pieces?

oh and btw Nate, I found someone to order some Phenibut HCI for me!! So Looking forward to trying it out as soon as it's here. And at one of the pharmacies they are expecting some Seditol from Source Naturals. So... gotta wait, but I have some nice things to look forward to now
    Jams? LOL I only play when I get paid. Sad but true
    Research says that .5mgs can be just effective to a higher dose, and I have found that to be true.

Maybe I'll post a link to me playing so you can see how uncool I am

BTW Watch out for Phenibut, it works so good then literally bites you in the butt!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ideas of things to do when you cannot sleep

Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Jams? LOL I only play when I get paid. Sad but true

Maybe I'll post a link to me playing so you can see how uncool I am
    I'd be interested in this.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any requests

Think American songbook.

Anything for the guy in the pink briefs

(No homo) LOL

BTW I have to say that I really like this forum - It's seems to have a very genuine edge of honesty and truth to it. I'm humbled by the achievements by most of the guys here, hey I didn't get into this until I was way into my 40's, but it's been a great learning process, and totally worthwhile.

In case your interested, I never trained seriously until I was in my 40's, but maybe I have good genes: I'm one of those guys who appears to be much younger. LOL. I reckon this has more to do with the fact that I'm a selfish SOB that does what he wants, but who knows.

Anyway, If you're ever in london, Hit me up.
    Last edited by markam; 05-03-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ideas of things to do when you cannot sleep

Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Any requests

Think American songbook.

Anything for the guy in the pink briefs

(No homo) LOL
    Haha. The guy in the pink briefs may die, but the jokes never will.

Hmm. You've played with a lot of bands... I like some of the late 70s early 80s stuff like Journey, Foreigner, any Sammy Hagar stuff, Van Halen, etc.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're that old???

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting