User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pramipexole got rid of my elbow pain

I had severe elbow pain while doing curls (and some other movements). At one point I was barely able to do 20s for 12 reps. If I laid off bicep curls, I could come back for a session and do 25s for a little while. Then I was back to having horrible pain.

2 weeks on prami has basically cured the elbow pain. It's the only change I've made.

I'm back up to using 50s for DBs and I feel almost no pain/discomfort.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 lt1head's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anogenin let me squat for the first time in a year. Not sure if it's just the nature of laxogenin as an anabolic agent, or if it's my cortisol being lower on it.

Both cortisol and prolactin are inflammatory if high, so getting those under control could reduce joint inflammation and let the joint heal. That is assuming it's just inflammation of some sort causing the pain.

Anogenin was the only thing that changed suppwise, don't know what else to attribute the repair to.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My knees having been killing me the past 3 months. I was thinking it was because of my last epi cycle but im going to check more into it. I do like having a good excuse for not doing squats tho

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did your dosing look like? Any sides?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ironjulius View Post
    My knees having been killing me the past 3 months. I was thinking it was because of my last epi cycle but im going to check more into it. I do like having a good excuse for not doing squats tho
    In my case I absolutely tore something my back (bruising) and as I rehabbed the injury, eventually my elbow was the last spot to have pain.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGPL View Post
    What did your dosing look like? Any sides?
    100% you need to ramp up doses. Started at. 25mg and worked up to 1ml after 2 weeks. Sides can include nausea (if you ramp up too fast), fantasizing about sex/random erections, drowsiness but also insomnia.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    100% you need to ramp up doses. Started at. 25mg and worked up to 1ml after 2 weeks. Sides can include nausea (if you ramp up too fast), fantasizing about sex/random erections, drowsiness but also insomnia.
    That's a side of breathing for me.....

What sort of elbow pain/injury was it, BBG?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea as to what caused the healing to take place? I'm trying to figure out the specifics behind it, seems like the closest thing is the potential GH releasing abilities of prami.

Sponsor Feedback Score 1 (100%) GYMnTONIC.com's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    **Edit wrong post**
    www.gymntonic.com
    questions@gymntonic.com
    Use Discount Code "SWOLE" for 5% off at Checkout

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    That's a side of breathing for me.....
    It gets bad though, I sat in my car for 10 minutes, late for class, talking down a boner. And then I got to class and all I could think about was that there were women within 10 feet of me. And how I needed to not get an erection in class...

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    What sort of elbow pain/injury was it, BBG?
    I threw a frisbee and felt a tear in the back of my right shoulder, a little low like on the lat. Never had it diagnosed. Horribly painful. Couldn't throw a disc for weeks, let alone even run due to the movement. Had to back off on weight lifting for a week, then I was back in doing rehab stuff (rotator cuff work, etc.) I couldn't do a SINGLE pull-up. That's coming off of 45lb pull-ups for 6-10 reps.

Elbow pain was just a side effect, it's the same side of the body that the injury occurred on. Never had anything like it so I assume it was related or happened at the same time.

Any kind of curling was excruciating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KGPL View Post
    Any idea as to what caused the healing to take place? I'm trying to figure out the specifics behind it, seems like the closest thing is the potential GH releasing abilities of prami.
    It's not just potential GH releasing... it is definite GH releasing.

Neuroendocrine and side effect profile of pramipexole, a new dopamine receptor agonist, in humans.

The effects and tolerability of pramipexole, a new dopamine D2-receptor agonist, on prolactin, human growth hormone, thyrotropin, cortisol, and corticotropin levels were investigated in a randomized, double-blind, crossover study in 12 healthy volunteers. Single oral doses of 0.1, 0.2, and 0.3 mg pramipexole and placebo were studied over a period of 24 hours. Pramipexole decreased serum prolactin levels in a dose-dependent manner, with a maximum effect after 2 to 4 hours. Serum levels of human growth hormone were dose-dependently increased; however, this effect was only significant 2 hours after drug administration. Furthermore, a slight increase in serum cortisol levels and a slight decrease in serum thyrotropin levels was observed. Our findings show for the first time pharmacodynamic effects of pramipexole after single oral doses in healthy volunteers. The compound was well tolerated and showed an endocrine profile similar to other dopamine D2-agonists.