User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I typically lift in the afternoon.

Funny thing is that I used to work at a gym years ago, I did the opening shift so I was there at 3:30am. I had keys to the building, so I would get in a good workout before I unlocked the doors for others.

But hitting the gym that early in the morning still feels like its just really late at night.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

New Member Feedback Score 0 Kkiniaus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AM or PM workout? Your preference?

Totally personal preference whether you need a certain amount of food in before training, if you are sensitive to pre workouts at night time and obviously your work/social schedule many pros and cons for different times of day. Do what feels best and works in with you

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to burst through a tough lift before the day wears on me and saps my energy. I'm definitely not a morning person, though. I've been hitting the gym sometimes between 12 and 2 PM lately. Own my own company so it counts as my "lunch break," just gotta squeeze the workouts into a 45 min time frame.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always prefer workout early in the morning because in morning our whole body parts are fresh and that's why we can do workout with good energy. However there is not any big issue if you are doing workout in evening.
    Last edited by richard; 09-06-2014 at 12:43 AM.
    Never say never.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    I always prefer workout early in the morning because in morning our whole body parts are fresh and that's why we can do workout with good energy. However there is not any big issue if you are doing workout in evening.
    I started working out in the mornings this week, after having done at least Sunday mornings for several weeks. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I'm stronger in the morning.

My problem with afternoon workouts was often one of two things. Either I ate so much at lunch that I battled a slump and indigestion by the time 4:30 rolled around and I got to the gym, or I ate too little at lunch and got terrible hypoglycemia during my workout.

Working out in the morning, I don't have to worry about either, for whatever reason. Plus now I'm not giving up an hour and a half after work and being too full to eat dinner at a reasonable hour due to my post-workout protein shake bloating the hell out of me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion both are good time for work. But i personally prefer AM because in the AM means morning you can do exercise and work easily more than PM. And in your case you like PM other than AM but when you entered in adult life then you like AM. And i know that 90% people like AM.
    Last edited by SoCal-Nutrition; 06-24-2016 at 05:08 AM.

New Member Feedback Score 0 William3's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always love to do workout in the night....I thinks PM workout is best ...
    Last edited by SoCal-Nutrition; 04-22-2016 at 06:23 PM.
    Be lOyAl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William3 View Post
    I always check out cpap machines and love to do workout in the night....I thinks PM workout is best ...
    I cannot lift in the AM's. I've tried multiple times and it would make my life a bit easier if I could, at least some weeks. But I feel like dogshit in the gym in the morning. And that kills my mood every time.
    Last edited by Broadwell; 11-17-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever works as long as it's consistent. I've done 2 yrs 1-3am. But, I've done morning runs and night weights too.
    Now mostly morning to early aftn, but also evenings too. More suppression after afternoon most likely.
    But I don't feel it mostly.