User Tag List

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    You're a strong man bud! Do you train usually alone or with a partner?

And you're actually inspiring me to start focusing again on front squats.. Been Awhile
    It's mixed. There's always a group of guys that are there, but I'm normally training solo. I can get a spot whenever I need one though. Any time I train with people they end up pissing me off because they complain too much or don't push themselves.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    315 front squat ugh

275 is the most I've ever done, and I hated it lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    315 front squat ugh

275 is the most I've ever done, and I hated it lol
    By no means did I enjoy it... It was one of those "oh shit" moments. Was stuck for a bit, but didn't want to drop it because I had no pins set up so I just cheated it up with bad form.

Anyone have any unique ab exercises? I've been neglecting them, just doing leg raises once a week. Hate training them, but I think I need to for the sake of stability during my compounds and general aesthetics when I cut to a low bodyfat.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Young and Dumb, KGPL's first cycle

A exercise I like for stability specifically is a sort of version of leg lifts. Lay flat on back bring legs up far as you can while keeping back on mat. Basically you do 5 different angles from extended in air as far as possible to a couple inches of the mat. Hold each angle for 20-30 secs while squeezing abs concentrating on abs flexed and keeping belly button sucked in towards back.

This works your transverse abdominis which acts like a girdle and is the layer under rectus abdominis your 6 pack visible abs..

I'll see if I can find a video that makes more sense

Telepathically sent from iPhone using Jedi mind tricks
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got that excercise from a guy I knew that trains D1 college athletes. He explained how many people only concentrate on the "visible abs" doing crunches and what not... When he started doing that exercise and targeting the transverse abs their stability, explosiveness and balance shot thru the roof. Plus it'll make your midsection smaller creating a better v shape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhigh View Post
    A exercise I like for stability specifically is a sort of version of leg lifts. Lay flat on back bring legs up far as you can while keeping back on mat. Basically you do 5 different angles from extended in air as far as possible to a couple inches of the mat. Hold each angle for 20-30 secs while squeezing abs concentrating on abs flexed and keeping belly button sucked in towards back.

This works your transverse abdominis which acts like a girdle and is the layer under rectus abdominis your 6 pack visible abs..

I'll see if I can find a video that makes more sense

I'd appreciate the video. Looked around a bit on google and could only find the usual "do this to get abs" BS.

Anything that makes the midsection smaller sounds great. I have a huge waist. I've tried vacuums for a while, but didn't notice anything after a couple months so I decided to skip them.
    Last edited by KGPL; 05-17-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGPL View Post
    I'd appreciate the video. Looked around a bit on google and could only find the usual "do this to get abs" BS.
    Yeah I'm not sure there is a video, if I remember correctly he said he came up with it when working with his athletes. It didn't even have a name lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm not sure there is a video, if I remember correctly he said he came up with it when working with his athletes. It didn't even have a name lol

So if I'm understanding correctly, just lay on the ground, keep legs straight out, and raise them up a couple inches, hold/squeeze, raise, hold/squeeze, and so forth until I can't get them higher? Do I go straight up or turn them off to the sides too?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 necropuppy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Young and Dumb, KGPL's first cycle

I got that excercise from a guy I knew that trains D1 college athletes. He explained how many people only concentrate on the "visible abs" doing crunches and what not... When he started doing that exercise and targeting the transverse abs their stability, explosiveness and balance shot thru the roof. Plus it'll make your midsection smaller creating a better v shape

Like 45° and 60° on left and right sides, and 90°, straight up? This sounds great if I'm thinking correctly about what you're describing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necropuppy View Post
    Like 45° and 60° on left and right sides, and 90°, straight up? This sounds great if I'm thinking correctly about what you're describing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Yes exactly! Yes start from angle with legs high as you can raise hitting lower angles to where legs are extended straight out barely above the ground