User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is about sleep, LOL.

Luv the way this thread has been derailed.

I'm going to record me playing 'Blue in green' for you guys.

You do realise that Miles took the credit for writing Blue in Green,Solar and Nardis?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Been a long awhile since I last listened to Thrice and refused.

Jel, interesting articles. Both of them actually.
    Me either, I forgot about them for a couple years till I found my old ipod.
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    And this is about sleep, LOL.

Luv the way this thread has been derailed.

I'm going to record me playing 'Blue in green' for you guys.

You do realise that Miles took the credit for writing Blue in Green,Solar and Nardis?
    I need to do some googling on this so I know what it is you're going to play. I feel so young idk what you are talking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhigh View Post
    I need to do some googling on this so I know what it is you're going to play. I feel so young idk what you are talking about
    OK. Miles Davis was arguably the most influential Jazz musician ever. Listen to 'Kind of Blue' It's considered to be a masterpiece.

I have no problem with people not liking Jazz, but it is a art form, and should be respected.

And it's American

I'm going to post a video of me playing Blue and green, just hope I do it some sort of justice.

BTW No ones that young, that's just a feeling you get over
    Last edited by markam; 05-04-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I should clarify, I do know who Miles Davis is and I have no issues with Jazz just not familiar with it. And im not much of an American, I only live here for our amazing judicial system as well as healthcare. hahaha. I am young though, but its cool in a year I can legally rent a car, lower my issuance, and be 1/4 of a century old, happy days to comeee

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ideas of things to do when you cannot sleep

Love the trust, guys.

The answer is to make sure the wife is richer than you. Doesn't always feel good, but you can't have everything
    Haha. I had a female coworker years ago who said "marry the first time for love, and the second time for money.". Haha.

When my wife and I married, she had a good job already and I was just getting started in life. Now, my business and investments exceed her wages. But it was never a mine vs hers scenario.

Don't get me wrong with some if the statements I've made previously... we are in it for the long haul. We've experienced "for better, for worse" and "for richer or poorer" already. Multiple times, actually. And we tend to come through hard times and are better off as we get through them.

In the end it really comes down to strength of commitment. I may want to kill her, but not divorce her. I think you married guys will understand this. Especially you long-term guys.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely understand what you are saying, and I agree. I myself, whenever the time may come will only commit to a marriage if I have the mindset on making it last, and doing my part to make it. Being that finances can be a major issues couple fight/stress/divorces over, I guess I have the mindset, lets just take that out of the way before hand, and know that no matter what any future ryhigh's and my nephews will be taken care of despite any personal relationships. Lol I may be wrong, but atleast I have the option to make changes on my trust if my opinion changes. I guess I wont ever know till the time comes where my opinions become tested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. A marriage cannot be based on money, unless she is stinking rich

But seriously, this can be a real problem if you have a bit of money. You need to be careful.

- - - Updated - - -

I completely understand what you are saying, and I agree. I myself, whenever the time may come will only commit to a marriage if I have the mindset on making it last, and doing my part to make it. Being that finances can be a major issues couple fight/stress/divorces over, I guess I have the mindset, lets just take that out of the way before hand, and know that no matter what any future ryhigh's and my nephews will be taken care of despite any personal relationships. Lol I may be wrong, but atleast I have the option to make changes on my trust if my opinion changes. I guess I wont ever know till the time comes where my opinions become tested.
    Too complicated. Just make sure she has more to lose than you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. A marriage cannot be based on money, unless she is stinking rich

But seriously, this can be a real problem if you have a bit of money. You need to be careful.
    I'm just trying to protect my security blanket that will allow me to know that I can retire happy, healthy, and securely knowing that I wont run out of my retirement funds no matter what expenses may come up.

I see so many people who retire, think they are set financially, things come up i.e medical expenses, living costs, and so forth and end up having to come out of retirement and go back to work. A lot of companies these days are getting around paying pensions, and other retirement wages by hiring younger workers.

I want to sit on my porch, sipping my whiskey, a happy hairy old man lol.

- - - Updated - - -

anywhoooo im ready to be jazzified

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just trying to protect my security blanket that will allow me to know that I can retire happy, healthy, and securely knowing that I wont run out of my retirement funds no matter what expenses may come up.

I see so many people who retire, think they are set financially, things come up i.e medical expenses, living costs, and so forth and end up having to come out of retirement and go back to work. A lot of companies these days are getting around paying pensions, and other retirement wages by hiring younger workers.

I want to sit on my porch, sipping my whiskey, a happy hairy old man lol.

- - - Updated - - -

anywhoooo I'm ready to be jazzified
    Great in theory, but you have to live for today!