User Tag List

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    495x5... Monster bro!

I just looked back on a video I have of me pulling 500 x 1 back in August of last year. My form is way better now, but I am way weaker and way more defined and ripped compare to how big and powerful I was back then, but puffy-looking.

You should know the answer to your question. In my goal and mindset I want to become stronger, stronger than I was last year, maybe as strong as you are! (That would be sick!!!). But I want to accomplish that with complete balance and control and looking lean and feeling lean. So perhaps I am struggling with 455's now, but slowly but surely I'll go over 500 soon, if not this year, then next year, but I wanna go over 500 seeing my abs and veins.

If you have that mindset, I say just try to balance it all. If you absolutely do not care what you look like physically and just want brutal strength, which in my opinion you have a GIFT for, especially for what you're pulling at your age, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    495x5... Monster bro!

I just looked back on a video I have of me pulling 500 x 1 back in August of last year. My form is way better now, but I am way weaker and way more defined and ripped compare to how big and powerful I was back then, but puffy-looking.

You should know the answer to your question. In my goal and mindset I want to become stronger, stronger than I was last year, maybe as strong as you are! (That would be sick!!!). But I want to accomplish that with complete balance and control and looking lean and feeling lean. So perhaps I am struggling with 455's now, but slowly but surely I'll go over 500 soon, if not this year, then next year, but I wanna go over 500 seeing my abs and veins.

If you have that mindset, I say just try to balance it all. If you absolutely do not care what you look like physically and just want brutal strength, which in my opinion you have a GIFT for, especially for what you're pulling at your age, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that

The tough part for me is that I'm not satisfied, no matter what. Sure this is a great attitude, but couple is alongside with a severe case of body dysmorphic disorder and it's not pleasant. I care what I look like, but I see myself differently than everyone else does. To me, I'm always too fat, never strong enough, never good enough, never big enough. No matter what I do, this will always be the case because of my past and being depressed for 7+ years when I was supposed to have a carefree and happy life at that time. I try to balance strength and physique, but when I cut, I lose strength, then see myself as smaller and begin to feel weak (regardless of the weights I'm still moving...), which kills my workouts. The very reason why I will never be shredded, despite how hard I go at it. It's not even a willpower thing... This is why I'm going all out after this bulk and using clen and anything else I deem necessary (not anabolics quite yet) to get the job done.

So it ends up being "cool I'm big and strong, but I still look like shit," or "cool, I'm getting lean, but now I'm weak and small."
    Last edited by KGPL; 05-27-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story of my life.... everything you just said there... In my case in my late teens, early 20's I fell into drugs because of depression. It provided an escape, and it was a hard battle to get out of that. 5 years clean but really, the BDD theory is pretty much what I struggle with to get through day by day. I know exactly what you are saying. And a lot of sacrifices are made to stay ''stable''. I know for a fact that training and the way I eat pretty much keeps me ''happy'' in life. And I sacrifice a LOT socially for this lifestyle... a lot

But hey as long as we can lift each day, that keeps people like us alive in our mind. And I do believe you will be shredded man. You have some good years ahead of you. Always remember ''Balance''. It will come bro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Story of my life.... everything you just said there... In my case in my late teens, early 20's I fell into drugs because of depression. It provided an escape, and it was a hard battle to get out of that. 5 years clean but really, the BDD theory is pretty much what I struggle with to get through day by day. I know exactly what you are saying. And a lot of sacrifices are made to stay ''stable''. I know for a fact that training and the way I eat pretty much keeps me ''happy'' in life. And I sacrifice a LOT socially for this lifestyle... a lot

But hey as long as we can lift each day, that keeps people like us alive in our mind. And I do believe you will be shredded man. You have some good years ahead of you. Always remember ''Balance''. It will come bro!

Lifting is really my escape from life. In all reality, I probably wouldn't be here still if I didn't start it. I don't think I could have put up with another month at the point I was at right before I started working out.

I made it a 100% point though that I would stay away from drugs. Lost a relative at a young age who overdosed on pain meds. Decided to skip the whole party scene for this very reason. If walk into any party nowadays and it's lined with 15 yearold kids blowing percs... Made sure I wouldn't become that and am still that way.

After doing some research, after I finish this bulk, I'll run ostabol, clen, and ralox or nolva (for gyno). Sides on ostabol seems low, but some of the sarms from research chem sites seem to have the vision sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multiple pr's today.

Shoulder press- 100's x 4 reps
    Seated millitary, touch chest on each rep- 135x17

I need to stop bringing the bar so low, it puts a huge strain on my delts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGPL View Post
    Multiple pr's today.

Shoulder press- 100's x 4 reps
    Seated millitary, touch chest on each rep- 135x17

I need to stop bringing the bar so low, it puts a huge strain on my delts.
    Wow! to this ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the worst workout of my life. I would take a day off, but I can't skip leg day so I'll just wait until sunday for my rest day.

Bi's/tri's/abs

CGBP
    135x30
    185x15
    225x10
    275x3
    135x20

Single arm dumbell tricep extension
    30lbs 3x15

V bar pushdowns
    Ball grip pushdowns
    Dips
    Barbell curls (forearms hurt, only did two sets of 6)
    Dumbell hammer curls (heavy cheat reps)
    EZ bar preacher curls 4x6, pyramiding up.
    Preacher curl machine
    light dumbell curls to failure
    dips to failure

I wanted to leave the whole time, but forced it out. Really feeling beat down. My triceps and shoulders are starting to feel fatigued constantly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a pretty good workout today surprisingly. Post workout, I weighed 8lbs less Perhaps it was a huge amount of water weight lost? Any correlation with stress/water weight? I just got out of school and have a huge source of stress lifted off of me.

Pr's to mention
    315x10
    405x2 paused, no pins, ATG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another rough workout, but I pushed through it. Time to take a day or two off. Shoulder bothered me when I failed on bench.

Barbell bench
    135x20
    185x15
    225x10
    275x4
    315x0. Don't play with heavy weights without a spotter kiddos....

Underhand Barbell rows (slow, light, and tension oriented)
    3 sets of 135x30

Meadows rows
    didn't count sets/reps/weight. First time doing them. Nice change up, but I don't think they are going to make a difference...

Behind the neck pullups
    3 sets to failure

Lat pulldowns with various grips
    cable rows
    Machine chest press

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are so close to nailing that 315 bro. Impressive barbell strength for sure! I can barely lift 225 these days I'm sure.