Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 necropuppy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Young and Dumb, KGPL's first cycle

Quote Originally Posted by KGPL View Post
    My shoulders got so disgustingly pumped that I could barely lift my arms.
    Nice.

Do you find decline bench does anything for you? I've never done it, I kinda considered it superfluous.

Do you do back before you do chest? My bro told me it may help my chest if I do back first and exhaust the assisting muscles so I can focus more on my chest. Also I'm wondering if that applies to triceps too.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decline barbell did nothing at all. I don't feel it in my chest, I'm just moving weight for no reason.

On saturdays I hit a couple back movements before chest. Not so much with the idea of exhausting the back, but more so to stretch out the shoulders/lats/traps and get some blood in there. Seems like after I did this my shoulders take less of a beating and I can move more weight.

As for tricep pre exhausting, never. Maybe a couple light sets of one arm behind the head dumbell extensions, but that's just used as a warmup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decline barbell did nothing at all. I don't feel it in my chest, I'm just moving weight for no reason.

On saturdays I hit a couple back movements before chest. Not so much with the idea of exhausting the back, but more so to stretch out the shoulders/lats/traps and get some blood in there. Seems like after I did this my shoulders take less of a beating and I can move more weight.

As for tricep pre exhausting, never. Maybe a couple light sets of one arm behind the head dumbell extensions, but that's just used as a warmup.
    Hmm ok. I'm going to try that, and what my bro said. It's all a about seeing what works right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by necropuppy View Post
    Hmm ok. I'm going to try that, and what my bro said. It's all a about seeing what works right?
    Exactly. What works for someone might be horrible for others. Some people love dips, I can't do them because it feels like my shoulders are ripping in half.

Definitely try the warming up the back thing (pullups, cable rows), then the flat dunbell bench with a 45lb plate underneath it. It's my new go to chest movement.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. What works for someone might be horrible for others. Some people love dips, I can't do them because it feels like my shoulders are ripping in half.

Definitely try the warming up the back thing (pullups, cable rows), then the flat dunbell bench with a 45lb plate underneath it. It's my new go to chest movement.
    It's gotta be bad form or shoulder placement man. You're not letting your shoulders slump when you do them right? Once I stopped that my collarbone stopped hurting. Once I stopped putting my arms so far behind me, it stopped feeling my joint was gonna rip in half. I know you know how the movement is supposed to work. But have someone watch you. If anything but your arms are bending you might be doing it wrong. I thought the pain was just a thing associated with dips I'd grow out of, till a dude downrange was like "hey man I see you in there all the time and you hold your shoulders after dips. Here's 2 things you're doing wrong." I've been golden ever since.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't do dips either. Used to bang them out all day long when I was a kid. The problem is an AC joint injury. They heal up well enough if you rehab properly, but dips always re-aggravate the injury. Might be something to investigate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's form, but I'll have someone take a look next time I'm at a legit gym. Canceled my membership because I am heading off to college soon, just left at a shitty local gym.

Refeed Today.

Ribeyes. mmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ribeyes. mmmm
    Porterhouse ftw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by necropuppy View Post
    Porterhouse ftw.

Ribeye
    Buttery baked potato with bacon bits/cheese
    broccoli
    Garlic bread
    Lava cake
    Key lime pie
    red velvet cake

Annnnd I feel like death. Way too much dessert, I needed it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ribeye
    Buttery baked potato with bacon bits/cheese
    Red velvet cake
    broccoli
    Garlic bread