User Tag List

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    You are so close to nailing that 315 bro. Impressive barbell strength for sure! I can barely lift 225 these days I'm sure.
    315 would be a huge landmark for me. It took me about two years of training before I could even touch 225 for one HORRIBLE rep. Barbell work has always killed my shoulders, but I have recently been able to counteract it by pairing my heavy flat bench days with back work, which seems to help loosen everything up.

EDIT
    Freaking out a bit right now. My left shoulder gets a shooting pain through it when I lift it as if I were doing a lateral raise. Makes a hard click when I straighten my arm out and move it backwards behind my body.

Looking back on this, I knew I should have backed off and stopped going for PR's multiple times a workout. My body was telling me to ease off, but I'm a bit too stubborn/persistent to listen... Elbows have been giving me problems, the tennis elbow/forearm pain, shoulder pain, constant anxiety, random sweats, and a decrease in appetite. Will take two days off, bulk hard for the next week, then begin my cut. I'll have time for lots of cardio and will re think this whole training thing. I'll set up a more reasonable routine where I'm not pushing myself reps beyond failure and going to the point of where I feel like passing out/puking. I'll keep the reps from 8-12 as well, instead of pyramiding and all the variation.
    Last edited by KGPL; 05-31-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, not sure why I went at it again, but it was a great workout. Really loaded carbs yesterday and today. Sure I could have hit even better numbers if I had more rest.

Chest/triceps/calves

Decline bench
    135x30, 185x15, 225x14, 275x5, 315x1, 225x8

Incline dumbell
    75x12, 85x12, 100x8, 100x7, 100x5

Incline barbell
    135x20, 185x8, 205x7, 225x5, 245x3

Cable flies
    Machine chest press, full stack+3 bands for 3x12

3x30 tricep rope pushdowns (tri's get hit multiple times a week, they are responding extremely well to this)
    Calf raises

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Hitting 315 in Decline is a sign that you are REALLY close to nailing it flat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Nice! Hitting 315 in Decline is a sign that you are REALLY close to nailing it flat
    Yes and no. It was a little frightening as I had no spot, but still went for it. Nobody was in the gym today. I'm fast off the chest, but struggled at lockout. I was actually stuck for about 5 seconds straight, felt like a lifetime. This would mean my triceps are the weak point, but that's definitely not the case... I really wish I could think clearly when doing heavy reps, If I think about exploding and exhaling, I can generally move a lot more weight. When I go for a new single though, it's more of a panic and matter of "oh shit I'm dead if I don't get this off me."

Hopefully I'll get the video's up tomorrow of squats and deads, should have someone to film me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fell over after deads today. Still didn't breath and held it at lockout with 585x1. Stumbled backwards and semi passed out...

Shitty workout after this, but still forced it through. My training "partner" didn't show up again, so no video.

At a little predicament now. This really can't be good on my body long term. Should I ditch the constant heavy deads? I don't think a single ifbb guy does heavy deads.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Young and Dumb, KGPL's first cycle

Holy crap bro!! 585??? Dear lord!

Just listen to your body, if you start hurting it getting inquires ease up a bit

Telepathically sent from iPhone using Jedi mind tricks
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhigh View Post
    Holy crap bro!! 585??? Dear lord!

Just listen to your body, if you start hurting it getting inquires ease up a bit

These aren't pretty though, form goes to shit. I get pounding headaches for the rest of the day after heavy singles. No clue how the hell I pulled 600 before to tell you the truth. Perhaps the weights were lighter than they actually were? I don't remember the 600 being as hard as this 585, as soon as I get to my knees my whole body starts seizing out and shutting down. It all goes black I guess you could say, I can't remember the pull from there until lockout....

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Young and Dumb, KGPL's first cycle

Damn well that sounds horrible and IMO I wouldn't do a weight that requires you to lose form.. Just a big chance for injury especially deads...

I wouldn't put such a emphasis on weight unless you're trying to be a power lifter. But i can't lift nearly as heavy as you and don't know what it feels like to lift close to 600lbs lol

You're young lift smart, so you can continue on a long healthy swole road

Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want the 600 again, but I just don't think it's worth the stress on my body. I need a video this time just so I can get the satisfaction of the pull over and over wtihout having to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to bulk until next wednesday or so, then taper back into a cut.

Video of deads coming on next tuesday. I don't care if I have to do it myself and hit the deads it without music, I'll make it happen. No point in bench/shoulder press videos really. Squat video might come on thursday depending on how I'm feeling.