User Tag List

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by necropuppy View Post
    Is the pain in the outside or the inside of your forearm? I'm dealing with a similar pain, it's on the outside. From all the symptoms it sounds like "tennis elbow".

I haven't been able to make it better, it keeps getting worse. Even taking like 2 days off and then doing legs it still hurts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Looks like it's tennis elbow then, symptoms seem the exact same. I'm thinking about ditching any bicep work for a while. Just sticking to chinups and that's it. Come back in to it slowly with light weight.

Today was great as well. Another leg workout. This clen better work when I need it to, getting pretty chunky here. Realized it today when wearing my belt.

Squats (All done ATG, I physically can't get lower.)
    135x15
    185x12
    225x10
    275x8 (belt)
    315x6 (belt+wraps)
    365x3 (belt+wraps)
    405x1.5ish (leaned forward and came back down on the second, belt+wraps)

Leg Press (weight means nothing here, just went up in weight with each set)
    (Reps)20, 15, 15, 12, 10, 5, 3, 3, 3

Front squats
    135x15
    225x8
    275x2
    225x5
    135x10

Hack squats
    Sets of 3, throwing on another plate after each set until I filled the machine with 45's

Leg extensions
    Just did a bunch of reps/sets all over the place. I feel like these are useless for actual mass.

Lunges
    100lb preloaded bar, walked around for 4 minutes, non stop. Almost threw up on this.

Calf raises
    Didn't count the reps/sets on these.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chin-ups and maybe work with different grips (hammer, reverse grip). Maybe try using lighter plates instead of dumbbells which you can stress a different part of your forearms... basically try anything to work around the injury. Imo that's always better than skipping training the injured bodypart.

And BBG's right.... I have been on this board on the basis of an undeserved mercy as an atonement for my underrated weakness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    annnnnnnnnd gains.

295 bench today with no spot.

No other PR's. Time for a day off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    295 to 315 bench in the next three weeks. How reasonable does that sound? Strength gains have been awesome, especially in regards to shoulders. Not sure if it has to do with recovery from the extra calories or what, but my shoulders are really growing fast this time around.

I'll try to get the videos up at the end of my bulk. Will probably be standing shoulder press, deadlift, bench, and maybe squat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    solid PR bro! How are you doing bodyfat-wise with the cal upgrade? (I'll be upping mine in 4 weeks to almost DOUBLE what I'm taking in now)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    solid PR bro! How are you doing bodyfat-wise with the cal upgrade? (I'll be upping mine in 4 weeks to almost DOUBLE what I'm taking in now)
    Well, I wish I could say "my body is responding great, losing bf%, getting into single digits, and gaining strength!"

In reality, not so good. Packing on a huge amount of fat. Gained a lot of this on my chest and lower abs. I'd be angry about this, but the strength gains are making me overlook it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another update. Hit a little bit of all my weak spots, mainly being chest. I hate chest days, but that's a sign that I need to do them to improve... Little bit of everything, nothing too crazy since I just hit it the other day.

Sitting at 220lbs and bloated... Starting to fill out XL shirts, people are 'mirin my triceps pretty hard lately, with multiple people asking me about what I do for them.

Not listing every set here, just my heaviest/last sets on the exercises.

Decline Barbell
    275x6

Incline dumbell
    100x8, focusing on contraction, pause reps.

Incline barbell
    225x6, contraction, slow negatives.

cable flies
    BW dips
    Band pullaparts for rear delts

Flat dumbell press
    100x12

ab work
    light, high rep leg extensions
    calf raises

Again, I was a little all over the place today. Just trying to hit my weak spots as much as possible, with these mainly being abs/traps/chest. Traps get hit hard deadlifting though, so I didn't want to wear them out today.

As a side note, for anyone looking to warm up before chest day, give this a try.
    Lateral raises 2.5lbsx20
    front raises 2.5lbsx20
    Rear delt flies 2.5lbsx50
    Behind the neck pullups 8-10 reps
    Cable rows 1 set of 20, go light and just get a good stretch. Really loosens up the shoulders, lats, and traps. Seems to help me out in regards to pain on push days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGPL View Post
    Well, I wish I could say "my body is responding great, losing bf%, getting into single digits, and gaining strength!"

In reality, not so good. Packing on a huge amount of fat. Gained a lot of this on my chest and lower abs. I'd be angry about this, but the strength gains are making me overlook it.
    I hear ya bro. When I was 20 pounds heavier it felt so great to be all out strong. I guess we can't have it all at once. This summer I'll have some fun with the higher cals but then it's back to shredding for the end of the year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    I hear ya bro. When I was 20 pounds heavier it felt so great to be all out strong. I guess we can't have it all at once. This summer I'll have some fun with the higher cals but then it's back to shredding for the end of the year
    Couldn't have said it better. Enjoy the cals, just don't go overboard like I am. Keep some cardio in the mix too.

Not looking forward to those grueling cardio sessions when I cut... Sucked at it anyways, but it's going to be that much worse when I come out 30lbs heavier.

Should I continue bulking hard to hit the 315 bench and hopefully 600 dead again, or just taper off a bit and gain slowly? The fat gain is getting out of hand here, no more visible abs at all.
    Last edited by KGPL; 05-26-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another back day. Felt completely shitty all day, had extreme anxiety for some reason, broke out into random sweats from time to time. Either I'm still kind of sick, or I'm going at it too hard.

Deadlifts
    135+bands 10 reps, 225+bands 10 reps, 315+bands 8 reps, 405+bands 5 reps, 495x5, 545x3, 585x1. Didn't breath on the 585x1, had to sit down immediately after because I was about to pass out.

Barbell rows overhand
    135x50, 185x20, 225x15, 275x8, 315x5, 135x50 (rest/paused on these)

Lat pulldowns
    Just did a bunch of sets with various grips

Pullups
    Bunch of sets various grips

Cable rows parallel grip
    3 sets of 315lbsx12 reps. heavy heavy heavy on this one. Full stack+45lb plate.

More pullups
    Straight arm pulldowns
    Machine iso pulldowns- full stack, 5 sets of 20 reps

One other question. Why are my deadlifts so unpredictable? Some weeks it goes up easy, others I'm screaming mid rep before I even hit a heavy single.
    Last edited by KGPL; 05-27-2014 at 03:34 PM.