Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Thanks for the words of caution guys.
    I'll only take it twice a week, no matter how difficult my insomnia gets on the other days. And Hank, I dunno bro, I've been grumpy this whole week, but I doubt that it has anything to do with the Phenibut... I gotta get out of this ''bad mood'' phase, cuz in 3 weeks I'll be on gear...

Mark, play us another song bro !
    Turn that frown upside down, and do the worm all over the ground!
    Been juicing since CapriSun

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi VayneZ,
    Avoid using sleeping pill and for better and early sleep, engage yourself in regular morning exercises. Avoid taking naps in day timing, manage stress and try to relax before going to bed. Create a restful sleeping environment and be modest about food and drinks.
    Last edited by Fleming; 06-12-2014 at 12:49 AM.
    Doctors Studio
    6400 N Andrews Avenue Suite 120
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
    561 - 444 - 7751

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got me some phenibut as well

i took ~200 mg this morning and ended up passing out 4 hours later. definitely related.

the shit is powerful for me. tried 500 mg last friday.

i guess ill try a gram next time but im pretty sure id rather fuck around in the sub 500 range.

2 g seems like too much for me.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    i got me some phenibut as well

i took ~200 mg this morning and ended up passing out 4 hours later. definitely related.

the shit is powerful for me. tried 500 mg last friday.

i guess ill try a gram next time but im pretty sure id rather fuck around in the sub 500 range.

2 g seems like too much for me.
    If 500ish works for you, why bother fucking around with anything higher? Reason I ask is because tolerance goes up ridiculously fast with that stuff. So if the lower doses are working for you, you should stay there as long as you can before you ultimately have to up it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only had time to read the first 4 pages of this thread and realised i have a fair bit to offer on sleep issues, so if someone has already covered what i will say on the issue then i apologise:
    I had a major life event and adverse drug reaction that suddenly made sleep impossible, i was getting literally 1 to 2 hours broken sleep a night for about 2 weeks, at which point i went to the doctors pleading for help.
    They prescribed zoplicone to me for 6 months, and along the way another doctor added an anti-depressant to the mix (for sleep)

At the 6 month point i saw the light, i researched the fuck out of the issue and realised this is not the way.

It has been proven time and again that the use of hypnotics (zoplicone), sedatives, anti-histamines and every other pharm sleep drug out there actually inhibit deep sleep, so while you may be unconscious for 5 or 6 hours on the stuff, actually the effect of an unmedicated 3 hrs is still way better. Knowing this is the beginning of relaxing your mind about the issue and getting off them.

The next thing to consider is that pretty much all pharma sleeping drugs fuck with your gabba receptors, and with continued use and raised doses, essentially de-sensitise your receptors to your own natural gabba production and other calm inducing brain chemicals, which not only help keep you asleep, but also keep you calm in the day too. This is why people who use these drugs tend to experience worsening day time anxiety and need ever greater doses.

So, use of these drugs - even at all - is not only pointless but is damaging. Yes it feels good to take a pill and fall asleep, but that is the only momentary benefit.

The happy news is that once you understand this, you can begin to relax, safe in the knowledge that the 2, 3, 4 or 5 hours you get without them is still more beneficial - and this is just the beginning of sleeping better.
    Once you get off the drugs, it takes weeks, months and even years for your Gabba receptors to normalise, but every week they improve, just like when you don't drink for 2 months then drink 4 pints (if you've ever done that you will know you feel pissed like you drank twice as much)
    Same principle, and in fact, alcohol acts on the Gabba receptors in exactly the same way as the sleeping drugs, and this is partly the reason why alcoholocs go to sleep pissed, get no deep sleep, and wake up as though they never slept at all, and we all know that alcoholocs ultimately have to get off alcohol to lead a normal and rewarding life.
    Practically speaking, to sleep well again you need to practice good sleep hygiene (google it) and number one of all things, you need to lie down, completely relaxed about getting maybe just 2 or 3 hours sleep. You must think - "so fucking what, i can function on that anyhow" and you can because you have and you do.
    Once you free your mind of searching out more and more sleeping drugs, aids and whatever, and relax your mind to the fact that you can function fine on 2 or 3 hours anyway + good sleep hygiene, over time, you will sleep better and better.
    Some people actually only need 3 or 4 hours naturally anyway - Margaret thatcher being a prime example (ex British Prime minister). So if you've always only got 4 or 5 hours, then chances are that is all you need. Sometimes the constantly repeated mantra of needing 7/8hrs a night in the media makes normal people think somethings wrong, and then of course something does go wrong with the anxiety etc. over it all.

You already have everything you need to sleep well, but a stressful event, occurence or drugs has just temporarily made you forget that. Remember you still have everything you need to sleep well, but you might need some time to re-sensitize your brains natural sleeping gear.

Natural stuff that enhances sleep and/or induces sleep are Magnesium, the peptides in milk, kiwi fruit just before bed, a fatty meal and good vitamin balance, particularly vits D3 and C. Most of all, decent hormorne balance in general, which only comes from chilling out, good diet and exercise, and being happy (being happy in particular helps as serotonin is the precursor to gabba)
    In my experience though, chilling out and freeing your mind of the need for drugs takes you 80% of the way, the rest is time.

FYI, i now get 6 to 7 hours quality sleep a night, about 10 months after binning all the sleeping pills/drugs. At first sleep was difficult, but i still got 2 or 3 hours, and each month it got slightly better, some nights are still bad, but it becomes an improving picture, until finally, you fully believe you will sleep, so you do.

I hope that helps, i'm not preaching, just explaining my own experience, and believe me, i was in a hell of sleepness night, drugs and anxiety for 6 months.