User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insane forearm cramps?

Anyone else ever had this problem after a heavy back day or any bicep movements? I literally can't bend my arms or I end up extremely painful cramps.

I've tried upping my water intake, bananas, vitamins, more sodium, etc. Nothing seems to help. I always do warmup sets as well. Happens about 1-2 hours post workout and lasts the rest of the day.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, little bit of cramps is normal, I beleive. You can try combination of taurine and magnesium- which is also good for heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ These aren't just a little though. For the past month or so I've had this problem, but it gets progressively worse after each time it happens. I'll pick up some taurine.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get something called Natural Calm. It's a powdered magnesium supplement that works fantastic for this type of thing. I take a dose everynight before bed.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGPL View Post
    ^ These aren't just a little though. For the past month or so I've had this problem, but it gets progressively worse after each time it happens. I'll pick up some taurine.
    And magnesium...
    Also it sounds like you could benefit from temporary changing routine- avoiding exercises that put too much strain on affected area.
    In reality (over)training that area does not bring benefits, even research confirms that after muscle is overtrained/sore- its next to impossible to reach level to induce muscle breakdown- meaning there will not be further muscle growth.

Stress is one of the biggest problems, and by stress I mean not just mental one which is seriously damaging, but also stress to our body including muscles- sometimes just taking day or week off is best solution- and eventually pays off.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flexors or extensors?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get terrible forearm pain if i am not careful. Now adaysi use forearm wraps , i got a paiir if these on Ebay Elite FTS. They help a bunch
    Also I have discovered if I avoid heavy straight bar curls then I dont have nearly as many issues.

After workouts I hit my forearms with the massage stick,while at my desk and occasionally I will inject GHRP/GHRF for a few days to help recovery.
    Last edited by Hank!; 06-14-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looked into it more specifically, it's the brachioradialis. Is there any correlation between it being overdeveloped causing these issues? It's literally thicker than my upper arm

I'll look into the wraps, I already use wraps for almost everything. Thought about using GHRP/GHRF, but I'm too young to start with that stuff.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely this is going to be an adhesion near the origin of the muscle. Find the spot with the elbow flexed and then extend the elbow while sliding your thumb towards the origin of the muscle. It may take a few of these, but it'll help to release the muscle.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Most likely this is going to be an adhesion near the origin of the muscle. Find the spot with the elbow flexed and then extend the elbow while sliding your thumb towards the origin of the muscle. It may take a few of these, but it'll help to release the muscle.

I found what appears to be an adhesion last night. However, it's on the opposite portion of the forearm. When I contract my bicep and look in the mirror, I can actually see a knot protruding through the skin.