I've got some infection that's fucking me up big time, fever, headache, body aches and I'm having trouble swallowing (no homo).

I'm pissed because I had just gotten back into a routine for the last month after spraining the shit out of my ankle earlier this year and now I feel like death and can't even think about eating, let alone trying to go lift. Also wasn't thrilled with the doc's solution which is to stay at home and rest (full time student with a bunch of commitments that won't understand I'm sick) and take prednisone.

Anyway, doc said take 30mg twice a day for ten days until they get some cultures back. They thought it was strep throat but the rapid test was negative and didn't want to put me on an anti biotic unless they knew it was strep.

Only other stuff I'm taking currently is a daily vitamin, fish oil, vit e , just stuff for general health.

Anyone been on prednisone before and how bad was it, also what can I do to mitigate the bad shit prednisone is infamous for (weight gain, lethargy etc)